Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Criticizing Each Other In Public or Private

Fair to criticise each other in the public eye?

• Total voters
So I been looking around a few threads on here this afternoon... for those of yall that voted to keep shit in house.....

Yall frown upon going on public platforms to roast Tyrone that stole a buncha scholarship/grant money?
Yall aint going on no public platforms to roast this nigga R. Kelly who is accused of grooming underaged sex pets out here?

jus askin.....

and how do we feel about people/celebs/public figures that have a larger platform than us regular folks speaking on shit like THIS

So I been looking around a few threads on here this afternoon... for those of yall that voted to keep shit in house.....

Yall frown upon going on public platforms to roast Tyrone that stole a buncha scholarship/grant money?
Yall aint going on no public platforms to roast this nigga R. Kelly who is accused of grooming underaged sex pets out here?

jus askin.....

and how do we feel about people/celebs/public figures that have a larger platform than us regular folks speaking on shit like THIS
I’m saying I wouldn’t go on a white platform to thrash Tyrone. And I wouldn’t thrash R Kelly on a white platform especially considering how they cape for their deviants. They’ll talk down on Kelly but then stay quiet when one of their own get caught up.

I’m saying I wouldn’t go on a white platform to thrash Tyrone. And I wouldn’t thrash R Kelly on a white platform especially considering how they cape for their deviants. They’ll talk down on Kelly but then stay quiet when one of their own get caught up.

see this is where I have legit gripes with keeping things in house... when folks are CLEARLY wrong...we cant say shit about them in public?

That being said.. are Twitter, Facebook, Instagram considered "white platforms"?

Sure there's "black twitter" and all that... but white folks can still see that shit...

see this is where I have legit gripes with keeping things in house... when folks are CLEARLY wrong...we cant say shit about them in public?

That being said.. are Twitter, Facebook, Instagram considered "white platforms"?

Sure there's "black twitter" and all that... but white folks can still see that shit...
Twitter is social media. You can use your own twitter account and say whatever you want. There’s a difference between jumping in a thread on twitter to joke on Tyrone amongst other black people. Than it is jumping in a thread with whites spewing coded racist language.

For R Kelly it’s kinda the same principle. I’m not going to speak ill about him amongst whites despite his deviant behavior. But among black people let’s have at it.

Twitter is social media. You can use your own twitter account and say whatever you want. There’s a difference between jumping in a thread on twitter to joke on Tyrone amongst other black people. Than it is jumping in a thread with whites spewing coded racist language.

For R Kelly it’s kinda the same principle. I’m not going to speak ill about him amongst whites despite his deviant behavior. But among black people let’s have at it.

Sure its social media and you can say whats on your mind...that's the whole point...... but we have to at least respect and understand the fact that COLLECTIVE thought has an impact.

One celeb can say some shit in public against/about someone and that shit can go far(lets use the Tiffany Haddish/Monique example)

I'm not going to sit here and act like 400,000 people with no connection to each other..... who are just "expressing their(similar) thoughts on social media" doesnt have a similar effect.

Sure its social media and you can say whats on your mind...that's the whole point...... but we have to at least respect and understand the fact that COLLECTIVE thought has an impact.

One celeb can say some shit in public against/about someone and that shit can go far(lets use the Tiffany Haddish/Monique example)

I'm not going to sit here and act like 400,000 people with no connection to each other..... who are just "expressing their(similar) thoughts on social media" doesnt have a similar effect.
You’re arguing a different point than me

You’re arguing a different point than me

Yeah I went a bit left on that rant...lol

But at the same time...

one person jumping in a thread to joke on Tyrone is different than 400,000 people jumping in a thread to joke on Tyrone..... so the point about collective thought still stands no? Whether its a "black twitter" thread or a racist thread

Yeah I went a bit left on that rant...lol

But at the same time...

one person jumping in a thread to joke on Tyrone is different than 400,000 people jumping in a thread to joke on Tyrone..... so the point about collective thought still stands no? Whether its a "black twitter" thread or a racist thread
I’m just saying that I wouldn’t join in with whites that talk down on black people.

I’m just saying that I wouldn’t join in with whites that talk down on black people.

Ah ok I hear ya fam... but would you feel any type of way about black folks talking down on other black folks in a public setting when it's actually warranted? Famous/Platform or not

Ah ok I hear ya fam... but would you feel any type of way about black folks talking down on other black folks in a public setting when it's actually warranted? Famous/Platform or not
Depends on the platform, but for the most part yes.

