Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dallas Officer Amber Guyger's trial for the murder of Botham Shem Jean begins (FOUND GUILTY)

e-streets also saying this is Botham Shem Jean with Amber Guyger.....but I don't think any of them girls look like her:

Amber-Guyger-Not-Verified-As-Police-Officer-Who-Shot-Botham-Shem-Jean.jpg

http://thedailyhaze.com/amber-guyger-botham-shem-jean/

Police Chief Renee Hall said at a news conference on Friday that the incident appears to be a "very unique situation".

"We have ceased handling it under our normal officer involved shooting protocol," Chief Hall said. "Right now there are more questions than answers."

Police say they have taken a blood sample to test for drugs and alcohol and are obtaining a warrant for the officer's arrest.

The Dallas Police have also invited the Texas Rangers to conduct an independent investigation.

If she just got done from doing her shift then there better not be drugs or alcohol in her system otherwise she was intoxicated on the job...

On Thursday night around 10 p.m., an off-duty Dallas police officer shot and killed the 26-year-old man after the officer attempted to enter his apartment, believing it to be her own, according to statements from DPD. The as-yet-unnamed officer was just coming off a shift and was still in uniform, DPD says. Neighbors say they heard two gunshots, and little else. Jean was taken to Baylor University Medical Center, where he later died.

180907_bothamvigil129_bm.jpg

The incident was initially handled as an officer-involved shooting, which meant police questioned the officer and took a blood sample but did not take her into custody, and she was placed on paid administrative leave pending an investigation. On Friday afternoon, Dallas Police Chief U. Renee Hall requested a manslaughter warrant for the officer. As of Friday night, the cop has not been named, nor has she been taken into police custody. The Texas Rangers are conducting an independent investigation.

At a Friday afternoon press conference, Chief Hall said she was uncertain of the officer's whereabouts and that her name won't be released until she's officially charged.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news...gil-calling-for-dallas-police-action-11116926

Jean's neighbor, a man who requested to be identified by his initials J.B., knew Jean well enough to say hello to the 26-year-old Harding University graduate. J.B. heard the shots as he was heading to his apartment.

“I stay on the fourth floor, directly across from what happened. I was walking back into the building … [as] soon as I put my key fob in through this door thing right here, walking down the hallway, that's when I heard the shots.”

After the shots, J.B. says things became quiet.

“I heard the shots, and then after that I went to my door and I didn't hear nothing else. So for me to hear the shots and then nothing else … it's like, 'What the hell was she in there doing?' There wasn't any panic or nothing like 'I had killed the wrong guy' or 'I'm in the wrong spot.' Like, 'I just did it.'”

J.B. says he didn't know a police officer lived in his building.

The police response was nearly immediate, with officers closing off the area as onlookers gathered around the complex's parking garage. Kelsey Zadel, a resident of the South Side Flats, says she was just leaving to walk her dog when she heard the shots. They were immediately followed by the sound of sirens.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news...s-describe-scene-at-south-side-flats-11116899

Props - got even longer footage, shows someone (paramedics?) doing chest compressions as they were taking him out on the stretcher

I bet they'll try and spin this and say "she was clearly distraught and immediately remorseful from the footage" making it not premeditated or certainly expecting leniency if it goes to trial/sentencing smh

Props - got even longer footage, shows someone (paramedics?) doing chest compressions as they were taking him out on the stretcher

I bet they'll try and spin this and say "she was clearly distraught and immediately remorseful from the footage" making it not premeditated or certainly expecting leniency if it goes to trial/sentencing smh

Yeah the media keeps pushing code words: "12 hour shift" "woman" "police officer" "got off work"

Someone showing how the doors work in that apartment with the key fobs. If the light blinks red you can't get in, only green. So this leads to believe two things:

1) either she knew Botham personally and told him to open to speak/let her in or,
2) she hid behind her badge and used "it's the police, open up"

Either way, there's maaaadddd inconsistencies in what's officially being reported.
I personally think they haven't officially released any info on the officer to give her/them time to clean up the story and her to scrub up her social media accounts etc. Same courtesy never given when "it's the other way"

Last edited:
Someone showing how the doors work in that apartment with the key fobs. If the light blinks red you can't get in, only green. So this leads to believe two things:

1) either she knew Botham personally and told him to open to speak/let him in or,
2) she hid behind her badge and used "it's the police, open up"

