Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

The Lonious Monk

Celestial Souljah
2001 just edged out No Way Out. Next up:

UGK_Ridin%27_Dirty_1996.jpg

or

8Ball_%26_MJG_-_In_Our_Lifetime%2C_Vol._1.jpg

I like both, but I like 8Ball and MJG's general sound better. Also, the skits on Ridin' Dirty are annoying. They are that kind that are embedded in the track so you can't even skip them.

I like both, but I like 8Ball and MJG's general sound better. Also, the skits on Ridin' Dirty are annoying. They are that kind that are embedded in the track so you can't even skip them.

I've always said that skits ruin albums.

Once you've heard a skit once or twice there's no reason to listen to it again.

Having said that, I'm not voting because I haven't heard either album.

I've always said that skits ruin albums.

Once you've heard a skit once or twice there's no reason to listen to it again.

Having said that, I'm not voting because I haven't heard either album.

I don't think skits ruin albums. I agree with you that once you heard them once or twice, they are no reason to listen. That said, we're not in the tape era anymore. Most skits are easy to skip, and hell if you have most of your catalog in mp3 format like me, you can just take the skits away altogether. That said, Ridin Dirty is one of the exceptions. The skits are actually part of the song tracks, and that does ruin the album for me a bit. Like I legit don't listen to it as much as I probably would if those skits weren't there.

I don't think skits ruin albums. I agree with you that once you heard them once or twice, they are no reason to listen. That said, we're not in the tape era anymore. Most skits are easy to skip, and hell if you have most of your catalog in mp3 format like me, you can just take the skits away altogether. That said, Ridin Dirty is one of the exceptions. The skits are actually part of the song tracks, and that does ruin the album for me a bit. Like I legit don't listen to it as much as I probably would if those skits weren't there.

Yeah, a lot of Wu-Tang albums have skits that ruin the album. Only Built For Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords would have been better without the skits.

Yeah, a lot of Wu-Tang albums have skits that ruin the album. Only Built For Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords would have been better without the skits.

I gotta disagree with that especially for OB4CL. Sure, we all skip the skits now, but back when it came out, the skits were talked about as much as the songs. They what made it a cohesive concept album as opposed to just a collection of songs like most albums.

I gotta disagree with that especially for OB4CL. Sure, we all skip the skits now, but back when it came out, the skits were talked about as much as the songs. They what made it a cohesive concept album as opposed to just a collection of songs like most albums.

I still have the CD of Only Built For Cuban Linx. And of course I have my favorite songs from that album on mp3 on my computer.

I can make a playlist of my favorite songs from that album, but I can't put the CD in and play it all the way through. It's actually painful to listen to that CD.

I still have the CD of Only Built For Cuban Linx. And of course I have my favorite songs from that album on mp3 on my computer.

I can make a playlist of my favorite songs from that album, but I can't put the CD in and play it all the way through. It's actually painful to listen to that CD.

Yeah, I think you're just anti-skit, which is ok. I like the way the skits flow on albums like OB4CL and GKMC. They are part of the storytelling.

lol Damn my nigga. You can't go give the albums a listen? Broaden your horizons.

I was 20 and 23 respectively when these joints came out...and since I missed them when they were new, I damn sure don’t wanna hear some dated bullshit lol

And for tha record my horizons have broadened significantly since my youth....pause...lol

I was 20 and 23 respectively when these joints came out...and since I missed them when they were new, I damn sure don’t wanna hear some dated bullshit lol

And for tha record my horizons have broadened significantly since my youth....pause...lol

lol I guess. I don't know how you can call the albums dated bullshit without listening to them. That's not really how music works. Shit isn't bad just because its old.

Back