Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dealing with Depression......

i typed a whole lot , then i deleted it. but yea, i'm going through a lot.
i also smoke and drink almost daily too.....it's not a band-aid, it's not a crutch, everybody isn't dependent on their vices...

I however am a constant workhorse. I'm always moving. Always on the run, always cooking, cleaning, fixing, driving, calling, picking up, dropping off, getting this, getting that, I do a whole fucking lot....and i talk a lotta shit about it..... but it's a fuckign lot.... and that doesn't address ANY of the shit that i have to deal with for myself...which i don't neglect by the way....i am as aggressive attacking m shit as i am with everybody elses shit i try my best to extend myself for...

but when it's time to chill and relax....i'm gettign fuckign faded....i wanna be loose, and funny, and enjoy myself....

i work damn hard, and i'm so emotionally exhausted sometimes i start making jokes about how much life insurance i got out on myself..

wife hates those jokes,,,

but yea, when it's time to cool off,, let me have my shit and lemme lone

being that she was here a year before you, and actually knowing her...its not hard to believe she actually came up with the idea on her own lol
she was apart of the motivating things we did in our old hood..

so in ya face

thing is some people get high and drunk INSTEAD of dealing with shit.....

i get high and drunk AFTER i deal with that shit.....lol....cant be getting fucked up with shit to do

i will say this depresses me

10806342_10152505412232263_4920812601922348215_n.jpg

and I agree it's a bit selfish, entitled, and whatever....but this picture has shaped a ton about who I am today as a family man and a work horse.

Those 3 dudes in that picture. were my Groomsmen. June 25th, 2011 when i got married to my beautiful wife, I did it with the support system of my brothers. my team.

Them niggaz was the firtst thing to go.
Naldo moved to texas. Still the homie, till got mad love, but it ain't the same. that's where i chilled. that's where i watched the games. that's who i watched the fights with. who i went to all the dumb nerd shit i do like see anime's and kung fu movies, and go to conventions and that shit. do the beerfestivals, all that shit.... that's my homie. i mean sure me and the wife still do a lot of that shit.... but it ain't the same. like most of my friends that i hang out with now, i met them through him. It jsut sucks not having the homie

Mike
That nigga in jail forever.....like what the fuck nigga? i mean the shit was perfect. He married the big sister, i married the little sister. we right there, it's family. their family do shi ALL THE TIME, and i'm at all that shit. I mean my wife's brothers cool, but i'm like 8-9 years older than them niggaz. i don't hang with them like that forreal, they like my little brothers. You is my brother nigga. You supposed to be there right by me the whole time just like you was at the wedding nigga. not in jail. Yea i send you letters. yea i talk to you. btu bruh, your wife, your daughters....they hurting my nigga. I try my best to be there. her little brothers, dj n bry, they try to my nigga...every body try to fill that void nigga.... your girls always gonna know love.... but it's fucked up they can't really get to know you

Black
like nigga...how you just fuckig die bruh? like seriously? niggaz don't get cancer in their 40's. and that shit ain't suppoesed to kill them that fuckign fast either. like we aint' even know what the fuck was happening. and my sister... she ain't good nigga...neither one of them....and you was amazing at taking care at both of them. I don't know how ou did it, cuz i just ain't that nigga. i try my nigga, i promise you i try. I try to reach out to my nephews, my nieces, but they so fuckign grown man. yea they listen to me when i'm there, but i ain't live there like you did....plus i got other shit.....you know how hard this parenting shit is.....my own boy kicking my ass, and you ain't gonna believe the shit with Mike's kid....but fuck it nigga, at least you in a better place unlike mike dumb ass....and i guess san antonio nice... but tat shit aint happening no time soon

i will say this depresses me

10806342_10152505412232263_4920812601922348215_n.jpg

and I agree it's a bit selfish, entitled, and whatever....but this picture has shaped a ton about who I am today as a family man and a work horse.

Those 3 dudes in that picture. were my Groomsmen. June 25th, 2011 when i got married to my beautiful wife, I did it with the support system of my brothers. my team.

Them niggaz was the firtst thing to go.
Naldo moved to texas. Still the homie, till got mad love, but it ain't the same. that's where i chilled. that's where i watched the games. that's who i watched the fights with. who i went to all the dumb nerd shit i do like see anime's and kung fu movies, and go to conventions and that shit. do the beerfestivals, all that shit.... that's my homie. i mean sure me and the wife still do a lot of that shit.... but it ain't the same. like most of my friends that i hang out with now, i met them through him. It jsut sucks not having the homie

