Welcome To aBlackWeb

Disney+ Disney's Mulan

Like I stated earlier in the thread, I've never seen the animated version but the trailer looks good. I will check this out for sure

I still miss the music lol

For those that dont know, this adaptation is based off an epic poem. The animated one was loosely based on it and this one is more true to it, which is why it's so serious.

I still miss the music lol

For those that dont know, this adaptation is based off an epic poem. The animated one was loosely based on it and this one is more true to it, which is why it's so serious.
Word, that Donny Osmond song is my favorite part of the movie

For an additional fee though

so it's $25 on top of whatever folks are paying monthly? Dunno how they can justify that..especially seeing how all the other features they have released without charging extra.

Wont be getting my money that's for damn sure

so it's $25 on top of whatever folks are paying monthly? Dunno how they can justify that..especially seeing how all the other features they have released without charging extra.

That's $25 vs large group/family ticket sales plus repeat viewings and pirating... and the convenience of watching a big budget film debuting in your home?

25 is very reasonable considering how much they're losing

Right I’ll just wait a few months till it’s free on the app

That's $25 vs large group/family ticket sales plus repeat viewings and pirating... and the convenience of watching a big budget film debuting in your home?

25 is very reasonable considering how much they're losing

I guess.... Mandalorian was cost around 100million to make, they released that on Disney+ without a theatre release..
Black is King... im sure that production wasn't cheap at all.... that streamed on Disney+ without a theatrical release
Hamilton... I think they shelled out 75million for that stage production and streamed it on Disney+ without a theatrical release

Google is saying the live action Mulan cost around 200mil. I dunno... seems like Mulan is an obscure title to pick to actually charge people for.. especially with other movies they have produced having larger followings/fanbases

I guess.... Mandalorian was cost around 100million to make, they released that on Disney+ without a theatre release..
Black is King... im sure that production wasn't cheap at all.... that streamed on Disney+ without a theatrical release
Hamilton... I think they shelled out 75million for that stage production and streamed it on Disney+ without a theatrical release

Google is saying the live action Mulan cost around 200mil. I dunno... seems like Mulan is an obscure title to pick to actually charge people for.. especially with other movies they have produced having larger followings/fanbases

I don't mind them charging for something like this (hell it might just be the start of the movie experience for now on), but it should be like 9.99, not 29.99.

A lotta folks gonna be hesitant to spend that $30 for a one time viewing and they damn sure ain't gonna comeback for a 2nd/3rd viewing at that price either.

I don't mind them charging for something like this (hell it might just be the start of the movie experience for now on), but it should be like 9.99, not 29.99.

A lotta folks gonna be hesitant to spend that $30 for a one time viewing and they damn sure ain't gonna comeback for a 2nd/3rd viewing at that price either.

I think once you pay you should be able to watch it as many times as you want.

Seems like a strange business model tho... The point of having a subscription is to have access to everything on that platform. Folks would be pissed if they are already paying for Netflix and they pop outa nowhere asking for another fee to watch a specific movie

If Disney is gonna go with this model they should at least maybe have two different subscription tiers... One, you get all of the TV show exclusives with the subscription and you have to pay for the feature films you want to see.

Another tier that costs more than the tv tier but you dont have to pay extra for the feature films.

That would seem more reasonable than just randomly charging folks for movies

Back