Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW DJ Khaled - Father of Asahd

Does DJ Khaled actually make beats?? What does he do to say "this is MY album"?
I looked at the credits for his latest album earlier today. He's listed as a producer on every track BUT he's also never the only producer on any of the tracks, so is he actually contributing to the songs? is he giving the producer(s) ideas of what he wants? or is he just going "Yo I like that, we made a dope song" and putting his name on it? hard to tell at this point

I looked at the credits for his latest album earlier today. He's listed as a producer on every track BUT he's also never the only producer on any of the tracks, so is he actually contributing to the songs? is he giving the producer(s) ideas of what he wants? or is he just going "Yo I like that, we made a dope song" and putting his name on it? hard to tell at this point
Lmao that's exactly what made me bring it up, I did the same. All I can picture is him paying people, sitting in the studio listening to them make beats and approving them, then calling rappers to lay down vocals then adlibbing his name over the finished product. I understood how mixtape DJ's worked, artists want promotion so they send in music to djs and they make a giant mix out of a bunch of songs, but for major artists like DJ Khaled I'm confused at wtf he does that he can call it HIS album.

Lmao that's exactly what made me bring it up, I did the same. All I can picture is him paying people, sitting in the studio listening to them make beats and approving them, then calling rappers to lay down vocals then adlibbing his name over the finished product. I understood how mixtape DJ's worked, artists want promotion so they send in music to djs and they make a giant mix out of a bunch of songs, but for major artists like DJ Khaled I'm confused at wtf he does that he can call it HIS album.
Dude doesn't produce. He listens to songs and tell producers to add more energy to it or tell the artists to raise their vocals on the hooks. Then he screams on the song and that's it.

Dude doesn't produce. He listens to songs and tell producers to add more energy to it or tell the artists to raise their vocals on the hooks. Then he screams on the song and that's it.

Daum I thought he actually produced... So hes kinda like Puff??? He has an idea of what he wants a beat to sound like and instructs producers on what he wants...

Back