Welcome To aBlackWeb

The MCU had the most successful cinematic run as a studio. But it's only 10 year old.

Before MCU was really established x-men and spiderman and hulk were Marvels only go to....

Mcu built the avengers into relevance

Not quite. Blade basically built Marvel, if not comic book movies in general, into what it is today.

http://whatculture.com/film/5-lessons-blade-taught-studios-superhero-movies-clearly-forgotten
www.blastr.com/2014-3-12/unsung-hero-how-blade-helped-save-comic-book-movie

Having the #1 movie every time you drop the last 20 years is not being a dominate franchise. Yes you the stupid one if you think otherwise.

Bruh, why are we going through this. You were clearly trying to make a comparison between the Spider-man/X-men films and the other Marvel films. That's why you ended the post by saying the others needed to catch up. Then when I gave you a list that showed that the others have not only caught up but surpassed those movies in many cases, you're trying to act like you weren't talking about how the superhero movies compares. Who gives a shit if an X-men movie comes out and gets number 1 against some RomCom or other nonblockbuster movie. We're talking about how these movies and their performances compare to each other. You know that, so quit trying to be slick.

Bruh, why are we going through this. You were clearly trying to make a comparison between the Spider-man/X-men films and the other Marvel films. That's why you ended the post by saying the others needed to catch up. Then when I gave you a list that showed that the others have not only caught up but surpassed those movies in many cases, you're trying to act like you weren't talking about how the superhero movies compares. Who gives a shit if an X-men movie comes out and gets number 1 against some RomCom or other nonblockbuster movie. We're talking about how these movies and their performances compare to each other. You know that, so quit trying to be slick.

Don't care about none of this so you can stop typing to me, X Men is a dominate franchise going on 20 years and I don't care what you say otherwise

It wasn't like DC had a bunch of characters either. Prior to the last 10 years, all they used was Batman & Superman.
yea but they were consistent for the past 30+ years...

70's-DC unopposed
80's-DC unopposed
90's-DC with minor opposition

2000-2010 is the only decade up for dispute.....but I feel Batman Begins and Dark Knight tis the scale in DC's favor. Those were the best two comic book movies f that decade,

2010-2018 Marvel easily , even though DC did put out some good shit to let you know that they not dead in the water.......and this is the most profitable decade in the industry and all accolades are given to them for really game changing the industry.....

All im saying is that history suggests that DC will bounce back......and i'm fairly certain of it, i'm constantly reading stories that i think will do great on the screen, and te proof that the stories are still good is clearly evident in the animated universe.....they just gotta get it together on the big screen.....which i honestly believe they're well on the right path....just a few setbacks....

Blade is widely acknowledged as the first brick laid for Marvel and singlehandedly saved the entire genre of films.
i disagree with that opinion

blade came out in 1998...and imo....

it was marvels response to.....spawn.. which came in 1997

in 1997 Spawn took a relatively unknown comic book character (neither DC or Marvel) with a very dark tone starring a black lead..

it was rated R and they took a gamble..

it might not have been as big of a success as Blade.

but it's very likely that Marvel realized that they have a bigger studio, bigge budget, and could hire a bigger black martial arts actor....and do everything Spawn did...just better.....

I'm the biggest Micheal Jai white fan in the world.. but Wesley is a bigger actor...

So Blade single handedly did nothing.....

just looked back.

Spawn wasn't that far behind Blade at all...

Blade had a bigger budget by 5 million.... 45 million to 40 million
but spawn had the bigger opening weekend 21 million to 17 million...

so Blade did not spark shit like yall tryna remember it...

blade eventually caught up in the long run... but spawn definitely was big as shit

i disagree with that opinion

blade came out in 1998...and imo....

it was marvels response to.....spawn.. which came in 1997

in 1997 Spawn took a relatively unknown comic book character (neither DC or Marvel) with a very dark tone starring a black lead..

it was rated R and they took a gamble..

it might not have been as big of a success as Blade.

but it's very likely that Marvel realized that they have a bigger studio, bigge budget, and could hire a bigger black martial arts actor....and do everything Spawn did...just better.....

I'm the biggest Micheal Jai white fan in the world.. but Wesley is a bigger actor...

So Blade single handedly did nothing.....

At the time, Spawn already had a following; it was hardly unknown. The critically acclaimed "Todd McFarlane's Spawn" had been on HBO for several months before the movie came out. That was one of the shows talked about at the water cooler in offices because of it's more adult themes and content. Aside from that, there was also "Todd McFarlane's Spawn: The Video Game" for the SNES in '95. Plus, by the time the movie came out there had been a number of magazine and newspaper articles about Image Comics with references to Spawn and comparing him to the likes of Batman and Wolverine in terms of popularity.

People knew who Spawn was in '97. In contrast, outside of the hardest of hardcore comic nerds, nobody knew anything about Blade.
Spawn was a critical failure and a mediocre performer at the box office. Meanwhile Blade knocked "Saving Private Ryan" out of the #1 spot and held the #1 spot for 2-3 weeks before slipping.

Blade's success paved the way for superhero movies today.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies...nix-trailer-breakdown-director-simon-kinberg/

When X-Men: The Last Stand attempted to pull off the classic Dark Phoenix storyline in 2006, it didn’t go as well as many would have hoped – including its co-writer, Simon Kinberg. He’s remained with the mutant saga through First Class and beyond – and now he’s set out as writer-director to give Jean Grey’s struggle with a greater power the big-screen treatment it deserves. The first trailer for X-Men: Dark Phoenix has just arrived, teasing a cosmic new direction for the comic book series, a mysterious figure in Jessica Chastain’s still-unknown character, and – at last – the classic X-Men get-up. Empire spoke to Kinberg to get the lowdown on the teaser – and he elaborated on plenty of intriguing tidbits.

