Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hundredeyes

Don't know if this has been posted or not but fuck it, I'll spread the word:
https://www.hbo.com/hbo-news/watchmen-casting-all-you-need-to-know

Watchmen has officially joined HBO‘s 2019 lineup. Here’s everything to know so far about Damon Lindelof's new series. 

What’s the story? Based on the Alan Moore graphic novel, Watchmen is set in an alternate history where “superheroes” are treated as outlaws. And while Lindelof (The Leftovers) plans to embrace the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel, the series will also attempt to break new ground of its own. He announced his intentions earlier this spring on Instagram.

Who will I recognize? Oscar-winner Jeremy Irons (Reversal of Fortune) is the latest actor to join the cast. You can also expect to see Regina King (The Leftovers); Golden Globe-winner Don Johnson (Miami Vice); Tom Mison (Sleepy Hollow); Frances Fisher (Titanic); Jacob Ming-Trent (Superfly); Tim Blake Nelson (Lincoln, HBO’s Warm Springs); Oscar-winner Louis Gossett Jr. (An Officer and a Gentleman); Andrew Howard (The Brave, Boardwalk Empire); Yahya Abdul-Matteen II (First Match), and Sara Vickers (Endeavor).

Who are the new faces to watch out for? Also joining the cast are young actors Dylan Schombing (Sharp Objects, Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce), Lily Rose Smith (The Vampire Diaries), and Adelynn Spoon.

Who about the music? Nine Inch Nails musicians Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (who first worked together as film composers on The Social Network) will be creating the original music for the series.

What’s going on behind the camera?  Lindelof, who will be a writer on the show, will also serve as an executive producer, alongside Nicole Kassell and Tom Spezialy. Kassell (Westworld, The Leftovers) is slated to direct the pilot episode. Additional executive producers are director Stephen Williams and Joseph Iberti. The series is produced for HBO by White Rabbit in association with Warner Bros. Television, based on characters from DC. 

What should I watch while I wait? Check out The Leftovers to get a sense of Lindelof’s work on HBO, or Westworld if you are looking for another new spin on good guys vs. bad guys.

The actor has come aboard the adaptation of Matt Ruff’s novel.

1702377194510.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if this has been posted or not but fuck it, I'll spread the word:
https://www.hbo.com/hbo-news/watchmen-casting-all-you-need-to-know

Watchmen has officially joined HBO‘s 2019 lineup. Here’s everything to know so far about Damon Lindelof's new series. 

\r\n
What’s the story? Based on the Alan Moore graphic novel, Watchmen is set in an alternate history where “superheroes” are treated as outlaws. And while Lindelof (The Leftovers) plans to embrace the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel, the series will also attempt to break new ground of its own. He announced his intentions earlier this spring on Instagram.

Who will I recognize? Oscar-winner Jeremy Irons (Reversal of Fortune) is the latest actor to join the cast. You can also expect to see Regina King (The Leftovers); Golden Globe-winner Don Johnson (Miami Vice); Tom Mison (Sleepy Hollow); Frances Fisher (Titanic); Jacob Ming-Trent (Superfly); Tim Blake Nelson (Lincoln, HBO’s Warm Springs); Oscar-winner Louis Gossett Jr. (An Officer and a Gentleman); Andrew Howard (The Brave, Boardwalk Empire); Yahya Abdul-Matteen II (First Match), and Sara Vickers (Endeavor).

cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg
Jeremy Irons, Regina King and Don Johnson will all be joining the series.

Who are the new faces to watch out for? Also joining the cast are young actors Dylan Schombing (Sharp Objects, Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce), Lily Rose Smith (The Vampire Diaries), and Adelynn Spoon.

\r\n
Who about the music? Nine Inch Nails musicians Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (who first worked together as film composers on The Social Network) will be creating the original music for the series.

\r\n
What’s going on behind the camera?  Lindelof, who will be a writer on the show, will also serve as an executive producer, alongside Nicole Kassell and Tom Spezialy. Kassell (Westworld, The Leftovers) is slated to direct the pilot episode. Additional executive producers are director Stephen Williams and Joseph Iberti. The series is produced for HBO by White Rabbit in association with Warner Bros. Television, based on characters from DC. 
\r\n

\r\n
What should I watch while I wait? Check out The Leftovers to get a sense of Lindelof’s work on HBO, or Westworld if you are looking for another new spin on good guys vs. bad guys.

