Welcome To aBlackWeb

CYOL 2019: Ibex Vs Mooney

Let me preface this by saying.......I didnt judge the label as a whole at all. All them artist and only a handful gets used? Rubbish.

I got Ibex winning in Sales, Longevity and Critical Acclaim.

Mooney albums are more cohesive. Particularly Lox, Jada, and East

Covers are a tie. Some dope ones, some duds. Favorite is the Rihanna and Post Malone. Travis and Lox dope also

Winner: Ibex

My vote Mooney

I loved Ibex’s vision for his albums but they didn’t seem realistic to me. Cole and Miguel produced by Miguel.....nah lol

Mooney, I wanted a better Dave East album especially using Nip as inspiration :foh10:

But everybody did great!

IF thats it, Good Luck in the next round, If you need a help with anything PM me

RESPECT bro you getting better each games. I had a cold ass Gucci Mane cover I never used from the old games I was gonna slide you if you advanced

@Ibex

I had already sent it to @Mooney cause he asked for a PM

2019 CYOL

IBEX VS MOONEY

As far as Longevity goes I gotta give it to Ibex. His roster has a lot of young fresh talents who have already started to show their staying power with artist like Miguel, Wale, Rihanna, J.Cole, Jhene and even Travis Scott. I dont see any of them going anywhere any time soon. Meanwhile Mooney label has a mixture of artist. He has some seasoned vets with a couple of newer talents sprinkled throughout his roster. I feel like he he hurt himself by signing too many old heads and I say that because we don't know how much longer these guys are gonna be putting out music and touring & not only that but when it comes to some of his younger, new artist you really have to ask yourself are they really here to stay? or are they just a flash in the pan? (Ex: Meg the Stallion, Young MA, G-Eazy, Dave East)

Future Sales - Ibex takes this one as well. Just look at his label. Its made up of all the artist who are "hot" right now to the public and quite a few of them have already put up impressive numbers with past projects. Not only that but if we were to break it down and look at the projects presented then he still has this category locked down. Once again I feel like Mooney hurt himself with his heavy focus on older artist because a lot of these guys no one is checking for anymore and of the projects that hes presented us with I feel like the Post Malone one is the only one that stands a chance of moving units.

Critically Acclaim - Ibex. Once again it comes down to the rosters. With his artist having time on their side he stands the better chance of one or more of them netting a critically acclaim project.

Cohesion - This is a category that can't be won with age & "whats hot today"& with that said Mooney takes this one. His label as a whole is a melting pot of artist but if you break them down into categories then its easy to see just how well they mesh together & it leaves you with endless possibilites when it comes to projects. Lloyd Banks & Dave East, Fabolous & Dave East. Fab & Lloyd Banks. The Lox & Wu-Tang, A$AP Mob & Wu-Tang, etc.. etc. The project possibilities are endless. Then you got Jeezy, Gucci, Killer Mike.... Young Thug, Megan the Stallion. Yea bruh, you definitely took this one.

Album Covers - Ibex. Theres really not much to say other than his covers just look more professional. Which is to be expected because hes a veteran in the game & his covers look like something that the artist might actually use on an actual project. I will say @Mooney that you've gotten better with your designs. I fucks w/ the Jadakiss & Post Malone joints. Your other 3 covers look a lil rushed & i'm not really feeling the font selections. Not trying to knock you but them shits look like those various artist mixtapes that the neighborhood CD man used to sell 3 for $10.

Overall Winner:

Ibex. He held no punches in this first round match up. The nigga came out swinging & i almost wanna say its unfair to Mooney since he doesn't have as much experience but I know that the match ups were randomly chosen.

I know i lost and everyone is asking about judging criteria @Chi-town B you should have given the criteria list at least so its visible and the judges know what to expect..

If yall want in depth analysis dont rush the judging

Impatient ungrateful ass niggas

@Mooney this is the criteria

Sales: which label and projects presented will sell the most

Longevity: which label will still be making music in the long run

Critical Acclaim: which label is likely to release classic or dope albums that garner critical acclaim

Cohesion: which label is most cohesive with artists who are complimentary

Album covers: which label has the better album covers
Good to know, I wanna host CYOL next so I need all this necessary info

Track listing is also part of the album cover category. Should be weighted the same as covers.
Track listing into cohesion for me

I could carelessly what yall 30+label look like, them features and producer credits better make sense tho.

Miguel and Cole produced by Cole makes sense. NoID and Jay Elect.....nah.

Back