Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News China vs LeBron

I feel you bruh. But its still a little different.

Its not like they burned Brons Jerseys last week or at all since the protests been going on.

They was never mad like yo why isnt Bron speaking up for us. The protests been going on for months now. And even in the week where Bron was silent after what Morey said, HK didnt give a fuck about Bron.

If Bron had stayed silent, HK wouldnt care. I dont think they were caring about Bron not giving a fuck about them. It was more of Bron criticizing Morey tweet about free HK that pissed them off and led to jersey burning.

Its kind of like if Jeremy Lin tweeted Black Lives Matter after some shooting, and somehow all Asians get their pockets hurt. Then in response to it Yao Ming says Jeremy was ignorant for posting that.

No one gives a fuck about Yao Mings opinions on Black men getting shot by cops, but if Yao comes out and shits on Jeremy Lin for tweeting hes in support of BLM, a jersey or two might get burned during a protest.

Yao could not say that about Lin because Lin is an american that was born here, raised here, lives here and will most likely die here.

Yao could not say that about Lin because Lin is an american that was born here, raised here, lives here and will most likely die here.

I literally picked the first name that came to mind. Didnt really mean Jeremy Lin.

My only point is that people in HK were never mad at Bron for not caring and speaking out about them. Im sure none of them cared.

But when he came out and said Morey was ignorant for publicly supporting them, they got mad. And rightfully so.

Im just trying to show shit from their perspective.

Imo Bron was right for what he said did and HK is right to be mad at him.

Both can be right and in this situation both are imo.

This also....

Like.... They been knew he was about his business. How is this "cancel LeBron"??

Cuz he ain't pick the side of the common man??

The nigga is elite.... Just like the elite dude who co-signed them....
Because if players or people wanna get into the political or phlianthropist game, than when you have Social issues that you fight for, and do shit like this, than it makes your future arguments or views weak because it makes you come hypocritical and fake. If you gonna ride for the social injurie game, ride for all the time bruh especially if you doing it against these white folks when it's regarding black issues unless you say you are against social injustices ONLY against black people. LeBron never said that, his stance is against minorities. Chinese folks would be apart of that.

This also....

Like.... They been knew he was about his business. How is this "cancel LeBron"??

Cuz he ain't pick the side of the common man??

The nigga is elite.... Just like the elite dude who co-signed them....
whats your problem with people u think is elite?

whats your problem with people u think is elite?
Their political agendas are often aligned with the protection of their assets. Which has been going on forever. So much so that it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone but when they make a comment that seems politically insensitive. Especially when it's clear their business interests are the motivation.

Like that shit normal. So it bugs me that he has to tweet something to get this reaction.

Not mad at him. He basically saying where has all this energy been while we been getting fucked up. Why should he give af about anything but the bag as it pertains to this situation. NBA players shouldn't have to be freedom fighters for HK when Hong Kong citizens have never had a fuck to give about what's happening in America.

He fell on the sword for the players. HK citizens and some Chinese will be mad but it won't affect the NBA's bottom line.

Not mad at him. He basically saying where has all this energy been while we been getting fucked up. Why should he give af about anything but the bag as it pertains to this situation. NBA players shouldn't have to be freedom fighters for HK when Hong Kong citizens have never had a fuck to give about what's happening in America.

He fell on the sword for the players. HK citizens and some Chinese will be mad but it won't affect the NBA's bottom line.

This should of been his initial response

100% agree I think his comments was just not needed he could of just said i don't have enough knowledge of the ins and outs of the issue

I think he was asked to fall on his sword for the league to smooth shit over. Lebron is way to calculated to just say some random misguided shit. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I think he was asked to fall on his sword for the league to smooth shit over. Lebron is way to calculated to just say some random misguided shit. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Lebron usually does say the right things to the media but I think he screwed up a bit with his initial statement on the Hong Kong situation. I tend to agree with the way @Blue_London is looking at it and what Lebron pretty much said in the interview on this page you posted. Everybody has different things they feel are important to them and if you do speak on situations make sure you have at least a decent grasp of the topic to try and avoid making yourself look dumb.

Lebron's comments before his latest didn't take the focus off the NBA, it made it even brighter because he is at this point in time the league's biggest star

Last edited:
Back