Welcome To aBlackWeb

DJ Akademiks said the pioneers of Hip Hop are dusty and Broke LL Cool J responds

Your Thoughts On Akademiks Calling The Pioneers "Dusty"

• He's right

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Akademiks is wack

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Fact of the mtter is.. folks done let that government building fuck they head up.

aint no “we both getting suspended” in adulthood….

need to learn that if he get snatched up by his collar bone in adulthood then that is it

Once again no one watched the video and just responding to click bait titles. In the clip i saw Ak didnt even call all hiphop pioneers broke and dusty. He said when you see some of them do interviews, they be looking broke and dusty and you unsure if they were even pioneers of anything (Im still looking for the video. Everyone dick riding and just reposting LL or anyone else famous trashing Ak, for clicks)And lets be real, that shit is true, but everyone loves piling on the easy targets.

Yall really should be jumping on all these rich niggas that all of a sudden wanna big up the pioneers. If Russ and LL care so much why dont they put together some sorta tour to put money in their pockets.

Edit: Found a link with audio, looks like i was a lil off on what he said.

He said, "Have you seen any of these old rappers that call themselves the foundation of hiphop, living good? Those niggas be looking old and dusty, i kid you not. Everytime its like an old old nigga talking about hip hop, you be like, "Are you sure you invented this shit, cuz everyone else living better than you".

At the underline, LL did do that. He created the Rock the bells festival this summer in Queens. He said that in the video as well.

Last edited:
LL sued the original company that started using that name for their festival. They tried to trademark his shit. He won that lawsuit. Got ownership of the name. This was the first year, I believe, of LL's festival.
Festivals are not easy. I’m trying one now and cotdamn it’s hard like you wouldn’t believe. I got a headsche from just logistical shit. Didn’t even touch the riders and sponsors yet

Festivals are not easy. I’m trying one now and cotdamn it’s hard like you wouldn’t believe. I got a headsche from just logistical shit. Didn’t even touch the riders and sponsors yet
I would think so. A lot pf moving parts. I just heard an interview with one of the founders of rolling loud and he said most festivals dont make a profit in their first 2-3 years. They didnt make a profit their first year. They broke even around year 2 or 3 I think he said.

Back