Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News China vs LeBron

Lebron usually does say the right things to the media but I think he screwed up a bit with his initial statement on the Hong Kong situation. I tend to agree with the way @Blue_London is looking at it and what Lebron pretty much said in the interview on this page you posted. Everybody has different things they feel are important to them and if you do speak on situations make sure you have at least a decent grasp of the topic to try and avoid making yourself look dumb.

Lebron's comments before his latest didn't take the focus off the NBA, it made it even brighter because he is at this point in time the league's biggest star

It wasn't meant to take focus off the NBA it was meant to take focus off China and their bullshit. Lebron gets to be the big dummy for a couple weeks. Season starts and nobody will give a shit anymore.

Nearly a week ago today, in a Shanghai hotel room, or Shanghai hotel ballroom, Adam Silver got up and addressed the players, and LeBron James is one of the players who got up and spoke and said, ‘Hey, what are we doing here? Daryl Morey made these statements,'” McMenamin recalled on air Tuesday. “You know damn well if a player made the same statements and caused such poor ramifications for the league, there would be some sort of league recourse.”

Ehhhhh

I'm black bruh.... We been needing motherfuckers to step up for decades.

I wouldn't have flipped if yao Ming said he wanted to stay out of police shooting debates....

Or if jet li said he didn't have a comment about reparations...

Them Chinese niggaz not black... Fuck I expect them to care about black issues when the world traditionally doesn't give a fuck about black issues.

Ok.... We got LeBron.... Who gives a fuck about black issues. And it's a good thing. But that don't mean he gotta be the faucet for the whole world. That nigga gotta brand to maintain. Fuck their feelings...

He was who the was the whole time. And I don't even like the nigga

thing is why he needed to say anything?

It wasn't meant to take focus off the NBA it was meant to take focus off China and their bullshit. Lebron gets to be the big dummy for a couple weeks. Season starts and nobody will give a shit anymore.

Huh?

Lebron's comments arent taking focus off China or the NBA. Him talking about and saying Morey was uneducated on the subject gave it more news coverage. If he would've stuck to the script and said "no comment" or "I'm not educated enough on this subject to speak intelligently on it" then the media wouldn't be talking as much about it.

The less they talk about this, the quicker the possibility of it getting mass media coverage goes away.

Some fans are still going to sneak in signs and shirts to games talking about the subject all season I believe though

It puts more focus on him being the "fool" this thread is proof of that. No one on this site cared till lebron spoke on it.

Like I said everyone will be over this shit once the season starts and everyone will go back to not giving af about china/hk.

Lebron, rich Paul and Adam silver are kings of spin. Pay attention.

It puts more focus on him being the "fool" this thread is proof of that. No one on this site cared till lebron spoke on it.

Like I said everyone will be over this shit once the season starts and everyone will go back to not giving af about china/hk.

You do know that they have a thread on this very website talking about this situation in Hong Kong before the NBA issue?

This situation has also gotten heavy news coverage all over the world before Daryl Morey even pretended to give a fuck about it.

Just because YOU might have not heard or cared about this situation, means nobody else cared or knew about it.

You do know that they have a thread on this very website talking about this situation in Hong Kong before the NBA issue? This situation has also gotten heavy news coverage all over the world before Daryl Morey even pretended to give a fuck about it.

Just because YOU might have not heard or cared about this situation, means nobody else cared or knew about it.

I was talking about the situation as it pertains to the morey/NBA situation.

And I'm pretty sure I was posting in that thread you cosigned and lol'd my shit but carry on. With your all caps.

I was talking about the situation as it pertains to the morey/NBA situation.

And I'm pretty sure I was posting in that thread but carry on. With your all caps.

I know you have because I've posted in the same thread and even cosigned some of your post in that one. Lol.

I just disagree that Lebron fell on the grenade to cool things off with the NBA & China situation. The guy fucked up and said how he felt personally to the media, instead of saying the PC thing.

I also believe that throughout the season (especially if China & the NBA sponsorship mend fences) it's going to be "fans" coming to NBA games protesting.

I know you have because I've posted in the same thread and even cosigned some of your post in that one. Lol.

I just disagree that Lebron fell on the grenade to cool things off with the NBA & China situation. The guy fucked up and said how he felt personally to the media, instead of saying the PC thing.

I also believe that throughout the season (especially if China & the NBA sponsorship mend fences) it's going to be "fans" coming to NBA games protesting.

Lebron doesn't fuck up with media.

Fans protesting at the games will only keep the NBA relevant it will not hurt them at the gates.

This has been thought through.

Lebron doesn't fuck up with media.

Fans protesting at the games will only keep the NBA relevant it will not hurt them at the gates.

This has been thought through.

Lmao.

If he didn't fuck up then he wouldn't have sent out 2 different tweets explaining what he was trying to say after the 1st response, and he most definitely wouldn't have talked about the subject again trying to clarify all the things he put out the day before.

This isn't some mastermind strategy to assist the NBA's Image. if it is....... it's poorly thought out and counterproductive

Lebron should have just kept quiet. He's positioned himself as a bit of a social justice warrior. Sure, he's mostly kept it to black issues, and that's fine. However, you have to be consistent. You can only care about black issues and stay out of other shit, but you can't really be in favor of justice when its for your people and then take the side against justice when it's a matter that concerns other people. Of course you're going to receive backlash when you do something like that because it comes off as super hypocritical. This was just a miscalculation on his part. He tried to be diplomatic about what he said, but no amount of polish was gonna make "Fuck them chinks, you messing up my money" sound appealing to the masses.

Back