Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Criticizing Each Other In Public or Private

Fair to criticise each other in the public eye?

• Total voters
That Terry Cruz shit made me think of this thread once again.... while Cruz didn't directly criticize Gabrielle Union... it could be said that he undermined her whole struggle with those comments he made.

Thoughts?
The problem with that was that she was one of the ppl who publicly stood with him when he said he was groped by some exec. Now when she going through something he cant do the same. I always thought he was a clown anyway so this dont surprise me tho. *shrug*

That Terry Cruz shit made me think of this thread once again.... while Cruz didn't directly criticize Gabrielle Union... it could be said that he undermined her whole struggle with those comments he made.

Thoughts?
Not only did he undermine her he was signaling to the powers that be that hes a safe nigga that they can count on to be obedient

He prolly overdid it a bit. But honestly, I dunno what people wanted him to say. If you ask me if I've ever experienced any overt racism at a company, or whatever the fuck they asked him, and I HAVEN'T, I can't really say shit but, 'Me personally? No, I can't say that I've experienced anything like that while at this company.'. That's not necessarily publicly beefing with one another.

But yeah, in the interest of solidarity, I would've added something like 'But those are MY experiences. I'd never try to deny her experiences based on my own. Hopefully, all parties involved can figure this thing out, because we NEED Gabrielle Union on network TV 5 times a week!'...or whatever the fuck.

Last edited:
I feel like now is a good time to revisit this topic...

Fair game or nah to criticize each other on public platforms aka in front of company or sort that shit out privately/in house?

I'm Black.... you Black... we agree on MOST of things but there's certain shit you on.. or im on that we don't agree with all the way... Call it out publicly... or hash it out behind doors?

How yall feel about it?

have any of yalls stances changed?

I feel like now is a good time to revisit this topic...

Fair game or nah to criticize each other on public platforms aka in front of company or sort that shit out privately/in house?

I'm Black.... you Black... we agree on MOST of things but there's certain shit you on.. or im on that we don't agree with all the way... Call it out publicly... or hash it out behind doors?

How yall feel about it?

have any of yalls stances changed?

Keep it in the house if you can

Agreed... especially in these times we cant be arguing amongst ourselves when there are bigger battles to fight.

I'm all for keeping that shit in house if we can

And it’s better to keep it in house so we can actually discuss it. I can see divisions among us over this shit already. Looting vs not looting, system change from within via infiltration vs destroying the whole system period.

To me it depends on the situation

I’m not one of those friends that likes to emotionally coddle another friend whenever they do wrong..

If you do wrong and get caught, you need to be aired out, called out, maybe even smacked up as well…..and I’ll simply stand by and watch it happen without interference. Or be the one doing it if I’m the one that’s being wronged.

Some may see that as disloyalty. But it’s not. If you value your friend, they have to learn to carry their own because a lot of people do shit when they feel like they have the right people around them that can help them get away with their shit….the only people I’ll show more favoritism and sympathy towards are my wife and kids…not regular niggas I’m just “cool with”..

Loyalty should be an even scale…not someone leeching and using you as a “pick me up” when they don’t want to put in the effort to do better as well..

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
I think people should generally mind their own business unless it specifically pertains to them and their own interests.

However, when it comes to certain classes of people, like politicians, popular activists, celebrities...

You criticize them, chastise them, talk shit about them all you want because they are typically doing goofy shit in public and typically like to behave as if they are a representative of a group, organization or an identity, then you can criticize them in public.

Public criticism is a good thing because it sets a clear example for others not to follow. If you don't want to be criticized in public...then don't do anything public. Stay the fuck inside and out of the way. Criticism does not intrinsically mean division and factionalism. Criticism is really just a conversation. And I am not necessarily criticizing the person, but the action and reasoning behind the action.

I really don't care what other people do unless it impacts me. I don't care about other people's personal lives and shit to dig all up in it and air shit out.

You go out here and start doing goofy shit and it impacts me or you saying you doing on the behalf of me, I'ma say what I wanna say about you, I don't care if you Black, White, Male, Female.

People in my personal life, I am not all up in they business and shit, do what you want it, but if you ask my opinion and I tell you it's stupid and give you a thorough reason why it's stupid and you go do it...then shoulder shrug.

I’m not one of those friends that likes to emotionally coddle another friend whenever they do wrong..
If you do wrong and get caught, you need to be aired out, called out, maybe even smacked up as well…..and I’ll simply stand by and watch it happen without interference. Or be the one doing it if I’m the one that’s being wronged.

Some may see that as disloyalty. But it’s not. If you value your friend, they have to learn to carry their own because a lot of people do shit when they feel like they have the right people around them that can help them get away with their shit….the only people I’ll show more favoritism and sympathy towards are my wife and kids…not regular niggas I’m just “cool with”..

Loyalty should be an even scale…not someone leeching and using you as a “pick me up” when they don’t want to put in the effort to do better as well..

All of this can be done outside of the public eye

All of this can be done outside of the public eye

That’s why I said it depends on the situation and who’s involved…if 1 on 1 then yes it can be private

But if many people are affected and it gets to the point where the public is involved or needs to know…then it goes out for people to see as well

I once was cordial with someone like that. And everyone involved with that person was informed of his sneaky, snake ass ways

The bold is also a key because to me if you truly do consider somebody a friend or care about them then you wouldn't want them to be looking like a fool or idiot whether it's in private or public, but especially in public and they shouldn't want you looking like one either. Part of loyalty is protection, and sometimes part of protecting somebody is letting them know they're fucking up so they don't do keep making the same mistake.

The bold is also a key because to me if you truly do consider somebody a friend or care about them then you wouldn't want them to be looking like a fool or idiot whether it's in private or public, but especially in public and they shouldn't want you looking like one either. Part of loyalty is protection, and sometimes part of protecting somebody is letting them know they're fucking up so they don't do keep making the same mistake.

I agree. I wouldn’t want anyone I care about to look foolish either….but some people do it to themselves and have to get what they asked for.

Ever heard Proverb 27:6-7

“Open rebuke is better than secret love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful”

Back