Jean Grey: The Early Years

While X-Men: Apocalypse introduced a grown-up Jean to the First Class timeline, it turns out that Charles Xavier has a longer-standing relationship with her. “There are not a lot of flashbacks in the movie, but that foundational relationship between Young Jean and a younger Charles is one of the core themes of the film,” Kinberg explains. “The question of Jean’s relationship to her own powers becomes a big conflict for her throughout the film once she’s transformed by something that happens up in space, that has nothing to do with her childhood. It opens with a mission that takes them up into space that has consequences for Jean that ripple throughout the movie.”

The Professor’s Problem
xmdp-2.jpg

In previous tellings of the Dark Phoenix story, Professor X has limited Jean’s capabilities after seeing the full potential of her power – and the Dark Phoenix trailer teases at a similar strand here. “Charles has been hiding secrets about Jean’s past from her that get revealed over the span of the movie, and only make her more unstable,” say Kinberg. “It’s the most inopportune time for this character to become unstable emotionally, because she’s becoming unstable in a much different way after this cosmic thing that happened to her in space. In this way, Dark Phoenix is the most intimate, emotional and personal movie we’ve made, and yet also has the biggest breadth in terms of spanning beyond our planet, even beyond our galaxy. There’s a sense that the things that are happening emotionally for Jean and what’s happening cosmically inside her is making her incredibly unstable, dangerous, destructive.”

Present Day

Cut back to the main timeline, and a reasonable amount of time has elapsed since we last saw Prof X and co. “It’s 1992, nine years after Apocalypse,” confirms Kinberg. “The X-Men have become the X-Men that many of us know from the comics – they are heroes. They’re still viewed as different by society, but they’ve been more embraced than ever before. And when the movie starts in 1992, they are a known superhero team.”

Suburban Outfitters

In a move sure to please many long-term fans, the X-uniform in Dark Phoenix finally brings in a classic yellow-and-blue design similar to the comic and cartoon incarnations. “I’ve been waiting to do that from the first time I ever got a call from Avi Arad,” Kinberg enthuses. “Avi and Kevin Feige were the chief two people that called me about an X-Men movie 15 years ago. We talked about the costumes, and what Bryan Singer had done I understood and liked, but they were very different to what I had grown up seeing in the comics. So I was excited finally as the director to have more of a say and clothe them in their classic costumes.”

The new look pinches elements from various designs seen on page and screen over the years. “I had a board full of my favourite images from the comics, and then I worked with our costume designer, who also worked on Logan, to create something that was incredibly loyal to the comics and then also had a little bit of its own feel. There’s little nuances from the cartoons, the comics, from whatever it is that if you were a fan you grew up reading or watching.”

Lol, how you have the way when you went second?

Blade followed Spawn....

Bigger budget, smaller opening weekend

Blade paved nothing

yea but they were consistent for the past 30+ years...

70's-DC unopposed
80's-DC unopposed
90's-DC with minor opposition

2000-2010 is the only decade up for dispute.....but I feel Batman Begins and Dark Knight tis the scale in DC's favor. Those were the best two comic book movies f that decade,

2010-2018 Marvel easily , even though DC did put out some good shit to let you know that they not dead in the water.......and this is the most profitable decade in the industry and all accolades are given to them for really game changing the industry.....

All im saying is that history suggests that DC will bounce back......and i'm fairly certain of it, i'm constantly reading stories that i think will do great on the screen, and te proof that the stories are still good is clearly evident in the animated universe.....they just gotta get it together on the big screen.....which i honestly believe they're well on the right path....just a few setbacks....

I said nothing bout they consistency, but since you brought it up.

Yes. They consistently used 2 characters in the 70's,80's and 90's

Lol, how you have the way when you went second?

Blade followed Spawn....

Bigger budget, smaller opening weekend

Blade paved nothing

Spawn was a failure and an overall terrible movie. 2-3 weeks after Spawn we got Steel starring Shaq; another terrible ass movie. Hollywood had ZERO appetite for another superhero movie and DAMNED sure not another one with a Black leading character. But Blade was already shooting when those two disasters came out, and they went ahead with the release anyways.

Blade was a box office success whereas Spawn and Steel weren't.

Everywhere you look, Blade is given the credit for saving movies based on comic book heroes.

Why did you keep harping on the opening weekend? (It's a rhetorical question. I know why)

130 mill to 60

Blade opened at #1 and stayed there. It kicked Saving Private Ryan out of the #1 spot and held it for a couple more weeks which really shouldn't have been possible, but it happened.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/unsung-hero-how-blade-helped-save-comic-book-movie

"...Blade was released Aug. 21, 1998, and no one expected it to be a hit. It happened to open a week after one of the most hailed films of all time. "The movie came out the second weekend of Saving Private Ryan. And it opened at number one. It knocked Private Ryan off number one. Everybody was like, 'What? Are you kidding?'" Frankfurt exclaimed, "Everybody was shocked, like, 'What is this movie that knocked Private Ryan off?!' And then it held its second weekend, which was unheard of for an urban movie. Usually they just flame out like a horror movie does. Other people were like, 'Oh, it's a horror movie.' Everybody was trying to figure out what it was."..."

Back