The actor has come aboard the adaptation of Matt Ruff’s novel.
\r\n

\r\n

\r\n","href":"/hbo-news/lovecraft-country-series-jordan-peele","type":"text","title":"Michael Kenneth Williams Joins Lovecraft Country"},{"image":{"images":[{"width":1200,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/chernobyl/article/180319-announcement-stellan-emily-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg"},{"width":768,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/chernobyl/article/180319-announcement-stellan-emily-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.768.432.jpeg"},{"width":480,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/chernobyl/article/180319-announcement-stellan-emily-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.480.270.jpeg"},{"width":980,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/chernobyl/article/180319-announcement-stellan-emily-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.980.551.jpeg"}]},"ctaText":"Read More","details":"
New actors have joined the production that stars Jared Harris, Stellan Skarsgård and Emily Watson about the 1986 nuclear disaster.
\r\n

\r\n","href":"/hbo-news/chernobyl-miniseries-casting","type":"text","title":"Chernobyl Rounds Out Casting"},{"image":{"images":[{"width":1200,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/big-little-lies/episodes/01/episode-01-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg"},{"width":768,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/big-little-lies/episodes/01/episode-01-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.768.432.jpeg"},{"width":480,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/big-little-lies/episodes/01/episode-01-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.480.270.jpeg"},{"width":980,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/big-little-lies/episodes/01/episode-01-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.980.551.jpeg"}],"altText":"Big Little Lies"},"ctaText":"Read More","details":"
If you can't wait to get back to Monterey, you're in good company. Spoilers follow.

\r\n

\r\n","href":"/big-little-lies/season-2-everything-you-need-to-know-cast","type":"text","title":"What You Need to Know About the Return of Big Little Lies "},{"image":{"images":[{"width":1200,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/the-undoing/article/180314-announcement-nicole-david-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg"},{"width":768,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/the-undoing/article/180314-announcement-nicole-david-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.768.432.jpeg"},{"width":480,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/the-undoing/article/180314-announcement-nicole-david-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.480.270.jpeg"},{"width":980,"original":false,"src":"/content/dam/hbodata/series/the-undoing/article/180314-announcement-nicole-david-1920.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.980.551.jpeg"}]},"ctaText":"READ MORE","details":"
Kidman is reteaming with Big Little Lies creator David E. Kelley for a new psychological thriller.

\r\n

\r\n","href":"/hbo-news/nicole-kidman-the-undoing","type":"text","title":"Nicole Kidman to Star and Produce The Undoing"}],"header":{"eyebrow":"","description":"","title":"More HBO News"}},"band":"PromotionalCard"}" style="box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);">
More HBO News

Not sure about the casting but a Live action Watchmen show produced by HBO has potential to say the least.

Same dude responsible for LOST, Prometheus and The Leftovers...

Fuck him. He'll give you 2-3 good seasons then basically say fuck you and this story.
If I ever see this guy I'll swing on him.

HBO's Watchmen continues to expand its impressive cast as it heads towards production. It's now being confirmed that Jeremy Irons is playing an older Ozymandias in the show while some new casting news points to Legion actress Jean Smart also joining the show in the role of a "mysterious FBI agent."

/Film snagged the confirmation of Irons' role, which had been rumored to be Ozymandias as far back as last summer. It's going to be one of the more pivotal roles in the show, as Adrian Veidt / Ozymandias, the "smartest man in the world," was actually the one responsible for the planning the series of events that manipulated his former Watchmenteammates and major world figures into causing the cataclysmic doomsday event that killed thousands in Manhattan. That event inspired world leaders into ending the Cold War and making peace, a price that Veidt was willing to pay with soul, which he knew would be forever tarnished, afterward. Given that this HBO series is set decades after that event, it will be very interesting to see how Adrian has fared with the weight of so much death on his shoulders, for so long. The show described his role as an "aging and imperious lord of a British manor," but there have also been set photos suggesting that Veidt could be dead when the show begins, so Irons could be appearing only in key flashbacks if that's true -- or perhaps Veidt's death is just an illusion...

