Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cutting off friends who are deadbeat parents

loud-ninja

Here to point out the illogical
Say you have a friend, female or male, and they abandoned their kid/s. You have been friends with them for years and y'all are cool. You find out that he/she doesn't support their kid/s and doesn't even hang around them. This deadbeat parent does nothing for them. But you see this deadbeat at parties, bars, with other women or men. You see them with other friends. They work. Not involved with any crime. They just don't like their babymother/father. The deadbeat even calls you up and still wants to hang out. What would you do in this situation? Would you cut your friend off? Or would you still be cool with them? Would you help out the other parent with the kids if they are struggling?

I'd give them the honest truth about their situation.

But that's their situation. I'm not gonna obsesses over their short comings like I'm perfect. But I wouldn't hold back either if the topic came up.

I've never been in the habit of making grown adults do shit they clearly don't want to do.

If you don't wanna be in your kids life, that's your business. Just don't complain to me about shit and expect me to be on your side if you foul af.

If they can handle that truth. Then we can still be friends. But when you keep it honest with people about shit like that, they tend to distance themselves for you

What they do or don't do ain't none of my concern but it wouldn't stop me from still being friends if they were deadbeats

Naw, I don't think I could be friends with that person. I would have a real talk with them. If they need help and want my help, I don't mind. But if they don't care about what I'm saying, then i dont need to be around them. If you can abandon your own kids, I can't respect you. If I can't respect you as a person, why would I want to be around you.

I'm not doing it everytime this person would go out with me all ima think about is how you ain't raising your kid or kids and I'm participating in you not being around

i would probably distance myself

you cant be outchea ignoring the lives you created and think i'ma be quiet about it. I'm not judging, but i will hold him accountable and even help him try to navigate his situation, but i aint gon just sit there while he out popping bottles and shit while his BM gotta beg him to spend time with his seed

You knew the type of person they were before a kid came into the picture, you just ignored it until it was something that you didn't agree with.

You knew the type of person they were before a kid came into the picture, you just ignored it until it was something that you didn't agree with.
ehhhh

i can see how you came to this conclusion, but this isnt always the case

I'd your not doing anything to help the situation why judge.

People will tear their own people down about some shit that doesn't concern them before even considering a way to lift them up cause "it's not their problem" lol

Hate to change subjects,...

But do you feel the same about homies who cheat on their wives when you cool with their family...

Like their kids call you uncle, and his wife consider you a brother, and your boy got hella chicks on the side neglecting the fuck outta home....

The older I get the more that will Smith quote about your circle reflecting who you are rings true. I've outgrown most of the niggas I grew up with and not just from a financial standpoint but from a mental perspective and that includes shit like being a deadbeat.

609badff-4849-44be-ab09-08522486b3be_text.gif

I'd your not doing anything to help the situation why judge.
If they don't want your help and don't even care, not much you can do. I have helped a friend out that had the baby father abandon them. I have never met a person who did the abandoning before. But if they accepted my help, I would give it.

Back