Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dealing with Depression......

Chicity

And the stuff that I write is even tougher than dy
Site Administrator
Anyone here been suffering with self or clinically diagnosed depression?

If so how do you deal with it?

And no offense, I don’t wanna hear about any other janky mental health issues y’all got going on, I’m talking about straight, lawd let me get a new life depression. Not suicidal, I just wanna run away, as far as I can go

I think if its severe enough or has been going on long enough seeking medical attn is prob the best thing (imo without meds)

Otherwise find the source of it if possible (ie struggling financially, difficult circumstances, losing a friend or loved one, failing relationship, long term high stress). If u can establish what area of your life is causing or triggering it or even just makin it worse, find a productive way to deal with it or find a solution.

If its one of those things where u just wake up depressed n dont know why try to learn how to cope with it in a healthy way.

Dont start to avoid everyone close to u, dont pick up bad habits, dont ignore your priorities. Maintain these things and just give yourself a set time of the day to deal with it or vent (again as healthy as possible) ideally after your most important priorities are dealt with then go back to your day.

Its hard to say tho without details but maybe just starting a new hobby, changing up your routine or setting a new goal helps....if youre not sure where its coming from.

Also i know whenever i would go thru something like this being around fam/friends helps a lot when i feel most like i dont wanna deal with anyone period.

Kinda helps to stop focusing on your issues n go back to being yourself.

I think if its severe enough or has been going on long enough seeking medical attn is prob the best thing (imo without meds)

Otherwise find the source of it if possible (ie struggling financially, difficult circumstances, losing a friend or loved one, failing relationship, long term high stress). If u can establish what area of your life is causing or triggering it or even just makin it worse, find a productive way to deal with it or find a solution.

If its one of those things where u just wake up depressed n dont know why try to learn how to cope with it in a healthy way.

Dont start to avoid everyone close to u, dont pick up bad habits, dont ignore your priorities. Maintain these things and just give yourself a set time of the day to deal with it or vent (again as healthy as possible) ideally after your most important priorities are dealt with then go back to your day.

Its hard to say tho without details but maybe just starting a new hobby, changing up your routine or setting a new goal helps....if youre not sure where its coming from.
I'm really trying to get that last paragraph

I’ve been through that shit 2 times. It took my son to help me realize it was time to figure something out.

Talking to my mama really made me snap out of it. 2016 was one hell of a year for me and even though that wasn’t my worst depression, it is the one that helped me get where I am now.

July 21 2016 was the day my happiness came back and I have been guarding that shit like a mf. I’m truly in a happy place. I refuse to let anyone take that from me.

Having someone to talk to openly is helping me. I don’t think I would just slip back into the shit if i didn’t talk to someone everyday. Just knowing there is someone I can call on helps. Life is great right now (even with the shit I’ve experienced in these last few months, hell last few days). Knowing I can vent to someone instead of keeping it in really helps. Having someone you can display all these emotions to. Whether it be happy, mad or sad. I just don’t bottle shit in no more and even if I’m feeling horrible, I smile through it, laugh through it and then vent as needed.

Anyone here been suffering with self or clinically diagnosed depression?

If so how do you deal with it?

And no offense, I don’t wanna hear about any other janky mental health issues y’all got going on, I’m talking about straight, lawd let me get a new life depression. Not suicidal, I just wanna run away, as far as I can go
still gonna see you in court nigga...

but as the the thread topic......

yep.....something hit me hard a while ago...like 3-4 years ago....i just got back to normal recently.....i couldnt sleep, couldnt focus, couldnt work....i hated money because it was the reason all this shit was dropped in my lap and my success was used against me...so i got rid of all my shit cause i felt it was tainted. i went to the DR for a month to reset..then went to the Alps to reset again..

i cut off the people that turned against me and talked slick while i was dealing with the shit. that was just as hurtful since i helped all those people..the prolonged things. seeing niggas turn they back on you.

i am often told i need to forgive...but how can you?

when you are at your lowest the people who you once helped now attack you.

once i got right in the head......i said fuck everybody.

but i had to look at myself and be honest with what my problem was. i corrected the problem and now i aint shit...lol

but this whole thing is crazy because most people dont even know what truly happened...they got a down the line story and ran with it.

i just never felt the need to correct them because you should know me better than that.

I went through it after I had my daughter, given everything I was going through. I lost close to 50 lbs after I had her and only gained 19 while pregnant. That's just how bad it was but when I left her dad that truly helped big time.

