Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dave east album only sells 3k CAN WE STOP PRETENDING HE CAN RAP?

I agree he need a few hits.... Butb between paranoia, beloved, and now n survival homie already got a quality discography under his belt.

Phone tripping should have been on the radio heavy...

He needs a fabulous "breath" type of song.

I think he's far from done tho

Casual opinion,my opinion is casual..I mean, I've barely heard both of them. No homo when I say this...young ma being a lesbian definitely provides a nuance to where other wise shes a really basic New York rapper. Dave East sounds like an aight New York rapper, that happens to be an attractive guy.

They are both kinda boring to me

Ive checked 2 projects from him and didnt wanna relisten to anything.

All his ig comments are bitches tellin him hes cute. He should lean into that if he hasnt. Start making Nelly and LL Cool J type songs for females.

How fuck he got 3mill ig followers but only 3k streams? Fake followers or what?

How the hell Thug and Lil Baby getting so many spins.

I dont even know some of them dudes listed

But East can actually rap

Yall gotta realize alot of us that would be apt to listen to a nigga like dave east. Have heard the content that dave east spits, done way better by alot of emcees. So there's nothing new to what hes saying and he doest even say it with flair or style. When I hear his music I can literally see him in the booth reading it from a rhyme book like hes seeing it for the first time. Like hes making a reference track for someone else.

myT9ofB.png
But I get that yall fell in love with his personality and who he is as a man. I get that and I'm not dissing him as a person or a "real nigga"..

damn....still listening to his joint right now so this is kinda funny and disappointing but did he even have any promo?.....i said this a while ago but he needs to really pick a lane and stay there until he really masters his craft...one min he was a spitter, next min he was thuggin/gangbangin, next min he's on the females, next min he's reflective...which he can be all of these layers but he needs to master one first and rise above all the other niggas that do that shit(which he's meddling in the middle somewhere...), It's like he wants the attention of a big time rap star but doesnt really put in the work....he should either be in magazines crazy on some model shit or on his feature shit heavy ala J. Cole(not just this past year but that Miguel feature he was on back then really gave him a boost that a Jay-Z cosign never did).....and he needs a hit like bad bad...something catchy that the females(who will buy your record just for the fuck of it) will get behind and support....again what does he really want to be?....he's already a "success" at this point but how long can he maintain it doing it this way?

Casual opinion,my opinion is casual..I mean, I've barely heard both of them. No homo when I say this...young ma being a lesbian definitely provides a nuance to where other wise shes a really basic New York rapper. Dave East sounds like an aight New York rapper, that happens to be an attractive guy.

They are both kinda boring to me
But you barely heard them.... Do you not understand how that makes your opinion weak on this subject?

I admittedly got really familiar with East off the beloved album... Before that I wouldn't even get into a debate about homie cuz I just ain't heard enough....

But 2018 & 2019

East been HEAVY in my rotation.... He has the goods.

Like what makes him boring? Being monotone? Like Banks got octaves... C'mon fam

Back