Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO DC's Batgirl (SHELVED)

....You don't know Batgirl?
i worded it poorly

my point is, up to this point in whatever tf they are doing with their franchise, have we heard her named mentioned? Im asking a serious question cause nothing is popping out at the top of my head but you cant just role her out in a solo movie like this

Think Captain Marvel...you had the reference to her in Infinity Wars in the end credit scene, solo movie to introduce her, then a featured cameo in Endgame.

i worded it poorly

my point is, up to this point in whatever tf they are doing with their franchise, have we heard her named mentioned? Im asking a serious question cause nothing is popping out at the top of my head but you cant just role her out in a solo movie like this

Think Captain Marvel...you had the reference to her in Infinity Wars in the end credit scene, solo movie to introduce her, then a featured cameo in Endgame.

Marvel's best move was getting their universe up first. Now everything gets compared to that kinda like how every crossover/"Invasion" angle in wrestling gets compared to the one back in 2001. It's also the reason why DC tried to hotshot their universe with Justice League instead of building it up.

And there we have it. Who doesn't know Batgirl? Why do they NEED to reference or cameo her before giving her, her own movie?
Batgirl is like a tier or two below The trinity in terms of status. We know who Barbara Gordon is. Maybe Batwoman since that's a ewer character...but Batgirl...Barbara Gordon? Not necessary at all.

And there we have it. Who doesn't know Batgirl? Why do they NEED to reference or cameo her before giving her, her own movie?
Batgirl is like a tier or two below The trinity in terms of status. We know who Barbara Gordon is. Maybe Batwoman since that's a ewer character...but Batgirl...Barbara Gordon? Not necessary at all.
yes Shenco, WE in this thread do, but WE arent the target audience.

i worded it poorly

what if she’s mentioned in The Batman? Who knows...

Why does everything have to be connected to some larger universe though?

Majority of the audience don't need Batgirl referenced in Justice League or Suicide Squad for them to know or be introduced to the character.

Are they fully committing to the elseworlds shit then?

Reserving judgement but my hopes arent high.

That's cold
But it could set her up to be Oracle in the next Birds of Prey movie
cold,..... but the best possible ending to a dope ass batgirl movie

like imagine if this movie is 3.5/5 stars and the end credits is her getting shot in the spine.....

audience losing their shit, anticipation for the killing joke would be higher than they prolly can manage.....

it's too bold.... but it would be perfect

Back