Welcome To aBlackWeb

Did Anybody Notice This About Kendrick Lamar - Damn?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
So I bought the CD last year and I've been playing it on the CD player in the living room. Today I decided to load the CD into my computer. iTunes has two options, the CD or the Collectors Edition.

I clicked Collectors Edition and the songs are in the reverse order. The first song is Duckworth and the last song is Blood, but if you look up the track listing online the first song is Blood and the last song is Duckworth.

So I went to discogs.com and the original CD starts with Blood and ends with Duckworth but when you check the track listing for the vinyl the track listing is backwards like the collectors edition.

Anybody notice this? and are there any other albums like that?

It tells a different story of submitting to your vices and having a dire fate for the collectors edition.

I'm more suprised you bought this album. What's your thoughts OG?

It tells a different story of submitting to your vices and having a dire fate for the collectors edition.

I'm more suprised you bought this album. What's your thoughts OG?

Well I'm not much of a streamer so every once in a while I'll buy some CDs just to keep up.

Last year I made a thread asking what new CDs I should buy. Based on the recommendations of ABW I bought:

1. We Got It From Here - A Tribe Called Quest - 5 mics
2. 4:44 - Jay Z - 5 mics
3. Damn - Kendrick Lamar - 4.5 mics
4. Filthy America - The Lox - 3.5 mics
5. KOD - J Cole - 3.5 mics
6. 4 Eva Is A Mighty Long Time - Big Krit - 3.5 mics
7. Queen - Nicki Minaj - 3 mics

And those are the order of albums I like from best to worst.

Damn is a dope album and the beats are really futuristic, the only problem I have is Kendrick's voice. He's kinda nasal (then again so is Q-Tip but he doesn't hold down the album by himself).

But yeah, Damn is a really, really dope album. It doesn't sound anything like the Hip Hop I grew up on in the late 80s or 90s. It doesn't have that boom bap feel that I like (Wu Tang, Gang Starr, Eric B & Rakim) but it sounds fresh and new, not like the stuff coming out of The South that all sounds the same with the insane amounts of sub-bass, sped up hi hats and autotune.

The South had a good run but I'll be happy when a new sound comes out.

Well I'm not much of a streamer so every once in a while I'll buy some CDs just to keep up.

Last year I made a thread asking what new CDs I should buy. Based on the recommendations of ABW I bought:

Damn is a dope album and the beats are really futuristic, the only problem I have is Kendrick's voice. He's kinda nasal (then again so is Q-Tip but he doesn't hold down the album by himself).

But yeah, Damn is a really, really dope album. It doesn't sound anything like the Hip Hop I grew up on in the late 80s or 90s. It doesn't have that boom bap feel that I like (Wu Tang, Gang Starr, Eric B & Rakim) but it sounds fresh and new, not like the stuff coming out of The South that all sounds the same with the insane amounts of sub-bass, sped up hi hats and autotune.

13F34898-B6FF-4721-81EC-D2CB281B2347.gif

You should put a hit out on whoever told you to buy Queen tho...

Come in the underground. You’ll get better quality and a vast more variety of music. Y’all continue to sleep on the contents we produce in there! I post 90% of my album drops in there

Back