Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Do you feel your vote matters?

Its election season again so we know black celebrities and shit are getting on black people to go out a vote Democrat like they always do. Alot of black people feel we dont have much of a political voice whether we vote or not and allt of us feel like every option we have is just a choice of lesser evils.

But do we demand anything from the people we vote for? I feel like alot of us just blindly vote how our parents vote and dont really engage in it. And i can understand the feeling of your vote not having any impact

i do.....but the shit storm is too far dug in.
while i feel my vote matter, its the selection of people that doesnt really matter where my votes go because all are shitty

Depends on the race
For president in Texas, absolutely not. Local stuff, of course it matters

Black people need to read the ballot or the bullet. Malcolm gave us the blueprint a long time ago. So my answer if we don't demand and hold accountable for the politicians but we really fucked up by not doing that to Obama. So he always will be an excuse why he shouldn't do anything. We shouldn't vote nor try to sway anything until they want to listen to us if not then our votes are useless.

Like democrats it seems are all about compromise they can be in the right and still want to compromise. Republicans just be like fuck it this is what it is.

Power is in numbers

If 100mil people around the country organized & went to their courthouse/city hall/governor's mansion & demanded change or else we'll tear this mf up.. what you think gon happen?

Yup, it counts and is worth something, but so is propaganda against voting, and that prevails over everything else.. the ignorant are at fault for the state of our country rn

I have no idea how to vote for these judges on the ballot.

It's kinda fucked up since judges are technically supposed to be impartial and therefore of no particular party association so they don't print one for them on the ballot usually but we all know that's bullshit.

I think a lot of people either go off name recognition, leave that shit blank or do it like a multiple choice test when you don't know the answers. Shit maybe I should run for judge - I got a decent-sounding name.

ct-angry-americans-get-over-it-perspec-1114-md-20161111

If those motherfuckers are voting i'm voting right back at them.

People who admit they don't vote, but in the same breath say that voting "don't do nothing" is seriously some of dumbest shit I've ever heard.
It's basically the equivalent of someone saying: "Watching what you eat and regular exercise won't make you healthier"!
angry.gif

Even as they complain about having a beer gut and high blood pressure.

People who admit they don't vote, but in the same breath say that voting "don't do nothing" is seriously some of dumbest shit I've ever heard.
It's basically the equivalent of someone saying: "Watching what you eat and regular exercise won't make you healthier"!
angry.gif

Even as they complain about having a beer gut and high blood pressure.

@Knock_Twice

The two party system is bullshit, and people don't pay attention to alternatives. Black ppl voting democrat because and white ppl voting republocan just because.

I'm more mad at my ppl because the dems don't even really promise us shit anymore. They just do a few photo ops and interviews. We haven't held them to task on a damn thing. We like political side bitches.

Ppl are moronic and on autopilot at this point. What good is your vote if you don't research who the fuck you're voting for? Did you check their voting record to make sure their actions align with their words? Oh they're going to do this and this, but did they present a sound plan on how to do it?

And ppl need to get off their self righteous high horse against ppl who choose not to participate in the fuck shit. Who are you to tell somebody they're wrong for exercising their free will? Do you takw responsibility for the shit candadite you voted for when they start fucking up?

I ain't voting red or blue but I'm voting.

Im votin libertarian and its makin everyone mad.

Libertarians said they wanna legalize weed so thats my ppl.

Except Sec or State im votin for the black dem woman

Lmaoooo it’s actually not basically the equivalent

Even if we operate on voting is the most important thing, this is such a simplication of the voting process

As a collective, we have supported candidates who’ve come through and gave us hope. So to say “oh the country the way it is cause of you not voting” is such an elementary argument. I think some of Us actually believe we have to vote for basic rights. People actually think reparations is a conversation. Or laughably, that it should be repayed in the form of an 15th best education in the world. Bring a better argument than fear when you start telling people why they should vote.

I think my right to vote is important. In 2004, Diddy had the vote or die campaign so we having the same conversation when we’ve already shown since that we would vote.

Most important part of voting is the organization part. That’s what they not saying. They let it seem like it’s popularity that wins by dumbing it down. Why Chinatown so nice aesthetically and mlk boulevard always some bullshit

Bro your people vote the most percentage wise.

Good points. We think voting is the end all be all and its not. We got plenty urban areas that is majority us and so much more we can do besides just voting.

I have no problem with either argument. Matter fact I'm voting but sometimes it's crazy that celebrities adamant to push vote or die campaigns. That's cool but let's keep that same exact energy when it come to building group economics. At which right now is the time.

Back