Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie tried to be Deadpool but it wasn't even close. Black Mask was a better Joker than Joker in all the Batman movies. Harley story telling was ass if you took out her telling the story and letting it just play out this would've been 10x better.

Ewan McGregor would kill it as Joker. Black Mask isn't a comedic character he's a legit nut job mafia boss who kills without question. They had him in there with gay undertones and almost comedic

3/5 is my rating

This. Right. Here.

The gay undertone shit to Black Mask/Zsazz was unnecessary, but once again Ewan McGregor turns shit into gold. I was riding with the movie because I was like, "Well, if they throw him enough money and he comes back, that'll be worth..." They literally blew his ass up before I finished the thought. The ladies all did the damn thing, but the story and all of it fell right in the middle of the road.

It's a cool movie, but this rating is spot on.

DC's film division needs help. Movie would've worked infinitely better in a different city. Gotham in daylight might as well have been Suicide Slums in Metropolis. You have waaaaaaaaay too much iconic history to suspend disbelief watching that much chaos with that many major players supposedly go on in Gotham without one Batman mention.

"She blows up a chemical plant. No Batman. There's a massive shootout with explosions and all this shit. No Batman. No Joker."

Even if she broke up with the Joker and that's the plot device, take the show on the road to take the two big elephants out of the room. You can't emancipate the character by chaining her to Gotham and then erasing the two alphas of the city. At least Joker got name play, the Bat straight pussy in the street. One in narrative, "We need to wrap this up before the Bat gets wind" would've done wonders.

This. Right. Here.

The gay undertone shit to Black Mask/Zsazz was unnecessary, but once again Ewan McGregor turns shit into gold. I was riding with the movie because I was like, "Well, if they throw him enough money and he comes back, that'll be worth..." They literally blew his ass up before I finished the thought. The ladies all did the damn thing, but the story and all of it fell right in the middle of the road.

It's a cool movie, but this rating is spot on.

DC's film division needs help. Movie would've worked infinitely better in a different city. Gotham in daylight might as well have been Suicide Slums in Metropolis. You have waaaaaaaaay too much iconic history to suspend disbelief watching that much chaos with that many major players supposedly go on in Gotham without one Batman mention.

"She blows up a chemical plant. No Batman. There's a massive shootout with explosions and all this shit. No Batman. No Joker."

Even if she broke up with the Joker and that's the plot device, take the show on the road to take the two big elephants out of the room. You can't emancipate the character by chaining her to Gotham and then erasing the two alphas of the city. At least Joker got name play, the Bat straight pussy in the street. One in narrative, "We need to wrap this up before the Bat gets wind" would've done wonders.
Yeah, in her comic book, she moved to either Brooklyn or Coney island. This was her after leaving the joker for good. She started up her own gang. Did the roller skating thing.

That's the epitome of nit picking

Y'all finding a million reasons not to like a movie and all the shit y'all pointing really ain't that big of a deal...

Gotham the number one crime city in Gotham.... In order for criminals to have reps, clearly Batman don't stop everything...

And even in the comics joker takes huge breaks either due to jail or other shit, sometimes just laying low....

Like how is the city a major gripe...??

Shits just stupid at this point...

The acting was good
The actresses were good
The villain was entertaining
The fights were good

But the setting.... Gotham in the day time.... That's why I can't fuck with it....

DC comics needs to have a meeting cuz they can't be shooting daytime Gotham moves movies.

Or try can't do shit in gotham cuz if Batman don't show up we can't take it seriously.....

:Pathetic:

I bet this shit starts to lose steam this weekend and shit gets yanked from theaters by the end of the month or first week of March.

Just finished watching and I liked it better than Auquaman.. the CGI in Auquaman wasn't doing it for me like it was for most folks. My favorite part of Auquaman was when they were fighting in the village off the coast. I loved that part of the movie.

This movie was solid. Robie has made this character hers and does a great job headlining the film. The fight choreography was decent but not even close to The Winter Soldier. I did like how varied the fights were though. The stunt women in this did really well.

Last edited:

Y'all finding a million reasons not to like a movie and all the shit y'all pointing really ain't that big of a deal...

Gotham the number one crime city in Gotham.... In order for criminals to have reps, clearly Batman don't stop everything...

And even in the comics joker takes huge breaks either due to jail or other shit, sometimes just laying low....

The acting was good
The actresses were good
The fights were good

But the setting.... Gotham in the day time.... That's why I can't fuck with it....

DC comics needs to have a meeting cuz they can't be shooting daytime Gotham moves movies.

Or try can't do shit in gotham cuz if Batman don't show up we can't take it seriously.....

A bright and sunny day in Gotham was one of my gripes as well. Lol even in the old Batman cartoons when the sun was out it was still gloomy

Movie tried to be Deadpool but it wasn't even close. Black Mask was a better Joker than Joker in all the Batman movies. Harley story telling was ass if you took out her telling the story and letting it just play out this would've been 10x better.