Do you understand the concept of exceptions to the rule? Since I wasn’t particularly debating anyone I didn’t feel the need to specifically say “there are exceptions”. There is nothing in life that is 100% absolute, there will be exceptions but for the most part whites do not go on black platforms to slander other whites. And using suspect people like Tim Wise and Jane Elliott doesn’t necessarily strengthen your argument but that’s another discussion.

lol Yes, I understand exceptions. Clearly you don't understand that throughout my posts I've been saying your so called rule is crap. All the bullshit aside. You and others in here believe that blacks shouldn't openly criticize each other, especially on white owned platforms. Fine, that's your opinion. However, you took it further by suggesting that blacks should just deflect questions to avoid being critical and then claimed that whites don't typically criticize other whites when on black platforms. I'm saying that is bullshit. Now, you're right, me posting those videos doesn't really prove you wrong, but it certainly shows more evidence for my claims than you have shown for yours.

Here's my issue with that..how come no one addressed this with the Congressional Black Caucus that was already there b4 he even became president?

Where was Tavis and Professor West at with their criticism? The main issue I had with them is the fact that they came off as if they were hatin more than criticizing.

Like so many others claiming "pro-black, conscious" etc..they were using i.e., exploiting our struggle to justify their PERSONAL beef,resentment and jealousy

lol Yes, I understand exceptions. Clearly you don't understand that throughout my posts I've been saying your so called rule is crap. All the bullshit aside. You and others in here believe that blacks shouldn't openly criticize each other, especially on white owned platforms. Fine, that's your opinion. However, you took it further by suggesting that blacks should just deflect questions to avoid being critical and then claimed that whites don't typically criticize other whites when on black platforms. I'm saying that is bullshit. Now, you're right, me posting those videos doesn't really prove you wrong, but it certainly shows more evidence for my claims than you have shown for yours.
Fuck all that are you a coon? Is this the hill you wanna die on? A couple weeks ago you claim that South Africans shouldn’t want their land back because they don’t know how to run a farm, and now you’re playing devils advocate for white people.

Fuck all that are you a coon? Is this the hill you wanna die on? A couple weeks ago you claim that South Africans shouldn’t want their land back because they don’t know how to run a farm, and now you’re playing devils advocate for white people.

Oh, the tried and true invocation of the word "coon" to try and make up for the inability to intelligently present your side. It's good to know that not everything from the IC is dead.

1) I'm not playing Devil's Advocate for whites, and if you think that's what I'm doing. You answered my question from before. You are an idiot. I don't believe that blacks need to be hit with unnecessary restrictions when it comes to debates with other blacks. You are the one that brought whites up as some kind of example for how blacks should behave. All I've done is call that example stupid. Nothing I've said is particularly supportive of whites.

2) Bringing up my stance in another topic and then twisting it the way you did is truly desperate and pathetic. I never said I didn't want the South Africans to get their land back. That's the exact opposite of what I said. I only suggested that they leverage the white farm land expertise while they reclaim their land and pointed out that they had already tried to just take it all back in both Zimbabwe and South Africa and failed. Once again, I used historical facts to support my side, and you guys just pull pie in the sky claims out of your asses and acted like that should have been enough.

Oh, the tried and true invocation of the word "coon" to try and make up for the inability to intelligently present your side. It's good to know that not everything from the IC is dead.

1) I'm not playing Devil's Advocate for whites, and if you think that's what I'm doing. You answered my question from before. You are an idiot. I don't believe that blacks need to be hit with unnecessary restrictions when it comes to debates with other blacks. You are the one that brought whites up as some kind of example for how blacks should behave. All I've done is call that example stupid. Nothing I've said is particularly supportive of whites.

2) Bringing up my stance in another topic and then twisting it the way you did is truly desperate and pathetic. I never said I didn't want the South Africans to get their land back. That's the exact opposite of what I said. I only suggested that they leverage the white farm land expertise while they reclaim their land and pointed out that they had already tried to just take it all back in both Zimbabwe and South Africa and failed. Once again, I used historical facts to support my side, and you guys just pull pie in the sky claims out of your asses and acted like that should have been enough.
Yeah you’re a coon.

Back