Welcome To aBlackWeb

DC's Swamp Thing

why they keep fucking doing this shit!??!?!?!

79ua.gif

DC Universe has reportedly cancelled Swamp Thingafter only one episode into its first season, as first reported by The GWW and confirmed by Bloody Disgusting and Variety.

One source said the reason is due to differing creative styles between multiple people involved, with one person wanting the show to connect more in the horror genre, and another wanting a "weekly procedural." The source also said its due to Warner Bros. reevaluating their subscription streaming service.

In April, sources reported that Swamp Thing was going to shut downproduction after episode 10 was completed – down from the original 13-episode order.

Virginia Madsen, who plays Maria Sunderland in the series had also posted on Instagram about the shut down, which was quickly removed, saying: "I'm beyond sad. What a terrible decision. We have been cut to the core by those who have never set foot into the Swamp. And despite the rule I am going to use the hashtag. #swampthing."

Swamp Thing is a live-action TV series created for DC Universe's streaming service and stars Andy Bean as Alec Holland, Derek Mears as Swamp Thing, and Crystal Reed as Abby Arcane.

Titans, Doom Patrol, and Stargirl are other shows created for DC Universe's streaming service.

For more on Swamp Thing, check out our review where we gave the show an 8.2 saying, "Swamp Thing is a terrifying Southern Gothic horror series with dynamic characters and great world building." Additionally, here's every TV show that's canceled or ending in 2019 so far.

Also read about what Swamp Thing is and his origin from the comics, along with the surprising sensuality of the show itself.

wait, they didnt film the entire season prior to airing the pilot??

tf??

Hold up. So they not even releasing any more episodes? All we get is the pilot and that's it?

I thought they had filmed 10 episodes and the cancellation meant there would be no season 2.

Utter shit show. First episode was good but now I don't even want to get invested

This is the shit that really frustrates me with theses studios.. WB, FOX and Sony all included.

You got these execs that make COLOSSAL FUCK UPS...which often lose a shitload of money, but they are given chance after chance after chance and they CONTINUE to fuck things up and they continue to disappoint the fans with no fucks given

Last edited:
Back