Fast forward to last year, I hit a really rough patch at some point and it was just a lot going on. The hardest thing is dealing with it when you have children, you still have to function not only for yourself but for them as well, I'm the one who cares for her day in and day out so I had to focus...can't be sitting moping around all day. It does get better each day, some days are bad but then others are amazing. I just keep pushing forward no matter what. Might see me disappear for days at a time sometimes then pop back up. When I'm feeling like this I personally prefer being to myself for a bit.

Honestly, I think about my daughter. I cry and all when i'm going through it but the crazy thing is, my daughter for her to be so little knows when i'm hurting. She will hug me, wipe my eyes and all. It totally snaps me back into reality.

I went through it after I had my daughter, given everything I was going through. I lost close to 50 lbs after I had her and only gained 19 while pregnant. That's just how bad it was but when I left her dad that truly helped big time.

Fast forward to last year, I hit a really rough patch at some point and it was just a lot going on. The hardest thing is dealing with it when you have children, you still have to function not only for yourself but for them as well, I'm the one who cares for her day in and day out so I had to focus...can't be sitting moping around all day. It does get better each day, some days are bad but then others are amazing. I just keep pushing forward no matter what. Might see me disappear for days at a time sometimes then pop back up. When I'm feeling like this I personally prefer being to myself for a bit.

Honestly, I think about my daughter. I cry and all when i'm going through it but the crazy thing is, my daughter for her to be so little knows when i'm hurting. She will hug me, wipe my eyes and all. It totally snaps me back into reality.

This was me but I ain’t lose 50, I had gained it. I lost it all and SOME and then in 2016, I had gained 20-25. Still working on that but whatever. Food be good af.

Finally cutting that tie from my sons dad was HARD to adjust to. It wasn’t more so the break up, because i was already done. It was the getting used to being alone. I was used to him. Comfortable with him. I had to let all that go.

My son legit is the reason I decided to just talk to my mama because he don’t deserve a mama like that. My son is vocal just like me. So, he let me know what’s up and I was like you’re right.

i know the feeling...thats why i get as far away from people as possible....i get out of cell phone range and everything.

I suffer from mild depression from time to time. I think seeing my mom going through sever depression for most of my life has had a negative affect on me.

So when im down I try to focus on the good and the good only. I read somewhere that at the end of every day focus on 3 good things that have happened in that day. Sometimes it's hard to find them but they are there, something as simple as having a good lunch or being able to drink clean water when we want. It kinda pulls me outta the funk.
I try not to wallow in it and force myself to work through the issues. Meditation also helps me a ton.

I was going to say something but I was thinking everybody handles their shit differently.

Dating a depressed person is hard. That gray cloud will get you and it got me.

This was me but I ain’t lose 50, I had gained it. I lost it all and SOME and then in 2016, I had gained 20-25. Still working on that but whatever. Food be good af.

Finally cutting that tie from my sons dad was HARD to adjust to. It wasn’t more so the break up, because i was already done. It was the getting used to being alone. I was used to him. Comfortable with him. I had to let all that go.

My son legit is the reason I decided to just talk to my mama because he don’t deserve a mama like that. My son is vocal just like me. So, he let me know what’s up and I was like you’re right.

Kandy, girl I gained weight since I been back home lmfao. Got back in November and I was like OH OK, food just ain't do my body right...that shit is just too good. Aside from that, depression hit me hard ending last year.

I went through the same thing with her dad, it's crazy though because had it been anyone else I would've been said eff him. He's evil as hell honestly and our daughter looks just like him. I wasn't ready mentally and emotionally to leave but she gave me that motivation to get the hell away from him.

I'm dealing with depression right now but I'm keeping myself super busy. That demon had the nerve to tell me "I'm here for you if you ever need to talk".
No, I'm alright Satan let's keep focus on our child.

Kandy, girl I gained weight since I been back home lmfao. Got back in November and I was like OH OK, food just ain't do my body right...that shit is just too good. Aside from that, depression hit me hard ending last year.

I went through the same thing with her dad, it's crazy though because had it been anyone else I would've been said eff him. He's evil as hell honestly and our daughter looks just like him. I wasn't ready mentally and emotionally to leave but she gave me that motivation to get the hell away from him.

I'm dealing with depression right now but I'm keeping myself super busy. That demon had the nerve to tell me "I'm here for you if you ever need to talk".
No, I'm alright Satan let's keep focus on our child.
Mine won’t even look at me. We will talk on the phone or through text about our boy, no problem. When it comes to seeing me in person, that nigga ain’t with it. I told him we could be friends, that nigga said he good on that.

we communicate well and that’s all that matters but that shit took damn near two years in the making.

Back