Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official DCU Thread

I could have sworn i saw one created, but might as well use this.

Justice League for me was mediocre. Ive always been a DC fan and argued all the time for the DCEU, but i had a feeling as soon as Snyder dropped out that something was up. As far as the movie, i liked it, but there was a lot i didnt like. It felt chopped up and you could pretty much tell what Snyder filmed and what Whedon filmed. It was a horrible decision from WB to not push the film back. Didnt like the forced humor in it either. With flash, it was understandable because hes a funny character (even though i didnt laugh too much at what he said and did) but when they did it to Batman it didnt feel right at all.

With that being said, there was a lot i did like. I loved a lot of the fight scenes. Wonder Woman was dope and Gal Gadot seems to have grown as an actress. She really does a good job as WW and i'm pleasantly surprised by it as i never found her that amazing of an actress. My favorite part was when she was explaining the history of the mother boxes and you got to see flashbacks of steppenwolfs first visit to earth.

People are saying WB might shut the DCEU down, but theres way too much money potential for them to do that. My theory is that hopefully they will learn from their mistakes from Justice League and take better care of these films and put more trust in their directors. They should have learned after Suicide Squad, but that ended up being a major success. Justice League should have been an easy billion dollar movie, but I think its ended its run with less than 700 million.

Excited for Aquaman to come out, but what they did decide to keep in Justice League for aquaman i didnt care for too much. I think James Wan will do a great job with the character though. Also hoping Flashpoint will do a minor reboot of the Universe. Maybe change Aquaman, If affleck wants to leave (hope he doesnt) then let that be his exit and bring in a younger batman that we can keep around for awhile.

Justice League would have been better if Steppenwolf resurrected Superman himself to do his bidding. Imagine seeing Supes travel to wherever Wonder Woman is from and taking out the Amazons, collecting all the mother boxes. That would have been a better film.

Is this created yet? Surprised no one has.

Anyway. I don't understand the hate for Justice League. The fight scenes were dope and Steppenwolf had some quotables.
Dope film, hopefully that scene with Darkseid ends up on YouTube soon.
they said this on Terrarium...i'ma give it a go this weekend and report back

Watched JL again twice today on Terrarium and I don't get the hate either. That fight scene when the league first encounters Steppenwolf is stupid dope. And the fight with Superman is off the chain. Final fight is good too.

And they did a great job pulling in each character without separate films but giving hints that will be uncovered in their solos. Each character is perfectly cast.

I could nitpick CGI, plot holes, etc., but when I watch it I'm truly entertained, and isn't that all that matters?

Rumormill is going saying that Cavill and Affleck are up for re negotiations for their contracts. We should hear more by the end of this month/next month. Rumors are saying that WB is offering Affleck Jon Bergs old position.

Jon Berg was co executive producer with Comicbook writer Geoff Johns. Jon Berg was not a big comic guy and talked his way out to start another division within WB for a different franchise of films. They are saying that Geoff Johns will be seen as a story advisory type role for Executive Producer for all films DC Related, and they are offering Affleck Jon Bergs open position to be more of the film maker type of producer overseeing all the DC Films.

Would be pretty cool if true. Expect some news to come later.

I think the meh opinions on this movie is because people are jaded by superhero films at this point. We have had almost twenty years of superhero movies in the modern era since xmen. Only rarely have I felt a high or a rush after coming out the theatre. The flicks that gave me a high were tdk, iron man, spiderman2, civil war gotg 2 wonder woman. Now just because I didn't get a rush doesn't mean these movies went good films. I didn't see avengers in the theatre, I saw it on YouTube for free while it was in the theatres and high def quality too. That movie gave me a rush also.

Warner Bros. Appoints New Head of DC Films

dc-films-warner-bros-walter-hamada-1071735.jpeg

Warner Bros. has tapped Walter Hamada to be president of production of DC Films, essentially overseeing the studio's comic book movies, Varietyreports in a new exclusive.

Hamada previously served as a production executive at New Line films, helping that division of WB produce horror hits like IT and The Conjuring. Naturally Hamada has ties to Aquaman and Conjuring director James Wan, helping to expand the Conjuring brand into a successful franchise universe of hits like the Annabelle series. He also worked for TriStar and Columbia Pictures earlier in his career.

As for how this will affect the current roster over at DC Films:

• Former DC Films heads Jon Berg and Geoff Johns have been shifted. Berg is working as a production partner for Roy Lee (IT, LEGO Movie); Johns will still be with DC Films, in an "advisory role."
  • Harry Potter franchise alum Courtenay Valenti will continue on in her recent appointment as president of production.
  • Diane Nelson will continue as DC Entertainment chief.
  • Hamada will fully break with New Line, and will also oversee any Warner Bros. comic book movies outside of the DC canon.

Justice League is now finishing its run in theaters. The film will be followed in the DC Extended Universe by Aquaman on December 21, 2018, Wonder Woman 2 on November 1, 2019, Shazam on April 5, 2019, Cyborg in 2020, and Green Lantern Corps in 2020.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/04/warner-bros-dc-films-walter-hamada/

Why even announce shit like this?

