Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO DC's Batgirl (SHELVED)

I ain't mad. This discovery /warner merger is the best thing to happen to DC. They just cleaning house and doing a little quality control. From what I heard over on bgol is that the test screening didn't do too well and it looked cheap. Also with joss whedon in charge, can you blame them? Not one bit especially after that justice league fiasco. DC seems to be in good hands they got rid of those interfering executive who made bad decisions like greenliting bvs. Their being more careful making sure not to release garbage like ww84.

I think this has something to do with Titans.
And I'm really hoping this session of Titans has it together.

I know it's tough to use Harley Quinn as the bar because it's just a superior animated show.... But as the first DC streaming service original to come to HBO max.... It's pretty good on HBO max

Titans and Doom patrol haven't debut on HBO max all their seasons were from the DC app if I recall correctly.

If their shows recy an upgrade... It could be a good thing 🤷🏿‍♂️

I'm just trying to be optimistic

So all of the money they spent on costumes,sets,actually filming high cost action sequences and it will NEVER be released?!? Ouch big time FAIL !!

This article has more insight on what's going on behind this...

Much of the decision came down to the following: Warner Bros Discovery boss David Zaslav rejecting of Kilar’s strategy to lean heavily into building streaming subscriptions for HBO Max. That was punctuated by his Project Popcorn initiative that put the entire 2021 theatrical slate — including Dune, Godzilla Vs Kong, King Richard, Matrix 4 — day and date in theaters and on HBO Max when theater attendance was sparse during the pandemic. Even after he was shown the door, Kilar continued to call the strategy a win. Many did not agree, particularly after Top Gun: Maverick waited and grossed north of $1.3 billion. It’s a decidedly different world from when Kilar made the move. Wall Street is no longer impressed by subscriber numbers as much as profits, as seen by the precipitous decline of Netflix’s stock value.

Hope it's not true, but rumor's going around that..........since Discovery bought Warner Bros............there's a possibility that they could be getting rid of HBOMax altogether.

Hard to see it in this day and age when there are so many streaming services, but...........I'm thinking they might not be making as much money as other streaming services because anyone with HBO gets HBOMax for free.

At least that's how it is with Comcast.

Would hate to see it go away since all the DC animated movies eventually end up there.

Back