Either way, there's maaaadddd inconsistencies in what's officially being reported.
I personally think they haven't officially released any info on the officer to give her/them time to clean up the story and her to scrub up her social media accounts etc. Same courtesy never given when "it's the other way"

smh she prolly won't even do 2 months with all of this proof already coming out

Fam this was some scorned lover shit....I was just watching some vid on Worldstar of homie roasting his chick who was some sort of law enforcement officer , she gets in her feelings starts crying and pulls out her gun

Fam this was some scorned lover shit....I was just watching some vid on Worldstar of homie roasting his chick who was some sort of law enforcement officer , she gets in her feelings starts crying and pulls out her gun

It wont no roast he was accusing her of cheating and her weak ass couldnt deal

Dallas officer who shot man in his own apartment was involved in 2017 shooting of a suspect

The officer who killed a man in his apartment Thursday after she apparently mistook it for her own home also shot a suspect during an arrest in 2017.

Officer Amber Guyger has not been officially named in connection with the shooting, but a source within the Dallas Police Department has identified her.

Guyger, who has been with the department almost five years, was not indicted in the 2017 shooting of the suspect who had taken her Taser from her during a struggle.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dal...-man-apartment-involved-2017-shooting-suspect

Some progress...
Looks like the closest "official" confirmation to this being the murderer's name AMBER GUYGER

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2...allas-police-officer-fatally-shoots-neighbor/

Video above...

‘We’re going to make sure justice is served,’ Dallas mayor says of Botham Jean

DALLAS Mayor Mike Rawlings said Saturday that he’s sure justice will be served for Botham Shem Jean.

Jean, 26, was killed in his own apartment on Thursday night by an off-duty, uniformed Dallas Police officer who said she mistook Jean’s apartment for her own when she got off work at about 10 p.m.

Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall said yesterday “at my request, we are in the process of obtaining a warrant based on the circumstances we have now.” She later added the warrant would be for manslaughter.

Though Rawlings said that justice will be served, he didn’t say if the warrant has already been issued.

“The Texas Rangers are now in charge (of the investigation),” he said. “This is not the Dallas Police Department. … Chief Hall is not calling the shots.”

Later Saturday, Hall said the Texas Rangers have asked that they “hold off on the warrant until they have an opportunity to investigate” some of the information that was provided to them during an interview with the officer who shot Jean. Hall didn’t elaborate.

“The ball is in their court to investigate, deliberate and come back with a decision,” she said.

In a tweet on Saturday night, the Dallas Police Department identified the officer as Amber Guyger. The officer was identified first by Lee Merritt, one of the attorneys hired to represent the Jean family.

Guyger’s name had also been circulating throughout social media since at least Friday.

Both Rawlings and state Sen. Royce West asked for Dallas residents to be patient as they work to figure out what exactly happened Thursday night.

“Is this a white on back crime? Yes,” West said. “It was a white, female Dallas police officer who shot and killed a person from St. Lucia of African descent. Is this a race-related crime? Don’t know. I would hold any type of decision you make on what happened until all of the facts come in.”

Several questions still remain — such as how the officer got into the apartment, why she thought it was hers, and if she and Jean knew each other.

“For some strange reason, the door was open and she was able to gain entry into the apartment. We need to find out whether there was a personal relationship,” West said. “There are so many facts that need to be looked at before determining what kind of homicide this is.”

Rawlings said Jean’s death is a very serious issue for the city.

“Botham Jean was exactly the sort of citizen we want to have in the City of Dallas,” he said. “A professional ... a believer in his church, a neighbor to his friends. A man that always had a smile on his face. And for that reason, this is a terrible, terrible thing that has happened. Not only has he lost his life, but we’ve lost a potential leader for this city.”

The mayor said he’s met with Jean’s mother and sister. Jean’s father will be arriving in Dallas in the coming days. Rawlings has also spoken with the prime minister of Saint Lucia, where Jean is from.

“I offered my apologizes on the behalf of the City of Dallas,” Rawlings said.

Hall has previously said that a blood test was ordered to check if there were drugs or alcohol in the officer’s system.

The police chief also said the officer won’t be officially identified until charges are filed, which she said is the same process for citizens accused of a crime.

According to the Dallas Police Department’s blog, Guyger has been involved in a shooting before. In 2017, she shot Uvaldo Perez, 47.

Officers from the Crime Response Team, which Guyger was a member of, responded to the 8300 block of Reva Street after receiving information from undercover officers that a wanted woman as at the location. The woman was in a car with Perez and when police arrived, Perez left the vehicle and confronted the officers, police said.

Perez grabbed one of the officer’s Tasers. He was eventually charged.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/dallas/article218059190.html

So now they're saying the door was open??????!!!!!!!!!!!
And the police chief can miss me with that bullshit like they're treating Guyger like a normal citizen

Back