Welcome To aBlackWeb

Chadwick Boseman Dies From Cancer

movieposter.webp
See the source image

Chadwick Boseman donated some of his salary to 21 Bridges co-star Sienna Miller

ienna Miller has shared a wonderful story about her late 21 Bridges co-star Chadwick Boseman.

The duo starred opposite each other in 2019's cop thriller as Frankie Burns and Andre Davis, but their partnership very nearly didn't happen after Miller was unable to negotiate the salary she asked for.

According to the actress, Boseman donated some of his own pay in order to bridge the gap and get her on board, saying it's what she "deserved".

"I didn't know whether or not to tell this story, and I haven't yet," Miller noted in a recent Empire Magazine interview. "But I am going to tell it, because I think it's a testament to who he was.

"This was a pretty big-budget film, and I know that everybody understands about the pay disparity in Hollywood, but I asked for a number that the studio wouldn't get to. And because I was hesitant to go back to work and my daughter was starting school and it was an inconvenient time, I said, 'I'll do it if I'm compensated in the right way'.

"And Chadwick ended up donating some of his salary to get me to the number that I had asked for. He said that that was what I deserved to be paid."

The star went on to admit this was "about the most astounding thing that [she's] experienced", before suggesting: "That kind of thing just doesn't happen. It's just unfathomable to imagine another man in that town behaving that graciously or respectfully."

A hero in so many ways.

Though his career and lifeended prematurely, his family remembers the impact he made

Chadwick Boseman is missed by millions but his family feels the pain like no one else can imagine.

Boseman’s two older brothers spoke to The New York Times about theactor’s legacy and what Chad, as they affectionally called him, meantto them.

[IMG]

Read More: How do we reconcile Black Panther without our King Chadwick Boseman?

“Chad was gifted,” said his brother,Pastor Derrick Boseman, 54, who said when his youngest sibling was a child, he could sit and draw anyone. “He’s probably the most gifted person I’ve ever met.”

Boseman passed away from cancer in August at just 43 years old. He was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in 2016 and still went on to play the lead in one of the biggest films in history, Black Panther. The actor also played legacy characters like James Brown in Get On Up, JackieRobinson in 42, and ThurgoodMarshall in Marshall.

His last movie role in will be in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom debuting on Netflix Dec. 18.

[IMG]

Chadwick as Levee in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (Netflix)
“A lot of people think making it means becoming an A-list movie star,” said his other brother, Kevin Boseman, 48. “I didn’t force that. I just knew that if Chad wanted to work in the arts, he would find a way and take care of himself.”

Boseman, who hailed from Anderson, S.C, was raised in the church along with his brothers by his parents Leroy and Carolyn in a large, God-fearing, close-knit family. He was always interested in the arts. Kevin was a dancer for Alvin Alley and other dance troupes, inspiring his younger brother who eventually started to pursue theater. Chadwick was initially interested in writing and directing but it was his Howard University professors that encouraged him to act.

Thinking back on his brother’s work ethic, Kevin said, ”His best was incredible.”

Pastor Bosman was praying with his brother in his final days. Chadwick never publicly revealed he was sick, just continued on with his career while keeping up a pace that would have challenged someone 100% healthy.

His brother said he was praying for Chad to get better until he said something that changed his focus.

“Man, I’m in the fourth quarter, and I need you to get me out of the game,” Chadwick told his oldest brother.

“When he told me that, I changed my prayer from, ‘God heal him, God save him,’ to ‘God, let your will be done,’” said Pastor Boseman. “And the next day he passed away.”

Back