Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Car Thread: Mechanics, Parts, Mods and Fixes Help

Mooney

Moon for Short
This is for those who have mechanical questions and any questions about cars..
I'm not a mechanic but I have knowledge and maintain my own cars since 2004ish

If we have a local mechanic (ASE cert) or have knowledge of maintaining, upkeep, hacks or whatever helps keep a car running please make your self known please..

We are listening ...

Copy and paste form the my whip thread:

Anyone got classic Chevy or Ford truck, or an Elcamino??? Or have any knowledge with them??? As I need some advice, Im not too clued up on North American cars (if you got any questions on european cars let me know)...

So Im looking to get an American truck, either a Chevy C10, 1950s sidestep (ford or chevy) or an Elcamino (prolly 80s)... Have you guys got any advice, info on body shape changes/face lifts and engine info and common faults etc

How do you get the bolts off an egr valve of an LT1 engine without removing the engine?

I can feel them. I just can't see them.

How do you get the bolts off an egr valve of an LT1 engine without removing the engine?

I can feel them. I just can't see them.
It appears to be side mounted ( which can be annoying)
Use a breaker bar or a swivel head ratchet with attached socket (leverage/length of bar is key)
I'm sure you have a tight space to work with so patience is evident.

Are those nakamoto ceramic pads and rotors and sets any good? Should I even invest in cross drilled and slotted rotors?

Lately the car slightly swerves by itself on expressway going on light bumps. Nothing dangerous but noticeable af.

Is that bad struts/shocks or wheel alignment maybe?

Are those nakamoto ceramic pads and rotors and sets any good? Should I even invest in cross drilled and slotted rotors?
I never used slotted rotors (im cheap) but i do know that slotted rotors have their benefits..what kind of car are you thinking of adding these to?

I had corrosion on my battery. I cleaned it with Coke. What now?
132130684018315_236879.jpg

I would never pour any soda idc what mr wizard says

Back