Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Could You Date Someone With A Different Political POV?

I have, we tried to keep politics out of the relationship as long as we could but when the elections came up in '92 we ended up arguing and just figured it wouldn't work.

We fucked off and on until I went back to school the following fall. I can remember seeing her once since then but that's it.

If neither of us are radicalized or judgmental then yea.

I have real small patience for "the other side is always wrong/we're always right" and it doesnt matter what side u claim

Romantic relationships or otherwise when anyone ever pushed me to talk politics ill make em name one thing their party did terribly wrong and one thing the other did well. If they cant answer those simple questions the convo ends and never begins again. "Lets not waste each others time"

And it really has nothing to do with politics but might display a lot of ignorance/hypocrism which is a huge turn off.

Depends....If we're talking about major political differences? Right-wing populism = My answer is no. Sex is another story though. If I find her attractive I can sleep with her but not date.

ay mane.....ima tell yall sumn

i was disappointed like everybody else when news of this election came out.....hurt even

then this idea....this situation hit me......my wife and all her fam voted

I thought on it for a long time, weighing the outcomes of either answer....and ultimately decided that I didnt want to know who they voted for

still dont know til this day and I think we'll keep it that way

i grew up in a house split by football teams and cigarette brands, my grandparents went to different churches

this shit is heavier than that lol

I have, we tried to keep politics out of the relationship as long as we could but when the elections came up in '92 we ended up arguing and just figured it wouldn't work.

We fucked off and on until I went back to school the following fall. I can remember seeing her once since then but that's it.

case in point

thats crazy....which im way deeper than this in my relationship but I'd hate to fall out behind that bullshit

i didnt even vote so my rage would be kinda baseless at the end of the day

ay mane.....ima tell yall sumn

i was disappointed like everybody else when news of this election came out.....hurt even

then this idea....this situation hit me......my wife and all her fam voted

I thought on it for a long time, weighing the outcomes of either answer....and ultimately decided that I didnt want to know who they voted for

still dont know til this day and I think we'll keep it that way

i grew up in a house split by football teams and cigarette brands, my grandparents went to different churches

this shit is heavier than that lol

case in point

thats crazy....which im way deeper than this in my relationship but I'd hate to fall out behind that bullshit

i didnt even vote so my rage would be kinda baseless at the end of the day

You and your wife never discuss political opinions?

not really....something would have to happen or come on tv while we're together to spark that conversation

she's not an internet or news person, i know its hard to believe....but she never knows about anything when i bring up current events and shit

for instance, we watched "when they see us" together...and I had a lot of commentary about the system and politics and why we stress the shit so much, particularly to the white people we know and are cool with...

she'll agree or acknowledge her understanding of a point, but wont relay much of a personal opinion from her view because she's not tapped in like that

Nah I couldn't get with a Conservative. Supply side economics just does not work so if you support it, you're either disingenuous or a zealot. Or worse, you're only a Conservative because most other young people arent. No matter which one it is it's wack.

My brother in law is married to a republican white woman.

She is republican mainly for religious reasons (abortion... Blah blah blah)

They always joke how they cancel out eachothers votes. Deep down they hate eachother and are waiting to get divorced when their kids grow up

Naw fucc that. If she's one of those ig'nant azzz Repugnicans who agrees wit everything they believe in, including shyt that's detrimental to our people...hell no.

I mean I've dated 2 where we got into intense debates on political and social topics. One of them I'm pretty sure she's a MAGA'er by now. The other be off & on wit her views, depending on the topic.

In theory yes, but in 2019 Republicans and especially Trunp voters use being a Republican as a cover for racism.

Being a minority im not gonna date someone who hates my heritage.

if it was the old school trickle down vs trickle up economics debate and we had different views I would be cool with but man like I said in 2019 politics is more about race and your place in society than ideology so fuck that.

Back