Dismiss Notice
PLEASE NOMINATE YOUR FAVORITE ALBUMS & SONGS OF 2018 IN THE 'RECORD STORE' SECTION

Dallas Officer Walks Into Wrong Apartment, Kills Legal Occupant, Remains At Large

Discussion in 'The News & Rumors Spot' started by rickyrich, Sep 7, 2018.

1. rickyrich

rickyrich free worl'boss free siva free buju #gaza4eva

ABW Bucks:
    $193,056
    ABW Bucks:
    $193,056 ($0 Banked)
    In a news conference early Friday morning, Dallas Sgt. Warren Mitchell said the officer was heading home after working a full shift when she walked into an apartment unit she believed was her own.

After entering the unit, she was confronted by a 26-year-old man, identified by the medical examiner's office as Botham Shem Jean. At some point, the officer fired her weapon, hitting him, police said.

"Confronted" a man at peace in HIS OWN HOME and when he probably suspected she was an intruder... killed him. Not arrested.

She has not been arrested and her name has not been released.

[​IMG] The victim, Botham Shem Jean, was 26

• Ether Ether x 10
  2. 21 Hafage

21 Hafage Dont drank out my drank, foo Billy Jack 2018 Rookie of the Year, 2018 Most Ghetto Male

ABW Bucks:
    $458,749
    ABW Bucks:
    $458,749 ($0 Banked)
    Hmm....she's already being charged with manslaughter. That was quick af.

[​IMG]

DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas police officer who shot and killed her neighbor and later explained she had mistaken his apartment for her own will be charged with manslaughter, the police chief said Friday.

It's not clear what the off-duty officer may have said to 26-year-old Botham Jean late Thursday or whether there was any interaction between the two before Jean was shot, police Chief U. Renee Hall said during a news conference.

"Right now there are more questions than there are answers," Hall said.

The officer called dispatch to report that she had shot the man, police said. She told responding officers that she believed the victim's apartment was her own when she entered it.

The responding officers administered first aid to Jean, a native of the Caribbean island country of St. Lucia who attended college in Arkansas and worked for accounting and consulting firm PwC. Jean, who was black, was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead. Hall said the officer is white, but she didn't say whether investigators believe race was a factor in the shooting.

Police haven't released the name the officer, who had arrived home in-uniform and wasn't injured. She will be placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation, police said.

Authorities haven't said how the officer got into Jean's home, or whether his door was open or unlocked. The apartment complex is just a few blocks from Dallas' police headquarters.

At a Friday morning news conference, Sgt. Warren Mitchell acknowledged there are many questions about what happened that he couldn't answer.

"We still have a lot to do in this investigation. So there's a lot of information I understand you guys want but this is all we can give you at this time," Mitchell said.

When asked if anyone else had witnessed the shooting, Warren replied, "We have not spoken to anyone else at this time."

Residents of the apartment complex said they can access their units with a regular key or through a keypad code.

Two women who live on the second floor near where the shooting happened said they heard a lot of noise late Thursday.

"It was, like, police talk: 'Open up! Open up!'" 20-year-old Caitlin Simpson told The Dallas Morning News.

Yazmine Hernandez, 20, was studying with Simpson when they heard the commotion.

"We heard cops yelling, but otherwise had no idea what was going on," Hernandez said.

Jean grew up in St. Lucia and attended Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, where he often led campus worship services before graduating in 2016, the school said in a statement. That July, he went to work for PwC in risk assurance.

Police said they are conducting a joint investigation with the Dallas County district attorney's office.

———

Associated Press writers Jamie Stengle and David Warren contributed to this report.

• Ether Ether x 3
  3. CeLLar-DooR

CeLLar-DooR Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $110,506
    ABW Bucks:
    $110,506 ($0 Banked)
    Wait so she walked into the wrong apartment, didn't notice the decor was different, and shot the person tellin' her she's in the wrong place?

• Cosign Cosign x 14
  4. Meeks

Meeks The One with the Green Eyes. Phatty Cakes Freckle Face Fucka 2018 Best Looking Female Poster 2018 VIP MVP ROBBER

ABW Bucks:
    $1,574,750
    ABW Bucks:
    $1,574,750 ($0 Banked)
    None of this sounds right, how did she get into the apartment? Like what?

Nevermind, just finished reading.
    Smfh

• Cosign Cosign x 5
  5. 21 Hafage

21 Hafage Dont drank out my drank, foo Billy Jack 2018 Rookie of the Year, 2018 Most Ghetto Male

ABW Bucks:
    $458,749
    ABW Bucks:
    $458,749 ($0 Banked)
    either drunk or there's much more to the story

they havent said how close their apartments were or how she got in yet......but they called him a "neighbor"

it wouldnt surprise me if they've had words before

• Cosign Cosign x 3
  6. Valentinez A. Kaiser

Valentinez A. Kaiser Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $100,679
    ABW Bucks:
    $100,679 ($0 Banked)
    there was obviously a prior relationship between the two.
    maybe they were neighbors who had prior bad run-ins, maybe they were lovers and she got kicked to the curb....but one thing for sure, I'm not believing that BS she's selling.

