Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY CYOL : SEASON 1 SignUp

Mooney what time is this starting ? I'm in London England so I may miss the first auction. Hopefully y'all don't drop all the best artists in the first auction. Space shit out so we can have additional auctions !!!

I think this game I'm only looking for Drake. I've had virtually everyone but now I'm hoping I can bring a ring home with the home team.
The wave I'm introducing wont have an auction..the future seasons will adapt that concept back.

Theme 1 (My Artist of choice)
Build me a Jay Z album consisting of his discography. Songs are first come first serve so two ppl can’t use ‘Song Cry’. If someone has a song u got but you didn’t submit your albums u gotta change playlists up.

Theme 2 (R&B album, your choice)
Build me a R&B album ;use who ever you want(same headline can’t be used twice,but can be as a featured as much as ppl want). Label features and producers but the album has to make sense in correlation to artist chosen...

Theme 3 (male or female duo, your choice)
Build me a Duo hip hop ;use who ever you want(same group can’t be used twice as a headline , but can be as a feature also you can pair a person with another ie prodigy x alchemist). Label features and producers but the album has to make sense in correlation to artist chosen...

Theme 4 (DJ host album, your choice)
Build me a DJ album use who ever you want. Label features and producers but the album has to make sense in correlation to artist chosen...
(Like The way DJ Khaled, Tone Touch or Dj Envy and Clue did) a DJ host can be used more than once.

Theme 5 (Fallen solider album, your choice)
Build me a posthumous album; use who want (same person can’t be used twice as a headline, but can be as a feature)

CYOL CRITERIA : Due Date : October 5th!
1st place: 5 Million
2nd place: 2.5 Million
Participants: 1 million
Judges: 2 Million
  1. Create a label name and logo!

*Sales: which label and projects presented will sell the most:
so everyone has to PM me 5 release dates one per album, if you and another person pick the same date you’ll only get the base units... since it’s a competition y’all cancel out.​
based on the 2020 calendar that’s how I’ll generate sales by week.​
Monday dates are needed (There will be a undisclosed bonus once I get all dates)​
Each week represents 100,000 units​
Five straight weeks gives album gold status​
Base units are 100k​

*Replay value and Lengths aka Longevity: which albums will still be spun in the long run
Album length and album cohesion plays hand in hand​

*Critical Acclaim: which label is likely to release classic or dope albums that garner critical acclaim
(this feature will usher in the mic system, mimicking the source magazine)
Judges and myself will deliberate and provide the mics for your drops!​

*Cohesion: which label(albums) is most cohesive with artists who are complimentary
now this is where its gets tricks with an open variety​
everyone on your label needs to make sense with theme 2/3/4 (tied in themes)​

*Album covers: which label has the better album covers
Good covers inhibit great promotion, what covers are aesthetically appealing and memorable​

*(same person can’t be used twice as a feature, but can be as a featured on any project)
^If I chose Jz, everyone else can use him as a feature. I have sole rights to him as a main artist for the particular theme.​

Thanks for participating. This is only season:1 so as it evolves the themes, features and overall play ability will change
(Draft system will reincorporated in future seasons)

Good Luck and please ask questions and give input...

Last edited:
@MJ DOOM
CYOL CRITERIA : Due Date : November 5th!

so everyone has to PM me 5 release dates one per album, if you and another person pick the same date you’ll only get the base units... since it’s a competition y’all cancel out.​
Monday dates are needed (There will be a undisclosed bonus once I get all dates)​
Base units are 100k​

*Replay value and Lengths aka Longevity: which albums will still be spun in the long run

*Critical Acclaim: which label is likely to release classic or dope albums that garner critical acclaim

*Cohesion: which label(albums) is most cohesive with artists who are complimentary

Good covers inhibit great promotion, what covers are aesthetically appealing and memorable​

*(same person can’t be used twice as a feature, but can be as a featured on any project)
^If I chose Jz, everyone else can use him as a feature. I have sole rights to him as a main artist for the particular theme.​

Thanks for participating. This is only season:1 so as it evolves the themes, features and overall play ability will change

I do suggest that the sooner you post the best shot u have at retaining a certain artist!

Nov. 5 is my birthday :celebrate:

I like your new concept @Mooney
Happy Early Bday BHL
Thank you ma. Took a lot of thought and planning to try and make this right for y’all.

Hopefully I get the proper participation and feedback so I can make season 2 that much better.

CYOL CRITERIA : Due Date : November 5th!

Base units are 100k​

Edit on the date though guys. OCTOBER 5 is the due not NOVEMBER. I’ll allow only one extension if requested.

Theme 1 (My Artist of choice)
Build me a Jay Z album consisting of his discography. Songs are first come first serve so two ppl can’t use ‘Song Cry’. If someone has a song u got but you didn’t submit your albums u gotta change playlists up.

Theme 2 (R&B album, your choice)
Build me a R&B album ;use who ever you want(same headline can’t be used twice,but can be as a featured as much as ppl want). Label features and producers but the album has to make sense in correlation to artist chosen...

Theme 3 (male or female duo, your choice)
Build me a Duo hip hop ;use who ever you want(same group can’t be used twice as a headline , but can be as a feature also you can pair a person with another ie prodigy x alchemist). Label features and producers but the album has to make sense in correlation to artist chosen...

Theme 4 (DJ host album, your choice)
Build me a DJ album use who ever you want. Label features and producers but the album has to make sense in correlation to artist chosen...
(Like The way DJ Khaled, Tone Touch or Dj Envy and Clue did) a DJ host can be used more than once.

Theme 5 (Fallen solider album, your choice)
Build me a posthumous album; use who want (same person can’t be used twice as a headline, but can be as a feature)

I need clarification on a couple of these.

@ theme 2

When you say "same headline can't be used twice" , do you mean the same artist can't be used twice as the main artist? So it can't be a full Usher album, there can only be one song with Usher as the main artist?

@ theme 3

You say "same headline can't be used twice" , does that mean a different duo has to be used on every song?

Back