Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Criticizing Each Other In Public or Private

Fair to criticise each other in the public eye?

• Total voters
Wrong is wrong and I don't see the point in looking like an idiot for trying to defend somebody who clearly in the wrong. That's how you end up being associated with some real questionable shit

I think we need to make a thread about this.
Some people are successful and don't help.
Some people are successful and help.
Some people offer advice and some don't to watch you fall.
Some hate how others move because they jealous.
Some hate how others move because they can fuck it up for those after them.

You can see kat as hating or critizing. He was sticking up for his folk like Kevin sticking up for Tiff.
Kat shit on Tiff to spotlight his folk. Kev shit on katt to spotlight Tiff.

Crab in a barrel? Maybe not so fast with that accusation.

Can you help people and criticize others? Can you want people to step it up?

This needs a thread....I don't know how to word it to start.
@Goldie @AP21 @Chicity
Help a nigga out.

to answer the question...this is tough b/c a lot of times we want to take care of shit behind the scenes in an effort to show unity, but we get attacked in public and there is something that make you feel like you gotta stand up for yourself

there are people always saying they dont pocket watch, yet bring up someones finances when trying to take shots at them....idk man

It's difficult because sometimes niggas need to hear about themselves but other races don't publicly chastise their own, then black on black criticism is so often seen as justification for white racism

I say you should be sure your criticisms aren't unfounded b4 u go in, meaning do a lil research.

Secondly, calling out other brothers should be kept in private if possible but if it's someone like Whitlock or barkley or shaq or paris that has a platform and sez coon shit.
Then it's ok to call em coons on similar platforms

I feel like we throw around crabs in a barrel too fast and sometimes not quick enough.
This is when people like @5th Letter makes sense saying we need a code.

If we had a code then we would know that we are coming from a place of helping...not hating. But we could also be able to better see who's hating because they don't have a legit reason to hate.
We are quick to support the loudest fly by night dude with a shitty plan. Yet we are quiet when proven and knowledgeable people come thru.

Why is that?

It's difficult because sometimes niggas need to hear about themselves but other races don't publicly chastise their own, then black on black criticism is so often seen as justification for white racism
Ok...
Nigga you drink too much.
Now when I come back thru...drinks on me.

Kinda like that?

I feel like we throw around crabs in a barrel too fast and sometimes not quick enough.
This is when people like @5th Letter makes sense saying we need a code.

If we had a code then we would know that we are coming from a place of helping...not hating. But we could also be able to better see who's hating because they don't have a legit reason to hate.
We are quick to support the loudest fly by night dude with a shitty plan. Yet we are quiet when proven and knowledgeable people come thru.

Why is that?

Problem with the word hating these days is.... you could have legit disagreements, difference of opinions or even constructive criticisms and be labled a "hater".

Then the whole conversation goes out the window because aint nobody trying to have a real conversation or discussion with a "hater"

Problem with the word hating these days is.... you could have legit disagreements, difference of opinions or even constructive criticisms and be labled a "hater".

Then the whole conversation goes out the window because aint nobody trying to have a real conversation or discussion with a "hater"
I know...I hate that shit.
If you self someone fucking up an speak on it...you a hater.

I.e. lavar ball and @Beta and @Negro Caesar

I say you should be sure your criticisms aren't unfounded b4 u go in, meaning do a lil research.

Secondly, calling out other brothers should be kept in private if possible but if it's someone like Whitlock or barkley or shaq or paris that has a platform and sez coon shit.
i agree with this approach

C/S. 95% of it should be kept behind closed doors.

C/S. 95% of it should be kept behind closed doors.
Good idea...

But some people only respond to public lashes. Cuz then the onus is on them...someone told you and either you listened or you didn't.

But lash from a good place

Public shame has its uses, but most situations don't actually require it. Shame should be used when other ways of influencing behaviour are not available or do not work.

A woman who loudly asks "did you just grope my fucking breast?!" in public when a man invades her space is using shame and social policing to compensate for the physical differences between men and women. Rich people who outright avoid prison or other punishments can be dragged through the mud to make up for it. Unless it's a case similar to those, the lesson can and probably should be given privately.

Niggas was actin like they should have got 40 acres and a mule when Obama was elected..... Free Government cheese, Section 8,ebt cards, government phones, nigga s thought that he was only suppose ta cater ta then .... and when he didn't some were like "he didn't do enough fa us" it's our responsibility as black men and women ta do for ourselves..... But we unfortunately have those shiftless negros that want everything handed ta them

This has probly been said already but I feel like if you came at me publicly then I have every right to address you publicly. And on the flip if you came at me publicly and we dead it you also better apologize to me publicly. Don't wile out on me for the world to see then text me or call to say you sorry.

I also don't feel like it's automatically bad to say things in public. Our intellects and academics like WEB Dubois and booker t Washington used to air their beef out in columns in the paper and shit lol. Like if you feel a way about something and you in the moment of a conversation you not gonna stop to call a nigga to tell em you have a problem....you just gon say the shit and let tell he chips fall wherever they land.

Unless of course if it's something you would never say to the person....like don't be pussy about it. And on the katt/Tiffany subject, I feel like katt woulda had no problems saying the shit he said on the radio to Tiffany or Monique.

That Terry Cruz shit made me think of this thread once again.... while Cruz didn't directly criticize Gabrielle Union... it could be said that he undermined her whole struggle with those comments he made.

Thoughts?

Back