Welcome To aBlackWeb

Captain America: The Winter Soldier vs The Dark Knight

Which you got?

• Total voters

konceptjones

The one between three and three.
It's been said at various points in time over the years that these two movies were the greatest superhero movies of all time. The Winter Soldier can still lay claim to being the greatest Marvel flick despite Infinity War and Endgame being as good as they are and nothing from DC has even come close to matching The Dark Knight.

What say you?

or

It's a toss-up to me. TDK had the best character (the Joker), but TWS had better action. Everything else was about the same.

Reactions: GNS
TDK had too many strong performances....

Joker naturally
Gordon was amazing
Two-Face transformation was flawless
Lucius Fox and Alfred carried Batman the whole way....

Just too many great performances...

Like the weakest point to TDK was Bale.... And he like niggaz favorite Batman.... So you already know this the greatest

Do y'all talk about anything else besides these geek movies.

At it's core, The Winter Soldier is an espionage flick similar to Mission Impossible. The Dark Knight is similar, in a sense, but more towards vigilante flicks like Death Wish, or more currently The Equalizer, but with technology involved.

no reason to hate on these flicks.

It's a toss-up to me. TDK had the best character (the Joker), but TWS had better action. Everything else was about the same.

IMO, the premise of TWS was better, mainly 'cause I like a good spy flick and at it's core that's really what TWS is. Spies, espionage, political corruption, shit like that.

As great as Winter Soldier was, it came up just short of what Dark Knight and Civil War accomplished.

The set up was great but in terms of executing a message, Winter Soldier just let you build upon the premise, "big government = bad".

Dark Knight made alot of points and not only illustrated them well, but stated them plainly. The chaotic nature of man, justice versus fairness, corrupt government bureaucracies, the danger of government oversight aka NASA.

Dark Knight wins.

Watched both again recently.
The acting stands out for the dark knight(i fux with eckhart)
Tws had the better action and main hero
Rewatching tdk and I see why joker kept laughing in bruces face. That voice and martial arts was more of a clown than joker ever was.
Captain america>>>batman character, movie wise.

Both had good stories. I cared more about cap. Bruce could've copped a better girl to go batty over shawty was garbage.

Opening and bridge scene>>joker chase also

Bruce taking back that oriental was dope too

Bruce was the weak point in TDK....

Like Two-Face and Rachel made sense...

Bruce was wilding thinking he had that girl....

Watched both again recently.
The acting stands out for the dark knight(i fux with eckhart)
Tws had the better action and main hero
Rewatching tdk and I see why joker kept laughing in bruces face. That voice and martial arts was more of a clown than joker ever was.
Captain america>>>batman character, movie wise.

Both had good stories. I cared more about cap. Bruce could've copped a better girl to go batty over shawty was garbage.

Opening and bridge scene>>joker chase also

Bruce taking back that oriental was dope too

I felt like I was the only nigga who noticed that. It something bout her teeth

The Dark Knight

Just watched Winter Soldier last weekend and it's still top 3 MCU film. But TDK is the greatest comicbook movie, followed by Logan.

As great as Winter Soldier was, it came up just short of what Dark Knight and Civil War accomplished.

The set up was great but in terms of executing a message, Winter Soldier just let you build upon the premise, "big government = bad".

Dark Knight made alot of points and not only illustrated them well, but stated them plainly. The chaotic nature of man, justice versus fairness, corrupt government bureaucracies, the danger of government oversight aka NASA.

Dark Knight wins.

One of the things that TWS did really well is tie several events together and focus not on "big goverment = bad" but far more, thematically, than than and truthfully that wasn't even part of it.

Everything isn't always what it appears to be/everyone may not be who you think they are - Jasper Sitwell exemplifies this. Jasper's character has been around for a minute. He was in Thor, The Consultant, Avengers, Item 47, AND Agents of Shield as well as the comic book based on the Iron Man movie "Iron Man: I Am Iron Man! ". The entire time he was portrayed as a cat doing good work with SHIELD, but in TWS, he started out as a SHIELD agent, then you found out the truth about dude mid-way through the movie: The entire time, through two movies, two shorts, a comic book, AND a TV show, he was really a HYDRA agent and everything he did moved their goals forward, not SHIELD's despite everything you saw. While some people might point to Brock Rumlow to illustrate this theme, you can kinda tell something's going on with dude from the beginning of the film but when you first see Jasper on the ship, you tend to remember "Oh yeah, he was in Thor and on the helicarrier in Avengers, he's a good guy.

Information is Power - Everything in TWS centers around information. All of it. Everything that happens from beginning to end circles around the notion that information is power, and that information in the wrong hands can me extremely dangerous if not deadly. Natasha's side mission on the Lemurian Star was to retrieve information, the ship itself was set to launch satellites for Project Insight which itself took information on individuals, assessed their risk to Hydra's goals, and depending on the risk, targeted each one of them for execution. Fury's assassination attempt happened because of information he had been collecting, and Jasper himself said that the algorithm is based on personal information for each person; bank records, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, etc which is stuff we're now seeing as being captured and used on us now thanks to Edward Snowden and Facebook's recent troubles.

Sometimes, the best we can do is to start over - Peggy Carter says this while talking to Cap, and it's far more important that is seems on the surface. The notion of starting over from scratch is a reoccurring theme in the MCU, starting with Iron Man 3 and ending with Endgame where Thanos' new directive for the Infinity Stones which had him erasing the universe and starting over. In the case of TWS, Peggy helped to build SHIELD in Cap's absence but also inadvertently lays the groundwork for Hydra's infiltration. So when she offers that piece of advice, it carried a heavier weight.

I can keep going with it but I think y'all get the gist. Plus, I'm sleepy as shit and gotta crash.

Last edited:
TDK but TWS is dope also

I didn't like TWS at first but the more times. I seen it the doper it became

But TDK was dope from jump and everything was well executed

Back