Welcome To aBlackWeb

Legit thinking of watching this shit tonight. Finally watched Apocalypse last night 'cause I was bored and I'm bored again.

Legit thinking of watching this shit tonight. Finally watched Apocalypse last night 'cause I was bored and I'm bored again.
Few months back I went through every X-men movie since first class from that storyline

dark Phoenix is incredibly uneventful but I mean I guess watch it to finish everything up

The way that FOX treated the X-Men franchise is still ridiculous until this day. I wish Marvel would have been able to take over the franchise after Apocalypse was put out I still don't know what made FOX still push out Dark Phoenix after all the complications they went through shooting & promoting that movie. Dark Phoenix makes X-3 look like gold and back then X-3 was considered bad/lackluster by most standards (or mine at least).

So I just got done watching this shit...

200.gif

This shit was all over the fuckin place.

The dialogue was TUUUUUUURRRRRBLE!!! The action scenes were ok, but the rest of the flick was horrible. There's seriously no direction in this shit.

My 19 year old stood in front of the TV for the last 20 minutes trying to walk away from this trainwreck of a movie but couldn't. Now, she has only watched maybe a couple of MCU flicks and ZERO X Men joints and she's like:

"Daddy... this movie is bad..."
"The end is really bad... <mocking voice> 'I can't control my power so I'll kill this lady and ascend to godhood and disappear', is that it???"
"This was confusing"
"Who was the bad guy? There was a bad guy, right?"

I ended up explaining that they really screwed up the Dark Phoenix story from the comics. Then I tried to explain how this movie is supposed to be connected to the original three, except they already tried to do Dark Phoenix there (and it was only a little bit better), but she killed Xavier in that but somehow he was alive again for the future scenes in Days of Future Past, but Mystique dies in this movie, but she's alive again in the first three X Men, then I got confused and she got confused and she said:

"So Marvel is trying to fix all of this confusion with the multiverse??? Is that what they're trying to do??? I don't think it'll work, sounds like it's gonna make it worse."

Yeah... I need a drink.

Back