Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Criticizing Each Other In Public or Private

Fair to criticise each other in the public eye?

• Total voters

Inori

NAWF
So this is a bit of a spinoff of the Monique/Tiffany Haddish thread...

As black men and women... do you take the stance, when it comes to our public figures..... that everything should be handled In house/privately and out of the view of the public.... or is it fair game to criticize each other in the media?

I used to have this debate with a homie of mine when they said they would never have criticized or said anything bad about Obama publicly... My stance at the time was... aint nobody above being criticized but they made the argument that... we as black folk already got the world against us.. the last thing we need is our own people piling on the criticism as well... that whole divide and conquer shit...

I can see the merit in both arguments... curious to see what yall think

If yall are tight then ofc I think shit should be discussed behind closed doors (ti should've did this with wayne cuz they were tight), but I doubt Haddish is tight with Monique, so going public is fair game imo.

If yall are tight then ofc I think shit should be discussed behind closed doors (ti should've did this with wayne cuz they were tight), but I doubt Haddish is tight with Monique, so going public is fair game imo.

What about the Obama example? White folks was gunning for dude and looking for anything to knock him or stain his character... Should we keep our criticisms of him in house or talk shit about him in the media and add to the chorus of people hating on him just off the fact that he's black?

What about the Obama example? White folks was gunning for dude and looking for anything to knock him or stain his character... Should we keep our criticisms of him in house or talk shit about him in the media and add to the chorus of people hating on him just off the fact that he's black?

Depends on what you consider "in house".

Going on a white platform to talk shit about obama or any black person? Hell no

Going on a black platform to talk about another black person? I'm cool with it.

If they are valid concerns, the man ain’t a gawd. I think to hold back on things you genuinely disagree about what he’s done. Is to elevate the opinion of white peoples above yours. As though just cause they say something you don’t want to add to it, cause their opinion already holds much weight. They can say what they want, fuck em.

Depends on what you consider "in house".

Going on a white platform to talk shit about obama or any black person? Hell no

Going on a black platform to talk about another black person? I'm cool with it.

I hear ya.. but these days even stuff thats on a black platform... it's still accessible to everyone else... and "they" can still use whatever is said on that platform against the person being talked about

I hear ya.. but these days even stuff thats on a black platform... it's still accessible to everyone else... and "they" can still use whatever is said on that platform against the person being talked about

It depends on what's being discussed. In most cases, the thing they're being criticized about is already public knowledge (monique crying about netflix, wayne about racism, etc)

The thing that popped the debate off was when Tavis Smiley and Cornell West was going in on Obama on some hating shit(IMO).... Me personally, I aint like how they was going at Obama in public like that... at the same time... I'm like if dude legit does something that I don't agree with... I shouldn't have to keep that to myself simply because we're both black and I dont want to add to the chorus of people trying to tear the first black president down.

The thing that popped the debate off was when Tavis Smiley and Cornell West was going in on Obama on some hating shit(IMO).... Me personally, I aint like how they was going at Obama in public like that... at the same time... I'm like if dude legit does something that I don't agree with... I shouldn't have to keep that to myself simply because we're both black and I dont want to add to the chorus of people trying to tear the first black president down.

So let's say his first term goes by and he has yet to do anything beneficial for the black community, how long do we wait before somebody speaks up or do we wait till he's no longer in office cuz he's black?

So let's say his first term goes by and he has yet to do anything beneficial for the black community, how long do we wait before somebody speaks up or do we wait till he's no longer in office cuz he's black?

I follow the logic... the question is......so do we voice our disappointment in house and amongst ourselves?

Or do we go on twitter, facebook, cnn, msnbc, fox news and voice our disappointment? Knowing that no matter what venue/outlet we choose to voice that disappointment(other than internal shit) .... it will be added to the chorus of folks trying to bring that man down by any means

If it's an issue b/t and my s/o...then it's b/t me & my s/o. I don't do that whole "go runteldat" do it in public type deal when it comes to criticism against each other.

Any detailed family issues stay in house.

I follow the logic... the question is......so do we voice our disappointment in house and amongst ourselves?

Or do we go on twitter, facebook, cnn, msnbc, fox news and voice our disappointment? Knowing that no matter what venue/outlet we choose to voice that disappointment(other than internal shit) .... it will be added to the chorus of folks trying to bring that man down by any means
if you have my number...hit me up

dont go to twitter AT ALL imo

there are times though someone might legit use that as an alternative if they've exhausted ALL other methods

Back