As for Jean Smart, an actress of her caliber probably won't just be playing a bit part like a random FBI agent; it's a safe bet that there's some larger purpose to her presence in the show. What that twist could be remains to be seen, but /Film notes that her character is named "Agent Blake," which could also have some big implications. Edward Blake was The Comedian, and one big twist of Watchmen is the reveal that Laurie Juspeczyk (Silk Spectre II) is actually the Comedian's illegitimate daughter. Naturally, fans are now speculating that Jean Smart will be the older version of Laurie.

Here's the synopsis for Watchmen according to showrunner Damon Lindelof:

This story will be set in the world its creators painstakingly built… It must ask new questions and explore the world through a fresh lens. Most importantly, it must be contemporary. The Old Testament was specific to the Eighties of Reagan and Thatcher and Gorbachev. Ours needs to resonate with the frequency of Trump and May and Putin and the horse that he rides around on, shirtless. And speaking of Horsemen, The End of the World is off the table…which means the heroes and villains – as if the two are distinguishable – are playing for different stakes entirely."

Watchmen is expected to debut sometime in 2019 on HBO.

It would be amazing if WB let them use this as a vehicle to adapt Doomsday Clock eventually especially if they truly arent going to be making Batman or Superman films for a while. I have been wanting an HBO or equivalent Batman show for years. When used correctly Batman has the perfect elements for a television show and you can literally season by season adapt the very best of the best story arcs from beginning to present. Don't film the Waynes being shot again. Use the Mask Of The Phantasm as an influence and go straight to Batman being Batman. Just think if we got a show like this:

Season 1 - Combine elements of Year One/The Killing Joke/
Season 2 - Joker Poisons the water supply/The Long Halloween/Harvey Dent/Two Face
Season 3 - Dick Grayson becomes Robin/Tony Zucco/Penguin

The possibilities are limitless...

Wow i could have sworn they announced this as a prequel series a long time ago, but looks like this takes place after the events of the explosion? That could potentially be super dope.

Does that mean comedian and Rorschach wont be in it though?

I like that it's a sequel to the comic cause truth be told the comic cannot be translated faithfully. The movie really botched it up. Irons as Ozy is pretty inspired casting.

They'll probably take some elements from Doomsday Clock. Like Rorschach being the son of the psychiatrist from the original story. Any young black actor cast? That would be a dead give away.

They'll probably take some elements from Doomsday Clock. Like Rorschach being the son of the psychiatrist from the original story. Any young black actor cast? That would be a dead give away.
Dude who plays Black Manta in Aquaman has been casted. Maybe its him!

Oh great another wack ass group of hero's getting a series.

Where's the Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke series a actual interesting character or a Secret Six series.

Is this a continuation from the film? A prequel or something completely removed from the film?

I was fine with the film as a matter o fact I own it
Wtf else type of story they got to tell me ozymandias(sp) did it and dr Manhattan dgaf about shit.
0f0b30f13c8ea9f2fabebee122963a02.jpg

I was fine with the film as a matter o fact I own it
Wtf else type of story they got to tell me ozymandias(sp) did it and dr Manhattan dgaf about shit.
0f0b30f13c8ea9f2fabebee122963a02.jpg

My exact thoughts. Where are the nerds to explain to us?

Right b/c the movie told EVERYTHING you nee...MAN IF YALL DON'T...

GTFOHWTBS!! Stop complaining b4 the series even started!

Watch the shyt. See what's it about 1st. Then you'll see what story they're tryin to tell.

Smh...my gawd man.

Right b/c the movie told EVERYTHING you nee...MAN IF YALL DON'T...

View attachment 131096

GTFOHWTBS!! Stop complaining b4 the series even started!

Watch the shyt. See what's it about 1st. Then you'll see what story they're tryin to tell.

Smh...my gawd man.
I read the graphic novel as well
Hold this

This show ain't gon show me shit new

Back