Welcome To aBlackWeb

Colin Kaepernick: NFL invites teams to Colin Kaepernick workout Saturday

You got the internet and dint see the articles and people in this thread happy?

People being satisfied that he got what was owed isn’t celebrating.

I’m happy when I get my paycheck every other week, but it’s not a cause for celebration.

It’s money owed.

Happy that bruh got compensated for his struggles when so many dont get that

fuckin right we are happy bout that...

Kaep's outcome is the exception and not the rule fam
For his struggles.

Interesting.
Thought he was more than that..but maybe I was too hopeful.

People being satisfied that he got what was owed isn’t celebrating.

I’m happy when I get my paycheck every other week, but it’s not a cause for celebration.

It’s money owed.
Money owed vs breaking a system.
Didn't kap have a $100m contract?
So when is money not important any more and its more about the audacity of what you tried?
But give me what I'm owed and that's enough?

That's fine....but we just different.
You not gonna do all that then act like OK OK we will pay you.

Nah.

If y'all can't see this as a moral lost....we truly are lost.

This is way bigger than what's owed...its a start....but the nerve.

Money owed vs breaking a system.
Didn't kap have a $100m contract?
So when is money not important any more and its more about the audacity of what you tried?
But give me what I'm owed and that's enough?

That's fine....but we just different.
You not gonna do all that then act like OK OK we will pay you.

Nah.

If y'all can't see this as a moral lost....we truly are lost.

This is way bigger than what's owed...its a start....but the nerve.

I think most of us feel that way to an extent...but where we stop short is projecting that onto a person

We dont know and have no idea what thier motivations are beyond what they have verbally articulated

I think most of us feel that way to an extent...but where we stop short is projecting that onto a person

We dont know and have no idea what thier motivations are beyond what they have verbally articulated
You are right....
But they can still be racist asshole to us when it was close to fucking them up because of it. Unlike a lot of people who talk shit...I do all I can for anyone black....I see where we are on a global level....I see where we hurt ourselves and where others hurt us.
All I wanted.....was a victory and breaking a system.
Imagine my disappointment.
I feel like Malcolm x got back on coke and mlk said fuck this....I'm going home..they throwing rocks.
Imagine the effect that would have had.

Like I said....I see it different.

But they can still be racist asshole to us when it was close to fucking them up because of it.

Respectfully this is ridiculous

despite all the strides we have made...

all the leaders who have died...

"THEY" are still racist assholes to us...and it will never stop bruh...unless we burn this bitch down and start all the way over

Racism is woven into the fabric of the USA bruh...

Respectfully this is ridiculous

despite all the strides we have made...

all the leaders who have died...

"THEY" are still racist assholes to us...and it will never stop bruh...unless we burn this bitch down and start all the way over

Racism is woven into the fabric of the USA bruh...
I think you are missing my point...I didn't say it would stop it...but at some point make them pay. It might slow it, it might not...but take your shot.
You and those before and after you deserve it.

Even if you miss....try.

Money ain't every and can be tainted. Most won't care but.....
That's when integrity comes in.

I think you are missing my point...I didn't say it would stop it...but at some point make them pay. It might slow it, it might not...but take your shot.
You and those before and after you deserve it.

Even if you miss....try.

Money ain't every and can be tainted. Most won't care but.....
That's when integrity comes in.

I got ya and I feel ya bro...

Like I said..if it were me...im taking that risk...

But Kaep had a different plan...

I got ya and I feel ya bro...

Like I said..if it were me...im taking that risk...

But Kaep had a different plan...
An to me.....he had a chance most likely no one from our people will have again.

And its gone now....
But he got his bread.
Shit is sad.

the NDA

is for the settlement amount and also the details of the case (the emails, texts and phone records that were a part of the discovery)

Bolded is what everybody pissed about...

because he possibly had the NFL dead to rights on collusion and other dirty shit that was revelaed in the emails...and instead of going forward and exposing them....he took the money...