Ewan McGregor would kill it as Joker. Black Mask isn't a comedic character he's a legit nut job mafia boss who kills without question. They had him in there with gay undertones and almost comedic

3/5 is my rating

I didn't mind Harley telling the story but I agree about it trying to be like Deadpool and them making Victor Zasz and Black Mask out to be kinda lame. But I guess they can kinda say the reason they are like that is because that's the way Harley portrayed them in her mind.......

It was still hella lame if that's the reasoning though.

This why I be tripping...

How y'all mad about these changes and still be on some Michelle Pfifer was the best Catwoman ever...

The chick had super zombie powers activated by cat spit.... Shit was bonkers...

But sure let's complain about black mask and zasz...

The acting was good
The actresses were good
The fights were good

It's not nitpicking if you understand proper storytelling. You can tell a good story and that's what happened. They missed an opportunity to tell a great one because they wanted to dickride names and not pay homage to the source material. "Oh, shit! Let's name the pickpocket Cassandra Cain! Make her Asian! Let's ignore all the history though!" Why use the name then? Cheap heat. You read IMDB and see the name as a comic fan and it's OK, how is her history going to be adapted. Bait and switch. "Oh, this is Harley's movie! She's going hard in Gotham! Let's use two locations and ignore nearly 100 years of history." Why use the location? All of these things count if you want to tell a better story.

But nope. Let's go all girl power and pretend Harley exists in a microcosm. Nah, bruh, we can agree it's a good movie but move around acting like it's somehow above critique. Constructive criticism. You did a good job here, here, and here, but this part is ass and can be improved upon next time.

I said dude's rating of 3/5 was straight facts because the movie was 60 percent good. The 40 percent trash was trash tho, and part of the trash is the irony of them chaining a supposedly emancipated character to a city where two of comics' most iconic names cast shadows miles fucking long--and I'm not even a Batman or Joker fan like that. They got credit for what they earned credit for, but, again, constructive criticism: the shit could've been better. Ewan killed it. The ladies did their part. Still wasn't perfect. :ualreadyknow:

Just finished watching and I liked it better than Auquaman.. the CGI in Auquaman wasn't doing it for me like it was for most folks. My favorite part of Auquaman was when they were fighting in the village off the coast. I loved that part of the movie.

This movie was solid. Robie has made this character hers and does a great job headlining the film. The fight choreography was decent but not even close to The Winter Soldier. I did like how varied the fights were though. The sunt women in this did really well.
How you not know how to spell Aquaman lol

You know, I also says several times in this thread I wanted them to do a proper Cassandra Cain... And they gave us this version.... Yet the kid was still entertaining..... Which is why I can forgive the change.

You know I had this entire gripe about the joker movie.... They marketed it as joker, and changed who joker was....

But this movie didn't change who Harley was... They did change other charters BB to fit Harley's world.... But as many people said, she's not a reliable narrator. And she's also a psychiatrist.... So she sees people and things much different than the rest of the world....

I dunno..I just feel like y'all finding reasons to not like a good movie...

60% is still low...a movie doesn't have to be perfect.... But it's at the least an 85

The changes to source material may be noticeable to die hard fans.... But you would have to point them out to people who don't know cuz otherwise it's a good movie....

serious.gif

You definitely ain't the person that should be making statements like this.

Shit was good, it'll stand the test of time... So I'm not worried.

This gonna be that movie that people revisit and appreciate down the road... Then make a whole new list of reasons why it didn't do good when it came out

Shit was done well, and y'all know it. No reason to keep entertaining the lies if why niggaz don't like it

This why I be tripping...

How y'all mad about these changes and still be on some Michelle Pfifer was the best Catwoman ever...

The chick had super zombie powers activated by cat spit.... Shit was bonkers...

But sure let's complain about black mask and zasz...
I mean when you put it like that that is dumb as fuck and ridiculous but she is still the best Catwoman tho...

Shit was good, it'll stand the test of time... So I'm not worried.

This gonna be that movie that people revisit and appreciate down the road... Then make a whole new list of reasons why it didn't do good when it came out

Shit was done well, and y'all know it. No reason to keep entertaining the lies if why niggaz don't like it

It's barely standing at the Box office now... :hahaha:

Just like now, 3-4 years down the road ain't nobody gonna give a shit about this movie.

I mean when you put it like that that is dumb as fuck and ridiculous but she is still the best Catwoman tho...
Cuz at the end of the day performances matter...

She did great with the role... But the portrayal was a horrid mutilation of Selina Kyle...

And if we can excuse that perversion of a character for a good performance

If we can praise the perversion of Joker for Joaquin and his Oscar performance...

We can excuse the characters in Harley Quinn considering if you don't know who they are previously... They are entertaining.

It's barely standing at the Box office now... :hahaha:

Just like now, 3-4 years down the road ain't nobody gonna give a shit about this movie.
considering how much we gonna keep seeing if this Harley we gonna definitely still be talking about what is the best Harley movie in 3-4 years

considering how much we gonna keep seeing if this Harley we gonna definitely still be talking about what is the best Harley movie in 3-4 years

This DC. In 3-4 years she'll be done w/ the character just like Affleck and Cavill.

They'll find a way to fuck it up

Back