Welcome To aBlackWeb

De La Soul Still Gettin Raped By Their Label

Still, Heller didn’t dispute that, when Cube left N.W.A in 1989, he wasn’t exactly living like a rap star. In fact, he was still living with his parents in South Central Los Angeles—doing the dishes and everything. This despite the fact that he was a performer and songwriter on both N.W.A’s debut Straight Outta Compton and Eazy-E’s Eazy- Duz-It, both released in 1988, and which would sell more than five million albums combined. By the middle of 1989 Cube had received $32,700 in album royalties, and a bit less than that amount for performing on N.W.A’s first national tour.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/benwesthoff/2016/09/07/jerry-heller-nwa/#35aab5c15176

They had Eazy getting the majority of money but cube and Dre doing the work

Cube barely got paid shit for writing 2 albums they did almost 5 million

that shit don't add up so when it was time to sign again cube wasn't feeling the terms.

Nah, Cube, Ren, and The DOC was doing the writing with Dre, Arabian Prince, AND Yella on production. Believe it or not, Yella did production on seven of the songs on Straight Outta Compton whereas Dre and Arabian Prince only worked on five of them each.

Ren wrote the majority of Eazy Duz It. Cube only wrote on 3 tracks and the DOC wrote on two of which Ren co-wrote on. The rest was all Ren. Yella and Dre co-produced pretty much that whole album.

It was never a case of Cube and Dre doing the lion's share of the work on those two albums even though they both get the bulk of the credit for it.

Nah, Cube, Ren, and The DOC was doing the writing with Dre, Arabian Prince, AND Yella on production. Believe it or not, Yella did production on seven of the songs on Straight Outta Compton whereas Dre and Arabian Prince only worked on five of them each.

Ren wrote the majority of Eazy Duz It. Cube only wrote on 3 tracks and the DOC wrote on two of which Ren co-wrote on. The rest was all Ren. Yella and Dre co-produced pretty much that whole album.

It was never a case of Cube and Dre doing the lion's share of the work on those two albums even though they both get the bulk of the credit for it.

Not according to the article I posted.Cube wrote half of the debut NWA and some of eazy's.I thought he wrote half but he wrote 3 songs and 1 was a single for Easy

Cube wrote on every single that dropped from Straight Outta Compton.Dopeman,the title track,Express Yourself,Gangsta gangsta,fuck the police.then he wrote on 4 other songs .Out of 13 he wrote or helped write 8

writing 1 single can change your life with the write paperwork.he wrote 4

Not according to the article I posted.Cube wrote half of the debut NWA and some of eazy's.I thought he wrote half but he wrote 3 songs and 1 was a single for Easy

On Eazy Duz It, Cube wrote "No More ?'s", "Eazy-Chapter 8 Verse 10", and obviously "Boyz n the Hood" 'cause that's a carryover track from NWA and the Posse.

The DOC wrote "Still Talkin" and Dre's part on "We Want Eazy"

Ren wrote the rest of the album and wrote Eazy's part on "We Want Eazy"

On Straight Outta Compton Cube, Ren, and The DOC co-wrote "Straight Outta Compton", "Fuck tha Police", "Gangsta Gangsta", and "Parental Discretion Iz Advised" (with the DOC getting two credits for his verse and Dre's verse).

Cube wrote "8 Ball" (another carryover from NWA and the Posse), "Express Yourself" (however the radio/video remix adds MC Ren as a writer for his own verse), "I Ain't tha 1", and "Dopeman" (the third carryover from NWA and the Posse)

Ren wrote "If It Ain't Ruff", "Something Like That", and "Quiet On tha Set"

Arabian Prince wrote everybody's parts for "Something 2 Dance 2".

So, in all honesty Cube only wrote two new songs by himself for Straight Outta Compton. The remaining two songs, Dopeman ad 8 Ball, had already been released twice before this album: Once as singles and again on the NWA and the Posse album. MC Ren truthfully deserves more credit as a writer for NWA 'cause he wrote more new material for Straight Outta Compton over Cube by one song and he was the primary writer on Eazy Duz It.

Nwa & the Posse came out after Straight Outta Compton.

It was an old photo for the cover with throwaway tracks.

8m16.gif

Nwa & the Posse came out after Straight Outta Compton.

It was an old photo for the cover with throwaway tracks.

NWA and The Posse came out first. It was re-released after the success of Straight Outta Compton. I copped it in the 10th grade in '87 right after Thanksgiving. Straight Outta Compton came out right before school started in the 11th grade. I copped that the day it came out with one of my Hardee's paychecks right before we went back to school.

