Welcome To aBlackWeb

Desegregation: Black Americans Were Bamboozled

Niggas gotta stop saying this. I’m sorry but we were not in any better position when were segregated it a cute Internet phrase but it really ain’t true
I actually agree with the segregation sentiment. And we would have been better off being segregated, but only if white people didn’t fuck with us. Meaning we would have had to live in a non-white vacuum. Which would have never happened in America. Hell history tells us you can barely get that anywhere in the world if you’re prosperous, OPEC countries excluded.

They’d see us prospering and want a piece of the pie and resort to their normal, manipulative, divide and conquer tactics.

It was a mistake because integration never came with acceptance ..and it also undercut us..we cant go backwards but their was no "investment" in the idea of integration..

Spoiler Alert we really dont have wholesale integration especially when we are still doing first.

We are where we are now we cant go backwards but ive always been in the mind that integration without commitment is disintegration

Niggas gotta stop saying this. I’m sorry but we were not in any better position when were segregated it a cute Internet phrase but it really ain’t true
You stupid if you believe this but history can educate you better than I can

Big facts. It was forced.
And it kind had to be but we took the loss collectively cuz they left the neighborhoods.. left the schools and the businesses left and they preyed on us economically as a result starting with housing.. also the impact of international conflicts in tandem with the influx of drugs ensnared many etc etc

And it kind had to be but we took the loss collectively cuz they left the neighborhoods.. left the schools and the businesses left and they preyed on us economically as a result starting with housing.. also the impact of international conflicts in tandem with the influx of drugs ensnared many etc etc
I feel like the Vietnam War was one of the main culprits of gutting the black american family. The draft took so many of our men to that war that never came back...then those that did returned to nothing...no support, no jobs NOTHING. Along with the mental health effect a war that bloody brings...led directly to the heroin epidemic in our community. You was either using to self medicate or selling to survive.

I actually agree with the segregation sentiment. And we would have been better off being segregated, but only if white people didn’t fuck with us. Meaning we would have had to live in a non-white vacuum. Which would have never happened in America. Hell history tells us you can barely get that anywhere in the world if you’re prosperous, OPEC countries excluded.

They’d see us prospering and want a piece of the pie and resort to their normal, manipulative, divide and conquer tactics.

Well being realistic their was never going to be any segregation where whites ain’t fuck with us. I mean we been here too long. Most places are racially segreagated maybe culturally. And facts. I just feel once you live in a country in the west segregation is moving backwards. We had to learn in first person how stupid white folks really are

Desegregation wasn't the problem. I don't even think white misdoings were the problem. After all, they aren't any worse after desegregation than they were before it.

The problem is largely with us IMO. Too many black people thought that the war was won after the Civil Rights Act was passed. Too many black people thought that being able to live around white people was the goal. If black people had continued an consistent and dedicated struggle for equality, and used desegregation to bring money from outside of the black community into the black community rather than moving out of the community, we'd be in a better place.

It think it's a case of winning a battle and then quitting the war.

You stupid if you believe this but history can educate you better than I can

I asked my parents about their lives before segregation what the schools had daily life etc my dad never went to school with whites. Yes our schools ain’t as good as they could be but it ain’t as bad as 70 years ago. Again chi you need to use detail instead of blanket statements. You think the millions of black folks were just wrong or something. And I get it did not come with acceptance but you can’t make people like you. You can try and make sure they treat you fair tho. Y’all think with segregation we would have more Atlanta’s or more Rosewood and Tulsa?

I asked my parents about their lives before segregation what the schools had daily life etc my dad never went to school with whites. Yes our schools ain’t as good as they could be but it ain’t as bad as 70 years ago. Again chi you need to use detail instead of blanket statements. You think the millions of black folks were just wrong or something. And I get it did not come with acceptance but you can’t make people like you. You can try and make sure they treat you fair tho. Y’all think with segregation we would have more Atlanta’s or more Rosewood and Tulsa?

Yeah, I think people lack context.

They look at cops getting off for killing black people today and think it's the same thing. They don't understand that back then in parts of this country, cops wouldn't be charged, get fired, or even be criticized for that. Hell, in a lot of cases cops would be publicly celebrated for wrongfully killing a black person.

Desegregation wasn't the problem. I don't even think white misdoings were the problem. After all, they aren't any worse after desegregation than they were before it.

The problem is largely with us IMO. Too many black people thought that the war was won after the Civil Rights Act was passed. Too many black people thought that being able to live around white people was the goal. If black people had continued an consistent and dedicated struggle for equality, and used desegregation to bring money from outside of the black community into the black community rather than moving out of the community, we'd be in a better place.

It think it's a case of winning a battle and then quitting the war.
Complacency is definitely a factor i always say you can blame them for the conditions but you own your actions

Last edited:
does any of this matter if we love each other no matter where we are in our walk thru life?

Back