Welcome To aBlackWeb

Desegregation: Black Americans Were Bamboozled

I asked my parents about their lives before segregation what the schools had daily life etc my dad never went to school with whites. Yes our schools ain’t as good as they could be but it ain’t as bad as 70 years ago. Again chi you need to use detail instead of blanket statements. You think the millions of black folks were just wrong or something. And I get it did not come with acceptance but you can’t make people like you. You can try and make sure they treat you fair tho. Y’all think with segregation we would have more Atlanta’s or more Rosewood and Tulsa?
Millions of Blacks Americans were wrong. And that's not a knock to those who fought and died for it either.

The ideology that 'inclusion' meant 'equality' was the poison candy our forebearers ate and we still getting sick from today.

Inclusion shouldn't have been in the table. Desegregation shouldn't have been on the table.

American culture is BLACK culture. And you don't think we would have been better off had we not included white america into it? Yeah....aight

Y’all tripping.

Keeping black folks in one place and second hand amenities would stunt your growth.

Our freedoms was so restricted y’all just don’t understand and when the majority had us right where they wanted us

Y’all tripping.

Keeping black folks in one place and second hand amenities would stunt your growth.

Our freedoms was so restricted y’all just don’t understand and when the majority had us right where they wanted us
Integration happened and we were still in one place and received second hand amenities

The precursor to Jim Crow was separate but equal right? To tear down JC the emphasis was placed to much on the separate and not enough on the equal.

And we STILL fighting that equal fight to this day. And imo desegregation set us back

There's was never going to be a quick fix to the damage enslavement caused. Finding an equal footing in this country was always gonna be a long process that expanded generations and a lot of sacrifices

But desegregation was and should be seen for what it was, a quick fix to alleviate white guilt

There's was never going to be a quick fix to the damage enslavement caused. Finding an equal footing in this country was always gonna be a long process that expanded generations and a lot of sacrifices

But desegregation was and should be seen for what it was, a quick fix to alleviate white guilt
IMO desegregation did nothing to alleviate white guilt cause the majority of white america did not want to intergrate

if anything it increased white rage and led to more legislation and practices to "keep them niggers over there"

Millions of Blacks Americans were wrong. And that's not a knock to those who fought and died for it either.

The ideology that 'inclusion' meant 'equality' was the poison candy our forebearers ate and we still getting sick from today.

Inclusion shouldn't have been in the table. Desegregation shouldn't have been on the table.

American culture is BLACK culture. And you don't think we would have been better off had we not included white america into it? Yeah....aight

See you’re saying inclusion like I’m thinking desegregation was going to end racism yes that was foolish. But if you telling me what we had in 1930 is better than today idk wtf to tell you. My parents certainly didn’t think intervention was gonna make white folks play fair. Have y’all talked to anybody who grew up at that time. Or y’all saying our attitudes as far as blackness would’ve been different. You think the crack epidemic wouldn’t happened or been less than. Because I’m trying to see what was better I the 1930s 40s and 50s

Pull up the quote

You niggas love taking shots at my standing of Kanye, even when it don't apply to the topic at hand

I’ll find when I’m off work. But it was definitely in one of those threads. Kanye mentioned Dems holding slaves like the democrats were the same as today. I’ll find when I get off work tho

Stop comparing your struggles to those of the past.

It’s not the same.

just because it ain’t where it needs to be don’t mean it’s equal.
Who said any of this?!?!

I'm talking about OUR struggles, past and present

integration splintered Black america. Its easy to say “we are better off now then we were then” but for so many Black americans thats simply not the case. Integration widened class divides and made it much harder for those left behind in historically looted areas to climb the ladder.

Growth was not stunted that way.
Black Wall Street and other prominent black areas of the time were the results of segregation.

You do know white folks lived there and did business there too?

My point is being segregated or not wasnt the answer. The answer will always be white folks (actually all non black folks) and their hatred.

until that’s fixed we gon have problems

See you’re saying inclusion like I’m thinking desegregation was going to end racism yes that was foolish. But if you telling me what we had in 1930 is better than today idk wtf to tell you. My parents certainly didn’t think intervention was gonna make white folks play fair. Have y’all talked to anybody who grew up at that time. Or y’all saying our attitudes as far as blackness would’ve been different. You think the crack epidemic wouldn’t happened or been less than. Because I’m trying to see what was better I the 1930s 40s and 50s
Look at this stupid shit.

No one, absolutely NO ONE, said Black Americans lives are worst than they were in the the early 1900's

You and @Dwayne are aware the Civil Rights movement was larger than desegregation right?

Y’all tripping.

The bold underlined word is why I have questions. Why use "had"? I'm asking because that is a past tense word.

You feel we've moved past where they wanted us?

The bold underlined word is why I have questions. Why use "had"? I'm asking because that is a past tense word.

You feel we've moved past where they wanted us?

Made it harder.

A lot of white folks hate came from their parents because they never met black folks.

we moved around and some white folks knew their parents were full of shit.

but still a shit ton of these bastards still on that

Made it harder.

A lot of white folks hate came from their parents because they never met black folks.

we moved around and some white folks knew their parents were full of shit.

but still a shit ton of these bastards still on that

Interesting that you think we've moved past where they wanted us.

Back