Getting his money was the main purpose of this case IMO...he wanted to get recouped for the lost wages as a result of him being blackballed...so he succeeded...I dont think his intention was ever to expose the NFL...at least to that degree...cause IMO the way they handled everything and also them paying him points to how dirty they are...we just wont know details...

I think we all are projecting our personal objectives with this case rather than considering that if "exposing" the NFL was even a part of Kaep's plan or one his goals for the outcome of the collusion grievance

I don't understand niggas outrage tho im confused if the nfl had to pay up it just confirms everything cap got money and vindication soooo what else are we looking for

I don't understand niggas outrage tho im confused if the nfl had to pay up it just confirms everything cap got money and vindication soooo what else are we looking for
Smdh

Open your eyes bruh.
You really are missing what this really means.
Money and vindication? Are you serious?
He didnt hurt their pockets.
He didn't expose their tactics.

They are laughing at this I as sure.

They owe him more....much more.

They put him in the projects when they owe him 49acres and a mule.
And all niggas can see is ....I'm living without working.

Basically the details and the NFL being able to be taken to task about those details...

Im sure they uncovered a whole bunch of other shit besides the collusion.

And also what Kaep agreed to as well...

was listening to Stephen A and he made a good point(yuck) that Kaep had to give them something as well...maybe he agrees to "retire" and never play in the NFL again...not to speak about social causes on an NFL platform if he gets signed...etc...and then what did the NFL agree to?

The NDA protects both the NFL and Kaep...cause it was more in that settlement agreement than money

"Kaepernick’s sacrifice is still meaningful

While there was no official ruling and the curtain wasn’t pulled back on the league’s owners, the settlement is a win for Kaepernick. A confidentiality agreement will protect the NFL, but a potential nine-figure settlement strongly suggests the former 49ers pair had a case. This was a costly lesson for the league, and it should lead to change — even if that change doesn’t come with a public declaration.

Players like Reid, Albert Wilson, and Kenny Stills can feel more comfortable in their choice to kneel or raise a fist to bring awareness to issues of injustice. Teammates can join them, a little more secure in the idea they won’t waste years of their money-making primes in limbo while owners decide whether or not they can sign a player who might speak out. Now commissioner Roger Goodell and the owners know they can’t feign ignorance in a similar situation — and that’s a good thing for players and the NFL.

But Kaepernick may never play another down in the NFL, an unfair outcome and one he always knew was possible.

“If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right,” Kaepernick said back in 2016 before his demonstrations became the argument everyone and no one was willing to have.

Kaepernick’s action brought attention to the causes he championed, from fighting hunger to founding Know Your Rights Camp. He’s been prolific with his charitable donations throughout his career. He spent most of 2017 donating $1 million to different causes, and that fails to cover the extent of his work helping others and the impact he’s had."

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/2...ure-nfl-quarterback-collusion-case-settlement

I see the long game is not understood here.

Classic example of thinking you’re smarter than the room.

If you ain’t talkin about complete and total separation of Negro, Native American, and Hispanic(of Negro and/or native descent) from the so called white man, then you ain’t talkin about the “long game”.

NFL is a cog in the machine and unless ALL the so called black players in the league all get on one accord with taking down the NFL, it ain’t worth it.

No matter how much damage you thought Kap was gonna be able to do on his own, the results would’ve dissappointed you anyway.

Classic example of thinking you’re smarter than the room.

If you ain’t talkin about complete and total separation of Negro, Native American, and Hispanic(of Negro and/or native descent) from the so called white man, then you ain’t talkin about the “long game”.

NFL is a cog in the machine and unless ALL the so called black players in the league all get on one accord with taking down the NFL, it ain’t worth it.

No matter how much damage you thought Kap was gonna be able to do on his own, the results would’ve dissappointed you anyway.
Or maybe you just flow with the majority and don't think for yourself.

Fuck the room when I have my own beliefs.
The room is not the standard and the room may need to be questioned.

But like I said...I'm different.

An you really gonna say what ain't worth it?

Yep...I'm different

Back