Welcome To aBlackWeb

MoeW

https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/12/childs-play-remake-release-date-poster/

Child's Play remake gets release date, new teaser poster

Are you ready to make a new best friend (till the end!) next summer? Orion Pictures president John Hegeman announced Monday that the remake of Child’s Play, the 1988 horror film which introduced the world to the killer doll Chucky, will be released in theaters nationwide on June 21, 2019.

Directed by Lars Klevberg (Polaroid) and from a screenplay by Tyler Burton Smith based on the original movie, the new Child’s Play follows a mother who gives her son a toy doll for his birthday, unaware of its more sinister nature. The film stars Aubrey Plaza, Brian Tyree Henry, Gabriel Bateman, Beatrice Kitsos, Ty Consiglio, and Carlease Burke. Child’s Play is produced by David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith, who oversaw last year’s remake of It.

“I was just 12-year-old when the ’88 movie came out,” Grahame-Smith told EW, earlier this year. “It scared the hell out of me. I watched it again and again. It’s a special movie for me.”

image.jpg

Child’s Play was, and is, one of my all-time horror movies and it was one of my introductions to horror,” said Klevberg. “I got the script [for the remake] and it was really really good, and I knew it was from the producers from It, and I jumped in immediately.”

See the new teaser poster for Child’s Play, below.

image.jpg

1708831728341.png

tenor.gif

not expecting it to touch the original at all but im game

with all the new bullshit out, im not even mad at all the remake attempts now

lets just try the whole 80's and 90's one more time, fuck it

better tech, better sick and deranged writers, desensitized audience.....shit could get nasty

SN: I had a My Buddy and rode him everywhere on my big wheel

Cold part is the original series is still going on with the creator and the original chucky on Netflix. They even brought the original Andy back, so to do this without the involvement of those parties just feels like a slap in the face.

Pointless since the original holds up well. It really captured the essence of gritty/cold Chicago. Still smash on Andie's moms.

Interesting thing is the sequels with the original writer and Brad Dourif are gonna continue cause Universal owns those. This is a desperation ploy from MGM. I'll stick with the ones with Brad Dourif especially now that the TV spinoff from those is happening.

The first Chucky was really good so it's gonna be hard to live up to the original. It really all depends on who they get to do the voice over for Chucky and how the story will be set.

The original idea of Chucky must have been a hard sell back then. Especially as a scary movie. If the producers of It are at the helm for this then it can actually turn out to be dope. Only difference tho is the original It wasn't very good as a movie so the expectations were low but Chucky a whole nother ball game.....

The original story actually did not have the voodoo angle. It actually implied that Chucky was the lil boy's id and didn't really exist. The director of the original added the serial killer and voodoo element. I actually thought this remake was gonna go with the original angle. Would've been more interesting.

The original story actually did not have the voodoo angle. It actually implied that Chucky was the lil boy's id and didn't really exist. The director of the original added the serial killer and voodoo element. I actually thought this remake was gonna go with the original angle. Would've been more interesting.
Now they should have wentbthat rout since it was not explored. Would have caught everyone off guard and been very interesting. I personally would have been surprised. It would have worked with the original though I like the original and it would work today.

So kinda like Colin Hanks/Edward James Olmos in Dexter

Man nobody trying to see a toy with a knife in its hand in 2019 not get punted out the window in the first 5 mins

Back