Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY DA ABW GRILL MASTERS LOUNGE

I made a mistake and used way too many mesquite chunks one time tryna do something different and smoke some chicken. It's oily and that flavor was too strong. Gave it a bitter taste.

sounds like you either smoked it for too long or put it on too early and let it absorb all that nasty white smoke we were talking about earlier

again, ive only used mesquite a handful of times....it probably pairs good with something lighter like apple

sounds like you either smoked it for too long or put it on too early and let it absorb all that nasty white smoke we were talking about earlier

again, ive only used mesquite a handful of times....it probably pairs good with something lighter like apple

Probably. After that i only have used pecan, hickory, or apple.

Gas grills will never be able to fuck with charcoal grills. Even without a gas taste the flavor that added from charcoal can't be replicated.

Last year I just bought a big ass trailer grill hook that shit to the trailer hitch and can pull up anywhere and just start grillin. It's similar to this
51JDUBbHxNL.jpg

I threw some bacon on the grill while cookin burgers 3 weeks ago. Yeah you can definitely taste the difference wit charcoal vs gas. Bacon tasted so much better.

I cooked a tomahawk steak 2 weeks ago. Took pics but I think deleted them. Shyt came out real good.

Just make sure you don't have shit else to do that day. A proper brisket takes time especially if its a nice size one

Exactly.

My s/o tried to pick up some while we was in the store a few days ago. I was plannin to grill that day. As soon as she picked it up, I told her..."Uhh...naw. I would have to start cookin that early in the morning."

I wanna do it, but I know its gonna be an all day affair wit that.

Exactly.

My s/o tried to pick up some while we was in the store a few days ago. I was plannin to grill that day. As soon as she picked it up, I told her..."Uhh...naw. I would have to start cookin that early in the morning."

I wanna do it, but I know its gonna be an all day affair wit that.

2 hrs per lb of meat if you're going low and slow (225 to 250)

ya'll saw that 17lb boy??

I put shit like that on around midnight or 1am for late lunch/dinner the next day

you're trying to get a brisket up to like 201 internally, and then its gotta rest for at least an hour

I did a 20 lb pork butt that went slightly faster because you can crank the heat up on them without hurting it

Glad y'all boys bumped this thread

I'ma be in here soaking up game. I'm trying to get a grill after I make some patio furniture to have somewhere to sit and chill

2 hrs per lb of meat if you're going low and slow (225 to 250)

ya'll saw that 17lb boy??

I put shit like that on around midnight or 1am for late lunch/dinner the next day

you're trying to get a brisket up to like 201 internally, and then its gotta rest for at least an hour

I did a 20 lb pork butt that went slightly faster because you can crank the heat up on them without hurting it

noted-ryan-the-office.gif

What y’all using for spritz besides regular apple juice?

Wife’s cousin got a lil mix he use but he act like he ain’t wanna say what was in it.

Another question: any of y’all use a binder on y’all ribs before putting on the dry rub? I’ve heard 2 different schools of thought on this

You can use what you like but water based condiments are better than oil or anything thick imo

I use a spicy mustard but the plain works too

Some people do stuff like honey but i think that seals the smoke out....i do that type of stuff at the end

You can use what you like but water based condiments are better than oil or anything thick imo

I use a spicy mustard but the plain works too

Some people do stuff like honey but i think that seals the smoke out....i do that type of stuff at the end
Honey doesnt seal it out

The ribs I posted had a thin coat of honey on em

Back