Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY DA ABW GRILL MASTERS LOUNGE

20200712_200609.jpg

Threw a Smithfield pork loin and veggies on the grill.

Had lil bit of regular charcoal left, but i bought a new bag that were in broken up pieces. Didn't burn as hot as the others, but just enough to cook the pork loin. Think I might use those instead the next time I cook another one.

View attachment 315994

Threw a Smithfield pork loin and veggies on the grill.

Had lil bit of regular charcoal left, but i bought a new bag that were in broken up pieces. Didn't burn as hot as the others, but just enough to cook the pork loin. Think I might use those instead the next time I cook another one.
What kind of veggies in the basket

Aite so I ordered some wood chunks for grilling/smoking and they finally came in... looking for some advice on how to grill with these joints. Looking to grill/smoke some chicken mainly.

20200721_222529.jpg

You spos to soak these joints before using them right?

This the kind of grill I have

2727-1_Studio-Front.jpg

So far all the pros on here... I heat up the charcoal and then toss the soaked wood chunks on top of the hot coals?

Since my grill doesn't have one of those side drums should I keep the coals and wood chunks off to one side so the chicken doesn't isn't directly over the charcoal/wood and cook to quickly and it can smoke properly? Any advice would help.. obviously I dont know wtf im doing lol

Reactions: 1/2
You only soak wood chips. Chunks and logs you just set em on fire and let em burn. What you could do is a offset fire logs on one end meat on the other. Set logs up light em up let em ash over a little then put your meat on. Also if you can invest in a another thermometer cause you don't want to constantly keep opening it up to check your meat and what not.

Also certain wood does well with certain meats as they say use temp far as checking to seehow done it is. I used cherry on some wings...... let's just say I had to put em back out there luckily nobody got any before tasted em

You only soak wood chips. Chunks and logs you just set em on fire and let em burn. What you could do is a offset fire logs on one end meat on the other. Set logs up light em up let em ash over a little then put your meat on. Also if you can invest in a another thermometer cause you don't want to constantly keep opening it up to check your meat and what not.

Thanks for the info bruh.

So just burn the wood chunks and that's it? No charcoal needed at all?
Judging from the pic I posted I should just use the whole bag one time?

Thanks for the info bruh.

So just burn the wood chunks and that's it? No charcoal needed at all?
Judging from the pic I posted I should just use the whole bag one time?
Naw don't use the whole bag well you can depending on what you coooking and the length of time you'll be out there.
What I'll do is make a little pyramid then light it then surround with chunks of wood. Just so it'll catch and burn. Then just add as need.

But I also have a Oklahoma joe with the smoke box so I'll put everything in there then light it

Doing some coffee rubbed ribeye steaks and 1 jerk ribeye steak tomorrow or saturday

My order of coffee rub seasonings came in the other day... think ima try it on some chicken wings first to see what this shit talkin bout... then ima try it on a steak lol

My order of coffee rub seasonings came in the other day... think ima try it on some chicken wings first to see what this shit talkin bout... then ima try it on a steak lol

Let me know how that go cause I never heard of coffee rub wings. Don't mean it won't be good cause I never heard of it.

Think I might smoke a jerk bone-in leg of lamb this weekend

Man them cast iron skillets are the truth, they the most universal skillet you can go to the stove, oven and over the fire and it won't hurt it a bit

Back