Welcome To aBlackWeb

China says it will increase its military presence in Africa

Sucks, but it would be nice if China would clean out all those warlords making child soldiers and eating people. It sucks that Africa as a continent can't get it together, but some countries are on the rise.

The writing has been on the wall for some time. First time I went to Nigeria was in 2006 and the Chinese presence was obvious then. I've since been to Ghana and Ethiopia and you guessed it Chinese contractors visible everywhere.

Have to salute the Chinese. They are colonising Africa without the violence so you have Africans who actually believe the Chinese are acting in their best interests smh

They have to salute them got datum chinks? Nah fuck that bullshit!

Ww3 training grounds. Look yes black anericans can do alot. But nobody will listen to outsidets who aint got they shit together. Nigerians come here and be the most educated and wonder why we cant. You think an engineer in Lagos wants to hear from us about how to run Lagos. Do i believe we can work together and be great of course. Do i believe an american needs to lead it? Nope.

They have to salute them got datum chinks? Nah fuck that bullshit!
No point in being mad about it. If we as Africans aren't going to come together to invest in the continent then we can't really be mad at the Chinese for spotting an opportunity. We are selling the continent off for the low.

The problem with Africa is there is so much internal strife. They have all the resources in the world, but you can't do anything with them when everyone is fighting each other. On top of that, when someone does manage to take over, they are usually either corrupt or a puppet for outside forces. Again, to be fair, some countries have risen above that to some extent.

only to still give it away for peanuts

I wouldn't say that necessarily. Even in the case of China, they are getting new and improved infrastructure in many cases. I'm not saying they are working on an equal playing field with the outsiders, but they are probably better off than they were during Colonization and the aftermath period.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. Even in the case of China, they are getting new and improved infrastructure in many cases. I'm not saying they are working on an equal playing field with the outsiders, but they are probably better off than they were during Colonization and the aftermath period.
those infrastructures are for chinese and leads right to ports on the side of the specific country that is closer to china.

these cities are to house chinese people...not the locals.
they locals hold no supervisory or managerial positions...they are all workers.

those infrastructures are for chinese and leads right to ports on the side of the specific country that is closer to china.

these cities are to house chinese people...not the locals.
they locals hold no supervisory or managerial positions...they are all workers.

It's true that the infrastructure will benefit Chinese interests, it is incorrect to imply they won't benefit the Africans. You can't possibly believe that building highways and railways that transverse whole nations won't benefit the population. In any deal, both sides will be out their own interests, so there no question that China is trying to get theirs, but the other side is benefiting to some extent too. Again, I'm not saying its equal, but it's better than colonization and could eventually benefit Africa greatly if the people stand-up and capitalize on it.

It's true that the infrastructure will benefit Chinese interests, it is incorrect to imply they won't benefit the Africans. You can't possibly believe that building highways and railways that transverse whole nations won't benefit the population. In any deal, both sides will be out their own interests, so there no question that China is trying to get theirs, but the other side is benefiting to some extent too. Again, I'm not saying its equal, but it's better than colonization and could eventually benefit Africa greatly if the people stand-up and capitalize on it.
better than colonizing?

so just walk in and set up shop vs controlling it with guns?

thats makes it worse.

but if they aint giving the population jobs....that whats the gain?

so now i can drive from one city to the other on a paved road. but im still broke.

better than colonizing?

so just walk in and set up shop vs controlling it with guns?

thats makes it worse.

but if they aint giving the population jobs....that whats the gain?

so now i can drive from one city to the other on a paved road. but im still broke.

They aren't walking in and doing anything. Most of this is happening through contracts, so the Africans are at the negotiating table. For example, in Nigeria there was a deal where they were paying China to come in and instruct a railway. When the global economy changed, they went back to the negotiating table and Nigeria got a better price.

And they are giving jobs. Like you said, the managerial jobs are going to Chinese people, but even a lot of the lower level jobs pay better than some of the other options the natives had. Plus, the Chinese companies that are setting up shop are paying taxes just like they would anywhere else, and those taxes do go to the native population. So, no, what is happening now is not worse than colonization. Remember, at one time China was in a similar position. Now look where the nation was. All it took was the government to step up and use what was built for them to their benefit. The same shit could happen in Africa.

They aren't walking in and doing anything. Most of this is happening through contracts, so the Africans are at the negotiating table. For example, in Nigeria there was a deal where they were paying China to come in and instruct a railway. When the global economy changed, they went back to the negotiating table and Nigeria got a better price.

And they are giving jobs. Like you said, the managerial jobs are going to Chinese people, but even a lot of the lower level jobs pay better than some of the other options the natives had. Plus, the Chinese companies that are setting up shop are paying taxes just like they would anywhere else, and those taxes do go to the native population. So, no, what is happening now is not worse than colonization. Remember, at one time China was in a similar position. Now look where the nation was. All it took was the government to step up and use what was built for them to their benefit. The same shit could happen in Africa.
oh yea?

imma go get some ammo and be right back.

dont move

Here goes some for you.

https://www.thebusinessyear.com/top-10-china-infrastructure-projects-in-africa-2018/focus

https://www.reporting-focac.com/myth-1-chinese-workers.html

Localization first and foremost concerns employment, but also choice of suppliers and sub-contractors, adaption to host country laws, customs and markets, and communication and socializing with local people. Our database on workforce localization shows that, on average, locals are more than four-fifths of employees at 400 Chinese enterprises and projects in 40-plus African countries. The proportions are however are much lower for top managers and significantly lower for engineers and other professionals.There is some variation among Africa’s 55 states in localization rates at Chinese enterprises and projects.

2811170.png

Judging by the provided video this is similar to how things would go as described in the book Economic Hitman. If Africans can't/won't protect themselves, it's only nature that someone else take advantage of that. Apartheid should of been all the lessons they needed. Fooled them once, shame on you. Fooled them a second time, try again.

Judging by the provided video this is similar to how things would go as described in the book Economic Hitman. If Africans can't/won't protect themselves, it's only nature that someone else take advantage of that. Apartheid should of been all the lessons they needed. Fooled them once, shame on you. Fooled them a second time, try again.
fooled for centuries......then what?

fooled for centuries......then what?

Then the name of the game would be to maintain. Keep fooling them so that it last. Refining and adapting your strategy as things evolve. Or whenever new threats to your power arise. That's the next logical thing to me.

Back