Welcome To aBlackWeb

silverfoxx

Bitch mob
Won't front I'm stocked. Jordan Peele produced and hopefully the actor who played diamondback in season one of Luke cage will be Candyman.

Universal and MGM have found a director for their Jordan Peele-produced Candymanremake, which is actually being referred to as a “spiritual sequel” to the original '90s horror classic.

Little Woods director and writer Nia DaCosta has been tapped to helm the movie, which has been given a release date of June 12, 2020.

“The original was a landmark film for black representation in the horror genre. Alongside Night of the Living Dead, Candyman was a major inspiration for me as filmmaker — and to have a bold new talent like Nia at the helm of this project is truly exciting," said Peele in a statement. "We are honored to bring the next chapter in the ‘Candyman’ canon to life and eager to provide new audiences with an entry point to Clive Barker’s legend.”

Specific plot details remain under wraps for now, but we do know that this retelling will "return to the neighborhood where the legend began: the now-gentrified section of Chicago where the Cabrini-Green housing projects once stood."

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/horr...costa-to-direct-release-date-revealed-a164956

1708291530474.png

Can be dope incorporating present day Chriaq times into this and speaking about alot of racial and gentrification issues. Shit about to be GOAT

Candy Man didnt really scare me but it was a dope movie just cause it was basically a black horror film with a good ass story. We aint get many of those growing up in the 90s outside of that and Tales from the Hood idk if any others are worth mentioning

I'm in there! Can't wait to see JPs take on the character and how they incorporate the gentrification of the area into the movie.

nice

candyman, candyman, candyma used to have me shook

never worried bout freddy and jason they never came to the hood

I used to live in chicago for a bit

candyman was from the hood

city had a curfew used to think it was because of him

OG Triple OG Tony Tizzod ftw

But if not him...then the Luke Cage brothas who played Diamondback or Bushmaster

Damn near like they could be related.
Lol look at this shit

Erik+LaRay+Harvey+20th+Annual+Screen+Actors+AdoroI79RMZl.jpg

^^Erik LaRay Harvey aka Diamondback

Tony+Todd+24+Redemption+NYC+Premiere+Screening+DYyj8cZieBel.jpg

^^Tony Todd

Tony just looks like an Older erik lmao

Back