Welcome To aBlackWeb

DJ Akademiks said the pioneers of Hip Hop are dusty and Broke LL Cool J responds

Your Thoughts On Akademiks Calling The Pioneers "Dusty"

• He's right

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Akademiks is wack

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Mr.LV

OG

DJ Akademiks comment

Last edited:
I agree with what LL said and I’m on his side

But the reason why no one cares about the bank accounts of other cultures except our own is because hip hop culture has ALLOWED the exaggeration of wealth to be the center point OF our music and success

The exaggeration of wealth, sex and/or violence has been the golden ticket for most rappers over the past 25 years….not musical talent alone

I mean...it's true...

Most pioneers in any artform, die dusty and broke.

Especially if that artform comes from an underclass, which Black Americans are.

Hip Hop ain't even been around for 100 years.

Shit, pioneers in any field gonna die dusty and broke 9 times outta 10. Sports, science, art...look at the pioneers, none of them profited off of their achievements.

AK shouldn't have said it flippantly and clowned Hip Hop pioneers...but it's true.

Black people in general shouldn't even clown each other about money. Damn near all of us one bad day away from losing it all lol.

Last edited:
I mean...it's true...

Most pioneers in any artform, die dusty and broke.

Especially if that artform comes from an underclass, which Black people are.

Hip Hop ain't even been around for 100 years.

Shit, pioneers in any field gonna die dusty and broke 9 times outta 10. Sports, science, art...look at the pioneers, none of them profited off of their achievements.

AK shoudn't have said it flippantly and clown Hip Hop pioneers...but it's true.

Black people in general shouldn't even clown each other about money. Damn near all of us one bad day away from losing it all lol.
real shit. look at the pioneers of other genres, blues, rock n roll, even newer genres like edm/house.

People always say that Hip Hop is the only genre where the older generation isn't treated with reverence but maybe that isn't always the worst thing. There are some Rock, Country, Metal old heads that be on clown shit and go unchecked because of their longevity

They both are right and AK comment is why rap is low key a trash culture.

Rap isn't a culture it's an artistic expression of an aspect of our culture. And even then... "rap" encapsulates many different sub-genres some of which are probably trash but some of them saved people's lives just like any inspirational art form. What culture are you from that doesn't include rap?

This describes rappers in general. They all go broke but OGs like L, Jay, Nas, Wu, P, Outkast, Snoop, Cube, Dre, Em and others are the richest. No new school has that type of money. If you don't count Drake or Kendrick no new rappers financially secure. All the ones who have a high networth are older artist. We have to see how it will play out in the future but comments like that serve no purpose and Ak is just trying to be contraversial as usual. L should not have wasted his time with a lame troll

Back