Welcome To aBlackWeb

CrashCourse: Black American History

You don't fucks with John Green? I like the world and US courses he presented I thought they were very engagin'

Yep, that World History playlist is probably better than 99% of the World History lessons that U.S. students get in their entire time in K-12. Same with the US courses too to be honest.

Yep, basically pointed out that keeping slaves was part of the reason for the Revolutionary War.

Bruh can you imagine a 500 dollar fine for helping a escaped enslaved person in the 1770s?!...

That's basically like $750,000 today

smh cac Washington was butt hurt cuz his en slaved young girl escaped. cac wanted her back but didnt wanna make a big "thing" about. Cuz of the optics

Bruh can you imagine a 500 dollar fine for helping a escaped enslaved person in the 1770s?!...

That's basically like $750,000 today

smh cac Washington was butt hurt cuz his en slaved young girl escaped. cac wanted her back but didnt wanna make a big "thing" about. Cuz of the optics

His whole mind state goes to show how crazy they were back then. Dude really couldn't understand why she would run away. He thought that since they treated her nice for a slave that she would be happy being someone else's property. That's wild.

giphy.gif

People are missing out if they aren't checking these. This is the shit that should be taught in schools.
Nah, I'm checking this out.

What's crazy is the first time I learned about the revolt in Louisiana was from a white boy on YouTube named Atun-Shei. It was nice to get a more familiar perspective.

Not saying the white boy didn't do it justice, but you know.

Back