Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO David Makes Man

Inori

NAWF
Surprised there isn't a thread on this already.

Season 01 came out in 2019. 10 Episodes. I think it originally aired on the OWN network but it's on HBO Max now as well.

Season 02 started about a month ago. already 5 episodes in. I'm fuckin wit it. Anybody else checkin this show out?

I fuck with this show.. I wasnt feeling the older David at first but he is growing on me. I understand now they really tryna drive home he hasnt grown at all basically.. He has the younger David's mannerisms down to the T. Last episode was intense af

Bruh...............

Webay gif with no background.gif

I'm just now realizing that the actor who plays grown David..............is the same actor who played Monk from The Wire.

Neil Degrasse tyson mind blown gif.gif

Would've never guessed he'd be able to pull off a role like that.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised because The Wire has had some of the best actors in the business.

Was wondering how they were gonna have the young David and older David swap places.. Seeing them go back and forth for "control" was dope and hilarious at times lol

So is Shella JG's sidechick? Or do they just have that tension all these years.. I dunno for sure.. But it seems like its implied

So is Shella JG's sidechick? Or do they just have that tension all these years.. I dunno for sure.. But it seems like its implied

I don't know if she's his sidechick, but......like you said.......there's definitely some tension there that both of them are trying to ignore.

Last edited:
On another note, I hate to side with the cops..............but I can understand why they were upset with JG.

Dude's heart was in the right place, but he didn't think it through when he decided to pay for that kid's defense.

They touched on it 2 episodes back, but he should've talked to his wife first before he made that decision.

Didn't care much for her nagging in previous episodes, but she was on point about the money.

They've got bills.........a kid's college education to think of............and dude turns around and gives the money (that his co-workers didn't have to give him)........to the kid who shot him???

KRS-ONE gif.gif

Webay gif drinking soda while being interrogated.gif

Kind of a simp move too because it seemed like he was only doing it to please Shella.

Baldhead cop was right.

If they had known he was gonna do that with the money, they would've kept that money for themselves and their own families.

Back