No one cares at this point. They're going to keep shuffling the deck and dropping cards all over the floor. Just shut the fuck up and let the directors direct.

I never found anything wrong with JL movie outside of the movie being a little short. I don't understand the hate that JL receive but I would like to see an extended version of the movie like they did with BvS which I thought was good as well.

So far the best movies of the DCCU:

Wonder Woman
Man of Steel
Justice League

The only movie I really didn't care for was Suicide Squad which was ass to me. Now if WB/DC can scrap all these prequel movies that they had planned like "Gotham City Sirens" and tighten up plot holes in their movies then I'm all good.

I could have sworn i saw one created, but might as well use this.

Justice League for me was mediocre. Ive always been a DC fan and argued all the time for the DCEU, but i had a feeling as soon as Snyder dropped out that something was up. As far as the movie, i liked it, but there was a lot i didnt like. It felt chopped up and you could pretty much tell what Snyder filmed and what Whedon filmed. It was a horrible decision from WB to not push the film back. Didnt like the forced humor in it either. With flash, it was understandable because hes a funny character (even though i didnt laugh too much at what he said and did) but when they did it to Batman it didnt feel right at all.

With that being said, there was a lot i did like. I loved a lot of the fight scenes. Wonder Woman was dope and Gal Gadot seems to have grown as an actress. She really does a good job as WW and i'm pleasantly surprised by it as i never found her that amazing of an actress. My favorite part was when she was explaining the history of the mother boxes and you got to see flashbacks of steppenwolfs first visit to earth.

People are saying WB might shut the DCEU down, but theres way too much money potential for them to do that. My theory is that hopefully they will learn from their mistakes from Justice League and take better care of these films and put more trust in their directors. They should have learned after Suicide Squad, but that ended up being a major success. Justice League should have been an easy billion dollar movie, but I think its ended its run with less than 700 million.

Excited for Aquaman to come out, but what they did decide to keep in Justice League for aquaman i didnt care for too much. I think James Wan will do a great job with the character though. Also hoping Flashpoint will do a minor reboot of the Universe. Maybe change Aquaman, If affleck wants to leave (hope he doesnt) then let that be his exit and bring in a younger batman that we can keep around for awhile.

I actually the DC movie universe portrayal of Aquaman though. He doesn't come off like "comic book corny" to me in the JL movie. I'm kinda interested in seeing Aquaman movie now.

John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein (the writers for Spiderman Homecoming) have signed on to Direct Ezra Millers Flashpoint Movie.

Lots of director teams these days, kinda weird.

I still think Flashpoint is a terrible idea. Just make a regular Flash movie.

Not only is it too early in this universe since Flashpoint does not just the alternate timeline thing (no emotional resonance to the drastic changes since we don't even really know the DCEU characters like that) but also a reboot of sorts.

Flashpoint itself was always just an ok story at best. They do this they can expect to continue to sink. Fall back on the team ups and epic events and focus on establishing these characters in their own movies for fuck's sake.

I actually the DC movie universe portrayal of Aquaman though. He doesn't come off like "comic book corny" to me in the JL movie. I'm kinda interested in seeing Aquaman movie now.

He was only ever "comic book corny" in the Superfriends cartoon. From the 60s on in the comic books he was a certified royal badass. With some of the darkest plot points of the bronze age. Like when Black Manta killed his son and then Mera left him. What the DCEU is doing with the character is not very new at all.

I still think Flashpoint is a terrible idea. Just make a regular Flash movie.

Not only is it too early in this universe since Flashpoint does not just the alternate timeline thing (no emotional resonance to the drastic changes since we don't even really know the DCEU characters like that) but also a reboot of sorts.

Flashpoint itself was always just an ok story at best. They do this they can expect to continue to sink. Fall back on the team ups and epic events and focus on establishing these characters in their own movies for fuck's sake.
i like flashpoint for several reasons..

1 aquaman and wonder woman are certified stars....having them war is going to be sick
2 thomas wayne is going to be a major focus of the film
3 it explains the switch in batmen if they have to make it
4 it sums up like all 5 season of the tv show without repeating much (barry misses his mom, and tried to save her)
5 anything else they regret and wanna axe..they have the green light right here

i like flashpoint for several reasons..

1 aquaman and wonder woman are certified stars....having them war is going to be sick
2 thomas wayne is going to be a major focus of the film
3 it explains the switch in batmen if they have to make it
4 it sums up like all 5 season of the tv show without repeating much (barry misses his mom, and tried to save her)
5 anything else they regret and wanna axe..they have the green light right here

If anything I think they should carry on without any reboots yet. Then in a few years when they want to wipe the slate clean make a Crisis movie crossing over the CW verse and DCEU as well as featuring actors from older DC joints (like Keaton Batman or Keanu's American Constantine) to soft or hard reboot.

Flashpoint wouldn't even have any emotional resonance because a big part of it is Barry's heartbreak and regret and we really don't know this version of Barry at all yet outside of him being comic relief so we wouldn't even care. He hasn't earned a Flashpoint movie.

if they do a real crisis with DCEU vs CWDC it's a wash... Ollie does not play nice..

but yea, a great performance can erase all doubts.....

Back