Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Do we have unrealistic expectations of BET?

If BET isn’t getting the viewership it should it’s because of marketing and not programming

You might be right.

Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Spike, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina) and Paramount Channel, reach more than 4.4 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide.

I don't watch most of those channels but those who do. Does viacom advertise the shows that are coming on BET on those other channels?

They had a chick in that thread that said she had a digital show on the bet YouTube channel and it got cancelled after 9 episodes

I think she said she was getting 15k views on average

Idk man. This one of those things where maybe just maybe your show wasn't as good as you thought it was and the backing had nothing to do with it but idk.

I know issa is the exception but she was able to take her shit to HBO. Not saying everyone will be able to do that but maybe BET pulled the plug too early or maybe it was just not a good show
I’m talking programming as a whole

People still think of hell date and baby boy and reruns of the BET awards when they think of the channel

somebody needs to be the front man to hip people onto how good the channel is. Somebody that the masses gravitate to. In addition to have ads showcasing the shows on social media andOther streaming services. That’s what I mean from a marketing standpoint

maybe change the color scheme of the channel or something

They had a chick in that thread that said she had a digital show on the bet YouTube channel and it got cancelled after 9 episodes

I think she said she was getting 15k views on average

Idk man. This one of those things where maybe just maybe your show wasn't as good as you thought it was and the backing had nothing to do with it but idk.

I know issa is the exception but she was able to take her shit to HBO. Not saying everyone will be able to do that but maybe BET pulled the plug too early or maybe it was just not a good show

That's bad marketing. How many of us knew about that youtube show? Not 1.

BET gonna have to do what History Channel did. They tried to make shows and Vikings I think did well and idk about Knightfall. BET lacking is to me about lack of money that makes better quality. And it not being black owned it don’t seem like it’s legit.

Bottom line, most of us are cord cutters to some degree.

And if we are checking for BET, it's through back door means instead of watching it on cable.

One of the tweets mentioning they actually brought back BET news, but no one watched it. I didn't know they did if I'm keeping it a buck

that is true people really don’t watch tv like they used too well cable anyway. BET need a streaming service.

Only cable channel I watched heavy was Food Network

I outgrew BET or it outgrew me

Every last one of them shows she mentioned was trash. Cant just be BET with black actors and expect black people to just accept it because its black.

They need good animated shows for the kids

They need to do a deal with Jadas show for the women

They need to have a show with the mememunigguh guy, or dude that make the gta episodes, or something like game of zones ...for the males.

Shit needs to be entertaining..and black

Dont fucking black me to death wit the same ol rick smiley church..ugh..huh huh..yuck yuck, knee slapping negro shit..or more of drug dealing, pimping..or just..enough of the same shit

Like folks in this thread have said, it's all about marketing. The only BET show I've seen get marketing is that Tyler Perry scandal ripoff the last few years.

BET went away from what made it great. If they went back to the hip hop and R&B during the day and then followed that up with their original programs it might make the channel desirable again. Nobody wanna watch fresh prince reruns all day
Yea but nobody watches music videos and shit anymore either. YouTube and instagram is the place for that.

Back