Seriously how did she get into the apartment, and if the claim is she was drunk and didn't know, then does this become the "I'm drunk but I got behind the wheel of a car and therefore responsible for my actions drunk" or is it "I'm drunk and because of that I cannot give consent so not responsible for my actions drunk".

Inquiring minds want to know!

• Cosign Cosign x 4
    • Ether Ether x 2
    • Goat Goat x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. Rubato

Rubato Prominent Member 2018 Best Looking Male Poster

ABW Bucks:
    $2,230,614
    ABW Bucks:
    $2,230,614 ($0 Banked)
    Damn

I’ve done this before too, came home drunk and tried to open a door on the 2nd floor instead of the 3rd but fortunately it was locked.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. The Lonious Monk

The Lonious Monk Celestial Souljah

ABW Bucks:
    $314,640
    ABW Bucks:
    $314,640 ($0 Banked)
    This story makes no sense to me. How did she get into his apartment? How did she not know she was in the wrong apartment? How did a simple mistake escalate to her shooting him?

9. Lord Nemesis

Lord Nemesis Gotta young brown stallion and she 20 yrs old...

ABW Bucks:
    $161,200
    ABW Bucks:
    $161,200 ($0 Banked)
    I saw one report that said he opened the door and then she shot him. Don't know if that's been substantiated though

10. Cain

Cain Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $523,127
    ABW Bucks:
    $523,127 ($0 Banked)
    Unbelievable literally. Either had a relationship or she wanted one and things with left. Real left.

RIP to the young man smh

• Cosign Cosign x 10
  11. Pachá12

Pachá12 Boogiemonster

ABW Bucks:
    $59,385
    ABW Bucks:
    $59,385 ($0 Banked)
    It is amazing how white people/cops keep finding these new ways to commit these murders against black people. Any charge other than murder is DISGUSTING.

• Cosign Cosign x 12
  12. Chi-town B

Chi-town B Prominent Member 2018 Most Valuable Crybaby ROBBER

ABW Bucks:
    $1,004,264
    ABW Bucks:
    $1,004,264 ($9,883,963 Banked)
    Dude probably fucked her and threw her away, she got all emotional and killed him and came up with the excuse of the wrong apartment

• Cosign Cosign x 4
    • Ether Ether x 1
  13. 313 Wayz

313 Wayz Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $336,113
    ABW Bucks:
    $336,113 ($0 Banked)
    she probably let him smash, got mad he moved on and went by his spot while she had a little bit of liquor in her.......during their conversation it elevated to her shooting him

• Cosign Cosign x 2
  14. Sam Crooke

Sam Crooke Prominent Member G.O.M.D

ABW Bucks:
    $221,771
    ABW Bucks:
    $221,771 ($0 Banked)
    Shit happened a lot to me. You would just hear random people bamming on your door and shit.

15. obnoxiouslyfresh

obnoxiouslyfresh Member Hide Ya Wife, Hide Ya Kids Badge

ABW Bucks:
    $102,554
    ABW Bucks:
    $102,554 ($0 Banked)
    One of the more detailed articles I read was that his apartment was directly under hers. She was on the wrong floor, probably drunk... in fact, I would say she had to be. Anyways, she sticks her key in the door and sees it won’t turn. Instead of it becoming clearer to this dummy that she’s at the wrong apt, she keeps trying the key. The young man opens the door and this Bozo shoots him instantly.

• Ether Ether x 6
    • Cosign Cosign x 3
  16. CONFLICT

CONFLICT Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $122,808
    ABW Bucks:
    $122,808 ($0 Banked)
    Big mama in the house..

• Goat Goat x 1
  17. AP21

AP21 Everything is fine....just fine...yep...fine Staff Member Mod Squad 2017 Mod of the Year, 2018 Simp of the Year & No Sex Life Award

ABW Bucks:
    $1,158,998
    ABW Bucks:
    $1,158,998 ($0 Banked)
    User Name Style Change
    Didn't this JUST happen a few months ago?

Oh yeah, the dude who played for the pelicans that was killed. Damn near verbatim

• Ether Ether x 1
  18. StringerBell

StringerBell Prominent Member

ABW Bucks:
    $245,705
    ABW Bucks:
    $245,705 ($0 Banked)

• Cosign Cosign x 3
  19. Elzo69Renaissance

Elzo69Renaissance Captain of Team X-Bladez 2018 Wackest Poster of the Year

ABW Bucks:
    $195,740
    ABW Bucks:
    $195,740 ($0 Banked)
    This reads like he was giving her the Mandingo recently dumped her for a black queen or cut her off she went to his apt either drunk or not tried to get back w him or asked why he dumped he told her to beat it she emotionally pulled out the hammer ...,body bagged him and we are here now

• Cosign Cosign x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  20. SneakDZA

SneakDZA The Greasy Strangler

ABW Bucks:
    $106,938
    ABW Bucks:
    $106,938 ($0 Banked)
    Are you joking or are you really adding all these speculative details as if it's a plausible theory?

• Ether Ether x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1