Welcome To aBlackWeb

Chronic 2001 20th Anniversary

Shows how weak Compton was too. People can talk all day about The Chronic and 2001 but I never hear anything about a single song off of Compton

2001 a classic all time. Compton is one of those albums that’s best we never mention.

Damn that's crazy they released Doggystyle just 9 days after finishing the album.

Yeah I remember hearing that they were trying to hurry up and release the album for the 4th quarter. It was released on November 23, 1993.

Incidentally 36 Chambers and Midnight Marauders were released two weeks earlier on the same day, Nov 9, 1993.

November 1993 produced three 5 mic classics. I wonder if there were any other months in Hip Hop that produced three five mic classics?

'2001' was a game changer... What an album...

I loved that Dre used names like Hittman, Time Bomb, Devin, Knoc and King T, rappers that wernt widely known to the mainstream but really blessed the album, especially Hittman and Time Bomb...

The 'Up In Smoke Tour' that followed was prolly one of the GOAT tours too...

I remmy having ICQ and Kazaa trying to download the Up In The Smoke Tour movie. Legendary tour for real.

I have so many youthful memories to this album. The first time I heard "next episode" was the day before I found out my girl went to prom w her ex and broke my heart. Dumb teenager shit. Xxplosive remind me of hooking up w random girls on some fuck my ex shit. This was a classic. I remember years after this shit came out, some chick I was messing w got me the instrumental CD as a gift, my dumbass broke up w her b4 getting the CD and this kid I knew pulled the CD out during a cypher. That's when I found out, shorty had moved on rather quickly and this nigga here got the beat CD. I couldn't hate though, dude was nice w the lyrics too.

Back