Welcome To aBlackWeb

Video Childish Gambino - This Is America

drake???

:cantsee:
Musically pre-Awaken My Love he sounded like Drake. Im glad he looks to have givin up on raps because i never liked him rapping.

Plus how Bino & Drake are both actors and good at comedy.

I personally dont see the Kanye comparison

I've seen a lot people say that the video is about us being distracted and/or moving on from tragedies quickly....I don't think that's the case at all.

I think the video symbolizes America being madness and the Black American (the black man in Glover's pov) doing whatever we can to make our experience palatable. We dance, we make music, we try to get money, we have fun...only to be reminded that we just niggas in coupes via the violence inflicted on us.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot people say that the video is about us being distracted and/or moving on from tragedies quickly....I don't think that's the case at all.

I think the video symbolizes America being madness and the Black American (the black man in Glover's pov) doing whatever we can to make our experience palatable. We dance, we make music, we try to get money, we have fun...only to be reminded that we just niggas in coupes via the violence inflicted on us.

FACTS!!!

No just no

Yes, just yes?

tenor.gif

But if you actually listen to the lyrics and don’t get caught up in the delivery/flow he’s actually saying some potent shit when paired with the overall message. Especially that first verse.

Back