Mike
That nigga in jail forever.....like what the fuck nigga? i mean the shit was perfect. He married the big sister, i married the little sister. we right there, it's family. their family do shi ALL THE TIME, and i'm at all that shit. I mean my wife's brothers cool, but i'm like 8-9 years older than them niggaz. i don't hang with them like that forreal, they like my little brothers. You is my brother nigga. You supposed to be there right by me the whole time just like you was at the wedding nigga. not in jail. Yea i send you letters. yea i talk to you. btu bruh, your wife, your daughters....they hurting my nigga. I try my best to be there. her little brothers, dj n bry, they try to my nigga...every body try to fill that void nigga.... your girls always gonna know love.... but it's fucked up they can't really get to know you

Black
like nigga...how you just fuckig die bruh? like seriously? niggaz don't get cancer in their 40's. and that shit ain't suppoesed to kill them that fuckign fast either. like we aint' even know what the fuck was happening. and my sister... she ain't good nigga...neither one of them....and you was amazing at taking care at both of them. I don't know how ou did it, cuz i just ain't that nigga. i try my nigga, i promise you i try. I try to reach out to my nephews, my nieces, but they so fuckign grown man. yea they listen to me when i'm there, but i ain't live there like you did....plus i got other shit.....you know how hard this parenting shit is.....my own boy kicking my ass, and you ain't gonna believe the shit with Mike's kid....but fuck it nigga, at least you in a better place unlike mike dumb ass....and i guess san antonio nice... but tat shit aint happening no time soon
we need a cotdamn button

I'll read through this thread in a second but one piece of advice i can give about depression is make sure you simplify your life. I feel your body is talking to you and if you are depressed something is out of balance. Get back to basics. Healthy diet, positive relationships, positive music/books/people. Take the time to go inward, and don't entertain the negative thoughts.

If it persists to a point you can't handle it, you MUST talk to someone. Depression ain't no joke, but you can't ignore it. Take the time to take care of yourself. That is the best thing you can do. You only have one brain, take care of it. Good luck.

It's not as easy to answer this question without details but there's a common denominator.

First ask yourself if you're trying to deal with your situation or overcome it. There's a difference. Dealing with something means you've accepted it and it will always be apart of you. Overcoming means it was a test in life you went through, got through it and have grown from it.

I only have solutions for the overcoming part.

The first step in overcoming your situation is most definitely not by running from it or distracting yourself with other things. It comes from fully embracing it, feelings and all. And this process works physically and mentally.

Physical Example: It's winter and some of you live where it's cold right now. Step outside without bundling up and instead of bracing for the chill of that cold ass air, fully embrace it and breathe it in. After the initial shock allow your nerves to fully receive what they're feeling. You will notice how almost instantly that feeling turns from "cold" to just a more complete full body awareness of a sensation. The "cold" feeling goes away. I challenge everyone reading this to try this and see for yourself.

When you're in that state of awareness instead of feelings you can more effectively face your problems head on to overcome them. Feelings lie to us sometimes but our feelings are usually the first thing we listen to. Embracing the matter means I gotta be real with myself. It means accountability. Life is a series of cause and effect so what role did I play in all of this? Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control and the fact that it's beyond our control must be embraced as well.

In the state of awareness we see how we got there and what we need to do to get through it but we have to be willing to fully embrace it first. We also have to be willing to apply those solutions even if it's not what we wanted to hear.

And if you have to shed some tears do that too.

Well shit! Since I’m here we can BUMP this shit.

I’ve been battling falling into depression for close to a year now. I wouldn’t necessarily say I’ve been unhappy, because overall I wasn’t, I just really let a situation get to me. Also dealt with two major things that added to that. I’ve managed though and I’m proud. I’m happy I was able to control it and chose to talk it out before I let that shit blow up because I was so close.

Well shit! Since I’m here we can BUMP this shit.

I’ve been battling falling into depression for close to a year now. I wouldn’t necessarily say I’ve been unhappy, because overall I wasn’t, I just really let a situation get to me. Also dealt with two major things that added to that. I’ve managed though and I’m proud. I’m happy I was able to control it and chose to talk it out before I let that shit blow up because I was so close.

was it hard to find people you can trust to talk too?

i know i have a hard ass time trusting people...and the way i explain things most people cant follow. if a person is not attentive they miss key details.

was it hard to find people you can trust to talk too?

i know i have a hard ass time trusting people...and the way i explain things most people cant follow. if a person is not attentive they miss key details.
Nah. I talk to 3 people about deep shit. I trust all of them. In this recent situation, I ain’t tell nobody.

Well, I told my mama. She know now.

Nah. I talk to 3 people about deep shit. I trust all of them. In this recent situation, I ain’t tell nobody.

Well, I told my mama. She know now.
thats cool....i still cant truly find someone to talk to.

i think im going to try one of those 3 week therapy vacations.

this shit is stifling me,

You can’t talk to your wife?
i can.....but she swamped and stressed with work. not trynna bother her too much.
but shes knows something is fucking with me....she asks..but i just dont want to share it with her at the moment.

thats my fault tho

Back