The re-release of NWA and the Posse replaced one of the songs with "A Bitch is a Bitch" and added a splash on the cover about it.

I still have the original pressing of NWA and the Posse.

100_3388.JPG

NWA and The Posse came out first. It was re-released after the success of Straight Outta Compton. I copped it in the 10th grade in '87 right after Thanksgiving. Straight Outta Compton came out right before school started in the 11th grade. I copped that the day it came out with one of my Hardee's paychecks right before we went back to school.

The re-release of NWA and the Posse replaced one of the songs with "A Bitch is a Bitch" and added a splash on the cover about it.

I still have the original pressing of NWA and the Posse.

View attachment 117640

I think you're wrong, but I don't have time to explain.

I'll be back

Fuck De La Soul. There is no excuse for these grown ass men to still be getting fucked this hard for this long. Soulja Boy came in the game at like 15 and he had more business knowledge and savvy then than these stupid grown mithafuckas have now.

At some point it stops being the pimps fault that you choose to be a hoe.

Just because they didnt know and allowed themselves to be taken advantage of doesnt mean shit isnt wrong. Motherfuckers make mistakes and then get it corrected all the time.

De La deserves to get more money regardless of what the current contract says. 10% to be split amongst the group for music they created shouldnt have been legal in the first place.

Hopefully this picks up more traction and forces Tommy Boy to have to renegotiate.

Fuck De La Soul. There is no excuse for these grown ass men to still be getting fucked this hard for this long. Soulja Boy came in the game at like 15 and he had more business knowledge and savvy then than these stupid grown mithafuckas have now.

At some point it stops being the pimps fault that you choose to be a hoe.

“Look At De La Soul Niggas Looking Old Like Larry Holmes Fabby & Sick Trying to Playa Hate On Shit” -2Pac “Against All Odds” 1996

upload_2019-3-12_13-31-50.gif

TOMMY BOY RECORDS RESPONDS TO BOYCOTT, DELAYS DE LA SOUL’S DIGITAL RELEASE

The legendary record label Tommy Boy Records wants to clear its name by responding to the boycotts by Hip Hop icons such as Nas, Questlove and of course, De La Soul, who alleges that the record company with the B-boy logo robbed the trio of millions over the course of three decades.

According to a statement made to Variety Magazine, the label has decided to postpone the release of De La’s catalog amid the recent allegations.

“Because Tommy Boy has not had the opportunity to sit down together with De La Soul and finalize our negotiations — something we’ve wanted to do for months — we have decided to postpone the digital release of their catalog scheduled for tomorrow,” the statement reads. “We know fans are eager to hear these amazing recordings and we are hopeful for a quick resolution.”

Artists such as Nas and Questlove immediately jumped to the defense of the 3Ft. High and Risingtrio.

http://thesource.com/2019/03/01/tom...o-boycott-delays-de-la-souls-digital-release/

So who in this thread is coppin this beautiful piece of wax beides me?

https://app.vinylmeplease.com/essen...t9HNXTr1R03UnvQR623efImIX4AptHgJCLsRaZw8QeUDA

EDIT: goddamn it's sold out already. I was waiting to see if it was sanctioned by the group and I just found out it was and they'll get paid properly for it since it's not digital but womp womp. I guess the people who don'tt give a fuck if the group gets paid win and I lose.

The funny part is I already have this joint on vinyl from the first pressing (yeah I'm old) but I wanted to give them that extra support. Plus that pressing looks nice as hell. Too bad it's gonna turn yellow in like 3 years.

Get a lawyer and read the contract. If it dont look good dont fucking sign it. If you sign some shit w/o knowing or understanding what's in it it's your fucking fault.

Smh at 3 grown ass men still being be hoed like a 15 year old foreign sex slave. Foh with that helpless ass bullshit. They knew how to read and if they didnt they should have hired someone that did.

Last edited:
Here's Arabian Prince talking about the NWA & The Posse album

He mentions it @ 2:30

I finally listened to this.

... NWA and the Posse still came out before Straight Outta Compton and it was re-released after Straight Outta Compton with "A Bitch iz a Bitch" slapped on it. Nothing Arabian Prince said disputes that.

Interestingly enough, I'mma hafta go look at my copy (all my records are in storage) 'cause I may actually have the original EP on vinyl, My sister is storing all of my cassettes and the NWA and the Posse tape is with her.

Back