Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News China vs LeBron

Can somebody break this shit down to me.

For the life of me, I'm not getting it. I feel like there is a lot of story I missed
All you need to know for sure is that this story don't have shit to do with Lebron.

He's being used as a media shield for the white exec Darryl Morey who started this shit with his hashtag tweeting.

If anything, rename this thread Darryl Morey vs China.

All you need to know for sure is that this story don't have shit to do with Lebron.

He's being used as a media shield for the white exec Darryl Morey who started this shit with his hashtag tweeting.

sounds about white

What if he only cares about black issues?

Cuz i think that's why they mad.

They feel like black people should care about all suffering and not just black suffering.

If this was true, the HK residents would have been burning his jerseys. They are mad simply because he got at Morey for supporting them, in a tweet, in their fight for freedom. Nothing more, nothing less.

If Lebron says nothing about Morey's tweet, he's not even on the HK residents' minds.

I wouldn’t say he’s being used. LeBron could of easily not said shit about it. At the end of the day this China shit ain’t the US business but cuz the NBA & LeBron sees them as another revenue stream they’re gonna toe the line. The nigga ain’t innocent he fully expects those people to buy his gear and pay tickets to see Space Jam 2. It’s all about money at the end of the day. The idea that they still do preseason games there is so stupid to me.

LBJ called Morey a selfish, stupid, privileged pilgrim and media don’t like a ball dribbling nigga calling a pilgrim exec out for his stupidity

The players, he in particular, are/were irritated they had to answer questions based on the comments of an exec, the uncomfortable position it put them in while they were stuck there, as well as the business implications when dude really don’t give a fuck, he was being a sassy online social justice warrior like most these foolies

I wouldn’t say he’s being used. LeBron could of easily not said shit about it. At the end of the day this China shit ain’t the US business but cuz the NBA & LeBron sees them as another revenue stream they’re gonna toe the line. The nigga ain’t innocent he fully expects those people to buy his gear and pay tickets to see Space Jam 2. It’s all about money at the end of the day. The idea that they still do preseason games there is so stupid to me.
Think deeper.

Why do you think he was asked that question?

Why do you think he had that very particular answer ready?

Think deeper.

The way he answered it didn’t sound like someone who was well versed on the subject or even cared. He very much looked like he came off the dome with that. I know where you tryin to go with this but sometimes shit can be black & white. This ain’t like the social issues he’s known to be involved in. The fact that he has financial stakes in this don’t make me wanna see LeBron as a victim of the media. Like I said he easily could of just shut the fuck up.

Nah I'm tired of hearing all these people bitching about China. I always sympathize with people fighting the system and fucking up cops but the same-ass crackas that wanted Baltimore rioters killed on sight are calling Hong Kong rioters freedom fighters n shit. Same coons crying about videos of pigs abusing protesters in Hong Kong be defending with their life every pig that does a videotaped execution of a black person in Murica. Etc.

Most of the 1+ billion people in mainland China do not sympathize or generally fuck with the 7 million people in Hong Kong. The perception that the CIA is probably behind those riots somehow is widespread - and can you blame them for believing that conspiracy theory? So they are gonna see "Freedom for Hong Kong" the same way most white football fans saw Kaepernick.......U.S conservatives wanna fetishize "Nationalism" so bad nowdays well this is what Nationalism is......"play by our rules or else"

Think deeper.

Lebron wasnt the only person asked about this situation. Harden, Westbrook, coach Pop, and Steve Kerr were also asked about the situation and none of them said anything as divisive as Lebron. They were asked before Lebron and he had a week to truly think about what he wanted to say when he was asked about this subject .The man had two good blueprints (coach Pop's and Adam Silver's 2nd response) to follow and he totally did the opposite of everyone who publicly voiced their opinion.

He truly meant what he initially said about Morey fucking up the money for others and having bad timing posting that tweet due to the players safety maybe being in danger while in China. I agree with Lebron feeling that way because I'm sure most of everyone involved with the league felt the same way.

The thing is though, Lebron should've known better than to publicly state that and to also publicly come off as not caring about the freedom of the Hong Kong residents. It was so many ways he could've approached the subject and he failed miserably in his initial attempt

Seem like Bron is able to say the things be says and do the things he does in the sports industry, cause he dont fear the loss of the white American dollar. Cause...

Hes backed by the Chinese American dollar and cause he never felt like he would have to be in the position to defend the Chinese American dollar in America.

Bitches protesting the league for some shit happening in another country.
This ain’t some random country in North Africa, Middle East or east Europe

Fuck them bitches

I didn't like lebron when he came into the league.
Hated the nigga.

He made me a believer.
I think what people are missing and what other players are jealous of...is the fact he created a lane where he supports the people in his community AND created legit and outside the box revenue streams while bringing his boys along.

that gave him the ability to now not need NBA money and I bet either him or Kobe will own a chinese team outright.

that in itself makes him be able to stand up and be a nigga and not have to say the right stuff.

he can speak his mind because he's not controlled by their money anymore.

much respect to him.

more people need to learn from this model.

Back