Childish Gambino hit with Copyright infringement Lawsuit over "This is America" song

RandomNegro

Dec 24, 2019
ABW Bucks
$13,704
I could see how somebody else wouldn't care,but as a nigga who had shit stolen this kinda shit aggravates me.

Big artists steal shit from lesser known artists and don't give them shit all the time and the lesser known artists looks like a mad man trying to prove some major star stole his/her shit.

It's like being the protagonist in a horror movie trying to convince ppl that the monster is real.

CB should have a the "best" song with major label backing and music insiders helping craft it.

I dont think imma explain it right so hopefully my point gets through.

Someone like a Drake for instance, takes a song like Best I Ever Had and it was his breakthrough single. More often than not when he's hot and people dig his music, he starts to taper off after a while and some artists make songs hot enough to keep you hot, but maybe not good enough to breakthrough. So I definitely agree that it sucks.

The least he can do is not fight it and break dude off with money because CB has a lot going for him and theoretically that might not phase him.

Reactions: Loch121

Loch121

Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$5,696,560
I dont think imma explain it right so hopefully my point gets through.

Someone like a Drake for instance, takes a song like Best I Ever Had and it was his breakthrough single. More often than not when he's hot and people dig his music, he starts to taper off after a while and some artists make songs hot enough you keep you hot hot maybe not good enough to breakthrough. So I definitely agree that it sucks.

At least he can do is not fight it and break dude off with money because CB has a lot going for him and theoretically that might not phase him.
And this is where it gets deep where you have to talk about does marketing and imagery make a song better to the people and obviously the answer is yes

Reactions: RandomNegro

already home_17

Dec 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$487,328
yeah I thought it was this dude,who obviously got jacked

That other song don't sound like This is America really to me,but I only listened to the beginning.

Jase Harley is the guy who first said this and his song sounds just like Childish's

yup, that’s the one. props

it’s hard to make a case that the creators of this is america had no idea that jase harley track existed

Loch121

Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$5,696,560
There are way too many similarities between this is America in that American Pharaoh song for me to think that it's coincidence. It has the African sound,the same sample basically, production style, and the concept of the songs are also similar.No way in hell that's by chance.

Jase just chose not to sue.

Reactions: 100MBS

RandomNegro

Dec 24, 2019
ABW Bucks
$13,704
And this is where it gets deep where you have to talk about does marketing and imagery make a song better to the people and obviously the answer is yes

Right because now you gotta think, are songs like Tuesday by Iluvmakonnen, Versace by Migos and Look Alive by JB Blocboy.........really hot because they're hot....or because Drake took the specific energy those songs had from those artists to him?

That's what makes him stand out. Jumping on people's songs and being on the first verse and making it his.

Loch121

Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$5,696,560
Right because now you gotta think, are songs like Tuesday by Iluvmakonnen, Versace by Migos and Look Alive by JB Blocboy.........really hot because they're hot....or because Drake took the specific energy those songs had from those artists to him?

That's what makes him stand out. Jumping on people's songs and being on the first verse and making it his.
I think Versace was already bubbling before Drake hopped on it,plus The Migos had already been bubbling a while before Versace got them superstar status.

I would say that Tuesday song was a catchy song w/out Drake

but that Blockboy song was only poppin because of Drake.

Reactions: RandomNegro

Blackmagic2787

ABW Most Feared
Dec 27, 2017
ABW Bucks
$81,266
Was the guy who made the song in a coma or something the song is like 3-4yrs old why wait so long to sue or say something?

AP2.0

Nothins the same & damn I just want my friend back
Site Administrator
2020 ABW Most Abusive Mod
Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$871,016,052
Never knew or forgot Young Thug was on This Is America

Now all I can hear is Thugger in the background
a list full of people got credited for that song b/c of ad libs and shit

AP2.0

Nothins the same & damn I just want my friend back
Site Administrator
2020 ABW Most Abusive Mod
Jan 18, 2017
ABW Bucks
$871,016,052
Was the guy who made the song in a coma or something the song is like 3-4yrs old why wait so long to sue or say something?
it's not a quick process

Scandalust313

Unshakeable Unbreakable Victorious
2020 ABW Rookie of the Year
Sep 27, 2020
ABW Bucks
$97,858,543
It's better to wait to see how well the song does

The better it does, the more money it generates...more potential financial compensation, should ol' boy win his case

Reactions: Pachá12 and AP2.0