Welcome To aBlackWeb

CHVSE-Grave Robbers

The bars are below avg tbh. But even if they were fire, I've said it a million times, I put the music before everything and that's been my main gripe with Lupe. He compromised the music and focused too much on the bars. Idc how dope the lyrics are, if the music is trash, i don't wanna hear that shit.

I don't think he compromised. Lupe always had them super obscure barz.

Like a lotta artist he just ain't as good as he use to be.

It was written specifically for them and those who follow reaction YTers
would it be fair to categorize these people?

cuz i think this is a significant bulk of fans these days, and they need a title....something that makes them stand out so that when i hear about artist they like i can stay way....

would it be fair to categorize these people?

cuz i think this is a significant bulk of fans these days, and they need a title....something that makes them stand out so that when i hear about artist they like i can stay way....
I mean the name alone would steer me away

I don't think he compromised. Lupe always had them super obscure barz.

Like a lotta artist he just ain't as good as he use to be.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree fam. Lupe used to make good music, shit you can smoke to and ride out to, theme music to drive by to << bars. I can't remember the last time he made good music, the last song was prolly strange fruition and the rest of album didn't sound like it.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree fam. Lupe used to make good music, shit you can smoke to and ride out to, theme music to drive by to << bars. I can't remember the last time he made good music, the last song was prolly strange fruition and the rest of album didn't sound like it.

Nah slim we both agree he USE TO make dope music.

What I was saying was that he didn't compromise his later music for bars. He always had those lines and references that you needed a nerd thesaurus to decipher. He just got worse at it.

Honestly, I don't think his mindset has changed that much from F&L to now.

He just been in a slump musically imo.
I ain’t listen to his last two efforts. No bc his lack of desire (wasn’t he wanting to retire?) but it’s usually other heat dropping or just dropped that I’m bumping.

now, for the actual subject at hand

as i've gotten older, i've gotten to a place where i dont mind thinking below the surface for context/meaning in songs. I understand not every artist can do this, so when i find one who does, and i actually rock with the music, i can appreciate them much more

2 artists that i think do this very well. Lupe and Joyner Lucas (albeit i havent checked his recent project(s))

With lupe, i know what im getting, and to me, that's what I enjoy. But he is just one of the many artists I like as i can bump Boosie and Webbie right after Drogas Wave if thats the kinda shit im on that day.

I like my raps like how i enjoy some tv/film. I dont need anyone to hold my hand and flat out explain to me whats going on and i like to come to my own conclusions before i got googling to see what others think

What about this song, and the guys comment that this is specifically for reaction videos...

Do you view this as excessive, or is this something you can rock with

@AP21

What about this song, and the guys comment that this is specifically for reaction videos...

Do you view this as excessive, or is this something you can rock with

@AP21
ahh ok

i see where you coming from

hmmm...i think it's excessive and unnecessary

one of the things i like about Lupe is that, he will let you come to your own conclusions, but if he feels that no one is close, then he will chime in and clarify what the song is actually about.

imo, and i think others might disagree, but i dont think lupe intentionally sits in a booth and thinks of ways to try and stump people with his bars. I think they are authentic af and he is simply expressing himself in a way that speaks to him and as a fan, you might pick it up immediately, or it might take a few listens and some thoughts from others to come to a conclusion and you STILL might be wrong.

press play (its timestamped..only like 1:30 long) . This sums up exactly the feeling i get when i listen to lupe songs, especially the stuff from his last two projects.

Lupe came out and was like "i was born in Harvey, Illinois" or some shit, BUT, the fact that he can be from harvey, IL, and the way the bars set up, he could also be talking about Harvey Dent, 2 sides, coins, etc...

the shit can go as deep as you want it to be imo. That is a talent

That's the thing though.

Is it a talent or is it an obession with linking things together and then figuring out ways to rhyme them together...

It's like the Riddler using his genius to dominate the rap game because a large portion of the hip hop audience is fascinated in solving riddles.

My favorite Lupe song bar none was the cool.

He was definitely drawing some parallels... But it was in the name of story telling. And many of his references were symbolic imagery.... It was creative, but not exhausting...

It flowed....

But as he got more popular I feel like he just works harder to link shit together than actually telling a vivid story....

His biggest song, kick push was a story with imagery that made references to elements that opened up the story...

The later shit.... It just felt like rambling...

Like the baby album cover .....I hated everything about that reference.

I've seen the album cover. Completely aware of the band. But that exact reference he used to describe it...

I was like fuck you.... That was some random ass shit that reminds me of the "I spy with my eye" children's game...

Like even the clip you posted..

How can you call it his best album and say you have no idea what it was about??

I like DMX and beanie Sigel because when they rap,I feel like I'm standing right next to them yet watching the shit thru their eyes...

I'm not confused... I'm feeling it... I'm in tune to what they talking about. I'm going on the same journey with them...

Then when I go back and reflect after more life experiences....I can respect the mindset and wisdom in their words even more...

Like to me that makes a fan.

Not some shit I gotta figure out later to feel.

Then after I research it... Is not some real shit to the heart.... It's just some cool shit to be like ooooohhhhh that's what he was saying....

Shit just don't smack the same for me

Like jodeci forever my lady smacked different when my wife was pregnant....

But I still got it when I heard it in middle School

That's the thing though.

Is it a talent or is it an obession with linking things together and then figuring out ways to rhyme them together...

It's like the Riddler using his genius to dominate the rap game because a large portion of the hip hop audience is fascinated in solving riddles.

My favorite Lupe song bar none was the cool.

He was definitely drawing some parallels... But it was in the name of story telling. And many of his references were symbolic imagery.... It was creative, but not exhausting...

It flowed....

But as he got more popular I feel like he just works harder to link shit together than actually telling a vivid story....

His biggest song, kick push was a story with imagery that made references to elements that opened up the story...

The later shit.... It just felt like rambling...

Like the baby album cover .....I hated everything about that reference.

I've seen the album cover. Completely aware of the band. But that exact reference he used to describe it...

I was like fuck you.... That was some random ass shit that reminds me of the "I spy with my eye" children's game...

this is a perspective

im about to check out for the day but i would like the chance to respond to all these posts when i get home and get settled for the evening

Back